• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I may be in the minority, but I certainly wouldn't be overwhelmed if the signing was to be Dackers. Granted he would be improved by our management team, but he hasn't set the football world alight so far.
Just need a body up there currently, someone to be in the box. I think Maher and co can make him a better player, like they have Cards. Don’t underestimate how good our football department is nowadays. Not Phil Brown standard, but close 😂

In terms of loan signings I doubt we'll get much better than Dackers. The management team know him well, he knows us well, can fit straight in and hit the ground running and will provide a 6/10 minimum each week, with some 7's and potential for a couple of 8's.

The alternative is to pay money for a striker when there won't be many top targets available now, or to sign a kid on loan who's only really played youth football.

Dackers seems a wise signing to me.

Talking about waiting till next season is mad, you can't think that way. The current players have done amazing and to keep them motivated we need to give it our best shot. If we just let the season peter out the form could drop massively and mentally that would be a really bad way for the team to start thinking, switching off and not commiting. Whether we make it or not who knows but we've got to give it our best go and if we made it then it would be one of the best ever managerial performances in our history.

Sorry, I may be in the minority, but I certainly wouldn't be overwhelmed if the signing was to be Dackers. Granted he would be improved by our management team, but he hasn't set the football world alight so far.
He turned 21 literally 2 days ago. Let's give the kid a chance eh? The right coaching, environment and tactical setup will all play a big role. I think he could flourish at SUFC.

Talking about waiting till next season is mad, you can't think that way. The current players have done amazing and to keep them motivated we need to give it our best shot. If we just let the season peter out the form could drop massively and mentally that would be a really bad way for the team to start thinking, switching off and not commiting. Whether we make it or not who knows but we've got to give it our best go and if we made it then it would be one of the best ever managerial performances in our history.

Corrected that for you. If we went up this season I don’t think I can think of anything more impressive at all levels of football. I don’t think it will happen but I’m on the side that we should give it a bloody good go until it’s mathematically impossible.

Who ever said they had written the season off?

This. I believe that both the management & the team go out onto the pitch for every game with the aim of coming back off the pitch later in the afternoon/evening with 3 points in the bag.*

I would be surprised if there was evidence to the contrary.

*The only exception might be for the last few games of the season when there is "nothing to lose" & the management team might want to try out different options. [Shoulder shrug, odd face].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back