• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maher been approached by Welsh FA to take charge of womens team. Currie and Bentley to go with him. Barry Fry will take charge of the team on Saturday at Eastleigh
No I heard Fry pulled out at the last minute to go to Birmingham & consortium have lined up Phil Brown as a replacement...Nile ranger also may be incoming

I don't think anyone expects promotion, but this theory to "save it for next season" seems foolish when we're winning games despite the embargo we suffered. We also have 2 games in hand on the last play off position and 3 and a half months to go until the end of the season to plug the gap.

I'm not expecting play offs at all, but to not go for it seems a waste. I appreciate how close we are to the relegation zone but but I still have yet to see a team I've deemed unbeatable in this division, therefore I'm looking up the table, not down.

Why not go for i
KM is a competitor....my guess is even it is only an outside chance he will be all in

I don't think anyone can expect any promotion push this season. Dackers is a great get for a few months whilst Cards is out. The signings of Morton and Crowther are looking to the future and by getting them now, it gives them 4 months to settle in ahead of next season. Add Waldron to that list and Maher is starting to get the right kind of players in (young, promising, talented) to compliment the squad.
Waldron is six and a half years older than Dackers!

I often wonder how many goals Rhys Murphy may of got for us this season , i don;t think the trio has made many mistake's but whether it was in their hands or not he could of got us 12-15 goals this season IMO
A few have pointed out that the quality of the majority of teams in NLN and NLS is way below the majority of the NL.

Tells me that someone like Murphy could bag a few with ease.

He certainly wasn't injured when Yeovil did a job on us in the FA Cup. As I recall he was instrumental in a lot of stuff they did that day.
That is hindsight though. The club didn't know that in the summer. We could only have 16 players and I don't think one person would have used one of those places taking the gamble on Murphy. Of course, he then goes on and scores and assists a lot of goals, true Southend tradition. That gamble would never have been taken though, as annoying as it is to see him doing well now. Just one of those things you can never predict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back