• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only clue was he's a player that had been playing in the NL this season, right?

So it could be any Striker who has played in the NL? Not necessarily Dackers.
I'm hoping for Kanu back (won't happen obvs he's doing alright at Charlton)

That is hindsight though. The club didn't know that in the summer. We could only have 16 players and I don't think one person would have used one of those places taking the gamble on Murphy. Of course, he then goes on and scores and assists a lot of goals, true Southend tradition. That gamble would never have been taken though, as annoying as it is to see him doing well now. Just one of those things you can never predict.
We will never know one way or another. At his age Rees needed the security of a regular wage and a contract and that was always going to be tricky staying with us, similar situation with Steve Arnold. Although my memory gets a bit foggy these days, I'm pretty certain that Kev and Co were pretty keen to hang on to Rees but embargoes dictated otherwise. And my original post was in response to @annie1954 not being keen on him for injury reasons.

We will never know one way or another. At his age Rees needed the security of a regular wage and a contract and that was always going to be tricky staying with us, similar situation with Steve Arnold. Although my memory gets a bit foggy these days, I'm pretty certain that Kev and Co were pretty keen to hang on to Rees but embargoes dictated otherwise. And my original post was in response to @annie1954 not being keen on him for injury reasons.
Oh I totally agree that not many players would stick around on a non-contract basis, it's why we should be so grateful to the ones that did. However, as you say, we'll never know what could have happened. Even if we could have offered him a contract, I don't think they would have given him the same terms, based on his injuries.

I think it's good that we can now move on to pastures new and hopefully with 1 or 2 additions up top, we won't even have to think about previous strikers. I never thought we would get to that position. Here's to a good future.

Perfectly warming the bench at Solihull right now!
Oh is he? I didn't realise - at 24, he's hardly going to break into the first team at Ipswich now so they may as well release him for a team like us to snap him up. Would be decent cover IMO.

Oh is he? I didn't realise - at 24, he's hardly going to break into the first team at Ipswich now so they may as well release him for a team like us to snap him up. Would be decent cover IMO.
Okay re-checked his appearences and looks like they may be rotating, but still would be great competition for Colin.

I’d start him over Collin. Collin is an excellent shot stopper but I think both Hayes and David Martin command their box better and are better at claiming crosses into the box which away from home especially takes a lot of pressure off the defence.

It also pushes us up the pitch if we have faith and confidence in our keeper. It’s not a priority signing by any means as Collin is solid enough but if we wanna get promotion from this league I still think keeper is one area we may strengthen. Will have to wait and see I guess as I know this divides opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back