• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea that we will spend £100k on any player while we are in the NL is laughable

Yes we've been taken over, but we're not in the position to be making those kind of moves
I think we can but we wont. Clearly the consortium have unshackled the club but will be weary about Ron, short-termism and being seen as overspenders. A loan makes sense as it provides cover without any commitment.

Wow, this is a nice change reading positive movements on 3 potential targets. I guess the consortium haven’t completely written off this seasons after all

I wouldn't discount the josh walker rumour.

Looking at the Burton Albion board. They feel he is out of his depth at league 1, although he is being played as a winger rather than his proper position.

They seem to think he is on his way to a national league club.

Wow, this is a nice change reading positive movements on 3 potential targets. I guess the consortium haven’t completely written off this seasons after all

I don't think anyone can expect any promotion push this season. Dackers is a great get for a few months whilst Cards is out. The signings of Morton and Crowther are looking to the future and by getting them now, it gives them 4 months to settle in ahead of next season. Add Waldron to that list and Maher is starting to get the right kind of players in (young, promising, talented) to compliment the squad.

I don't think anyone can expect any promotion push this season. Dackers is a great get for a few months whilst Cards is out. The signings of Morton and Crowther are looking to the future and by getting them now, it gives them 4 months to settle in ahead of next season. Add Waldron to that list and Maher is starting to get the right kind of players in (young, promising, talented) to compliment the squad.
I don't think anyone expects promotion, but this theory to "save it for next season" seems foolish when we're winning games despite the embargo we suffered. We also have 2 games in hand on the last play off position and 3 and a half months to go until the end of the season to plug the gap.

I'm not expecting play offs at all, but to not go for it seems a waste. I appreciate how close we are to the relegation zone but but I still have yet to see a team I've deemed unbeatable in this division, therefore I'm looking up the table, not down.

Why not go for it?

I don't think it's about writing the season off. I think it takes time to build a title challenging team. Both Morton and crowther would have been snapped up if we didn't sign them. It also gives them 6 months to bed in and settle rather than signing 15 players in the summer and have that period during the new season. look at Oldham's start for example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back