• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would say the former is more realistic, if his current club takes a dose of realism.
How long till the player himself takes it into his own hands and starts misbehaving, refuses to play etc. This could be one of the only ever chances he gets at full-time football given his age and the club are dragging it out running risk of it falling through.

Last edited:
How long till the player himself takes it into his own hands and starts misbehaving, refuses to play etc. This could be one of the only ever chances he gets at full-time football given his age and the club are dragging it out running risk of it falling through.

Going by the character that Maher & Co. Seem to be looking at I would assume he wouldn't misbehave but would put in some good performances for the club he is currently employed to until such time the transfer happens.

Going by the character that Maher & Co. Seem to be looking at I would assume he wouldn't misbehave but would put in some good performances for the club he is currently employed to until such time the transfer happens.
Yeah that’s all nice in a few leagues above where everyone is professional and have full-time contracts on better money.This is a concrete chance for this guy to play full-time which he may never get again taking age into account.

I would say so, yes. Feel we need a smaller, pacier-type central forward to complement what we have.
Ah right. Is that what he is ? I haven't seen him play apart from the few minutes from a game posted up here which was tricky to follow but thought he was a 1 for 1 with Cardwell. Pace would be very handy.

Yeah that’s all nice in a few leagues above where everyone is professional and have full-time contracts. This is a concrete chance for this guy to play full-time which he may never get again taking age into account.
Very trure. I hope he behaves as @jarvisyeh says though, while privately making his feelings clear respectfully but clearly to Rushall (if he feels that's needed). I agree, this could potentially turn into one of those 'what if' moments for him otherwise.

Powell is an interesting one as he has real pace and high fitness levels and has been a key part of the high press we've played. He also creates so many chances which often turn in frustrating wasted chances. I agree he adds something to our squad but can't see where he fits into a starting 11 if we add some of the strikers suggested. He could be one who suffers because of us returning to being a normal football club as he goes from starter to bench warmer.
Agreed

Is there any scenario where kev doesn't offer a contract to those players that have literally endured and fought with everything they have?
How can they not be extended.

I imagine with Walker it would be a loan for the rest of the season - Burton may just want Walker out getting game time and regaining his confidence as he's still young. As quite rightly pointed out, the new manager could impact and certainly slow things down. Tom Hopper is a perfect example: the Cowley brothers come in and immediately confirm Hopper was a player they'd tried to sign a number of times in the past, they start him in their first game and he has a blinder.

Hearing Leyton Orient are one team interested in Walker and they're in League One - so no guarantee, like Harrison Neal, that we'll sign Walker given there's teams higher up the pyramid in for him too.

Waldron, on the other hand, is getting extremely closer. The issue I spoke about with the sell-on fee has seemingly resolved and terms with the player are not a problem - he wants the move. Southend are keen to get it resolved before Saturday's game.

Hearing Dackers is also a distinct possibility - a few people have said he cannot play for another team this season. That's not true. He's only been on loan at Altrincham. Woking was last season.

Hope this answers a few questions 👍🏼

Said it was a distinct possibility and it's happened - does not mean Waldron is off, seen a few suggest that might be the case. Rushall are still digging their heels in as it stands and trying to get as much as they can. Saw someone post this link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-67414667 - that's obviously a factor, as is the fact he's one of their most prized assets and this is the highest level they've played at.

In other news, 5 subs tomorrow, things we love to see 🤩

Is there any scenario where kev doesn't offer a contract to those players that have literally endured and fought with everything they have?
How can they not be extended.
I think this is where we all get a bit too sentimental. We want to move forward as a club so if a better player becomes available and they fit the profile we want personality wise etc then I would have no issue whatsoever with us improving. That is what we all want and that is the cut throat business of football. Really grateful for players like Vilhete coming in and helping but would I be gutted if he went - not really. The teams who are successful arent successful because they are nice to ex players etc they are successful because they are always trying to improve.

I think this is where we all get a bit too sentimental. We want to move forward as a club so if a better player becomes available and they fit the profile we want personality wise etc then I would have no issue whatsoever with us improving. That is what we all want and that is the cut throat business of football. Really grateful for players like Vilhete coming in and helping but would I be gutted if he went - not really. The teams who are successful arent successful because they are nice to ex players etc they are successful because they are always trying to improve.
i'd be looking at keeping him to cover the wing backs, it's probably between him, JD, and loans if anything happens to one of them

You say that, but as he is under 23, wouldn't Salford require a fee as compensation for 'training', irrespective of whether he is out of contract or not? One of our younger players went at the end of his contract and the decision on fee went to tribunal but I can't remember who it was now
i think it depends on whether they release him or not. if they're loaning him out this late into his contract they probably think he hasn't got a future there. different if the club wants to keep them I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back