• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think there is talk of them wanting additional fees for his first appearance and that after 10 and so forth …..the player is probably as pee’d off as we are that this is the case as folk on here seem to think he was very keen on the move
If it was Ipswich trying to sign Kensdale not many on here would have any problem with us trying to squeeze out the very best deal possible for the club. If that meant moving the goalposts a bit some on here would complain they had not been moved far enough.

I for one will not be blaming small clubs trying to maximise on their assets. In these two recent cases perhaps something was agreed on before but football being football it was always thus. In any case we hardly a club that complain over much as in our recent and not so distant pass you can probably find a litany of broken promises made by us and never mind about money still owed from more than a year ago from transfer fees.

There is another factor that might not work in our favour. With John Still having a reputation for identifying talent clubs may feel that they have hitherto undervalued the player and look to add all sort of clauses etc in the hope they can profit both immediately but also in the future. Just the fact it is Southend trying to sign the player might add to his value.

As I remember the few times Ron did not get flak on this site was when he was a hard negotiator for departing talent.

We might be Southend fans but the selling clubs have every right to try receive the most they can from any sale. This might well delay completion of the deal but I do believe that if the club(s) concerned really need to sell agreement will be reached eventually.

I'd say he shows a lot more than that. Good movement, pace and lays the pay off nicely. Similar to Cardwell who come from that level too I think?
Although Cardwell had come up through a decent academy (Reading), was a Scotland u19 and u21 international and had EFL experience. All things Waldron doesn't have.

However, if the management team rate him then that's good enough for me.

Although Cardwell had come up through a decent academy (Reading), was a Scotland u19 and u21 international and had EFL experience. All things Waldron doesn't have.

Agreed he doesn't have to same calibre background as Cardwell. Guessing the management think he's a rough diamond and worth a gamble as a squad option rather than a guaranteed starter to begin with. We are desperate for depth of a striker who can hold the ball up given the way we play. Pretty sure they won't be wanting to break the bank on him either so may not happen if price isn't right.

Bang on. Jamie Vardy didn't have anyof these things, though he was a bit younger!

Good news on a Monday - I am told the Waldron deal is still alive, albeit not yet done (feel free to message me if further clarity needed on wording). I understand the hold up with Danny Waldron to be down to Rushall Olympic digging their heels in about a sell-on clause in the deal. All parties are hopeful it'll be resolved this week.

Do not think personal terms are an issue as such, although pen to paper has obviously not yet happened, but the player seems keen on a move by all accounts.

People writing off a player based on 6 mins worth of highlights need to give their heads a wobble. He clearly knows where the back of the net is, and scored both goals against a League One side in Cheltenham Town last season in their 2-1 upset in the first round of the FA Cup. He also scored 29 goals last season.

Just a reminder that Macauley Langstaff was the top goalscorer in the National League North in the 2021/22 season. Signed by Notts County last season and finished the season with 42 goals in 45 games. This is a signing that should excite the fans, and we're crying out for a striker regardless.

We're playing a team on Saturday with a striker that we would have been in for had we not been under an embargo. Even though we scored three goals at the weekend, I still think we're papering over the cracks slightly, and it may be a case of the club giving a little more ideally and we may then see some signings completed this week.

Here's to trying to keep patient whilst hoping for a positive week ahead 🤞🏼🦐

Last edited:
Good news on a Monday - I am told the Waldron deal is still alive, albeit not yet done (feel free to message me if further clarity needed on wording). I understand the hold up with Danny Waldron to be down to Rushall Olympic digging their heels in about a sell-on clause in the deal. All parties are hopeful it'll be resolved this week.

Do not think personal terms are an issue as such, although pen to paper has obviously not yet happened, but the player seems keen on a move by all accounts.

People writing off a player based on 6 mins worth of highlights need to give their heads a wobble. He clearly knows where the back of the net is, and scored both goals against a League One side in Cheltenham Town last season in their 2-1 upset in the first round of the FA Cup. He also scored 29 goals last season.

Just a reminder that Macauley Langstaff was the top goalscorer in the National League North in the 2021/22 season. Signed by Notts County last season and finished the season with 42 goals in 45 games. This is a signing that should excite the fans, and we're crying out for a striker regardless.

We're playing a team on Saturday with a striker that we would have been in for had we not been made under an embargo. Even though we scored three goals at the weekend, I still think we're papering over the cracks slightly, and it may be a case of the club giving a little more ideally and we may then see some signings completed this week.

Thanks for the update.
yeah can’t understand the knockers. I think Danny Waldron looks pretty decent for our level of footy.

Good news on a Monday - I am told the Waldron deal is still alive, albeit not yet done (feel free to message me if further clarity needed on wording). I understand the hold up with Danny Waldron to be down to Rushall Olympic digging their heels in about a sell-on clause in the deal.

Can't we just offer them something shiny?

We're playing a team on Saturday with a striker that we would have been in for had we not been made under an embargo. Even though we scored three goals at the weekend, I still think we're papering over the cracks slightly, and it may be a case of the club giving a little more ideally and we may then see some signings completed this week.

Cheers LS, appreciate the info as always. Can't blame Rushall on wanting a sell-on clause in there, I'd imagine we understand that as entirely reasonable too so it's probably more of a question of how large, rather than if? The larger they want it the less fee they get up front, and imagine there would be a limit we wouldn't go above (pulling an FM number out my arse, maybe 25%).

Being honest I've not even watched his highlights as they're rarely that indicative of a successful transfer and I trust Still & team to have a better idea, but if they're still keen on the guy then that works for me.

The Club can announce that we have agreed with another club to sell Adam Crowther.

We expect the deal to be completed in the next 48 hours pending paperwork/medicals.

Chairman Stephen Cleeve said “Adam was a superb servant for the club, and he will always be welcome back. Whilst we know some fans will be unhappy about his departure, we promote talent and we will never stand in a player’s way of taking a step up.”

The club wishes the best of luck to Adam in his future ventures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back