• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some think has to give if we say it’s out of our hands and then the mangers for other clubs say it’s up to us some one has to pull there finger out and say we’re out or we’ll agree to what ever terms they want

We'll have other targets than just Waldron and Crowther. As good as it would be to be able to sign one or both, I'm pretty confident Kev and the football department will be making other enquiries too. I can't see them continuing to wait if neither Kings Lynn or Rushall Olympic look like agreeing to complete reasonable deals this week.

Just to make it clear the player and club I’m referring to is not AC and kings Lynn it’s Waldron and his club that have thrown in all kind of championship manager add ons …….not that I’m fully aware but wouldn’t expect that from a club at that level
i think them wanting a few quid when he lifts the Champions League with us is only fair enough

Appreciate its a one off home video, but he looks like a bog standard non league 9 lump.. if thats what Kev wants then fine, cant say im losing any sleep based on that showing.

I mentioned on Twitter/X earlier but I think we should go in for Ollie Pearce of Worthing. League below (same step as Waldron), has more goals this season (he has 24 G+A in 24 games). Similar age to Waldron, closer to us than Waldron, similar profile as Waldron.

He also scored 25 goals in the NLS last season too and chipped in with 13 assists. So 38 goal contributions in 44 games.

Appreciate its a one off home video, but he looks like a bog standard non league 9 lump.. if thats what Kev wants then fine, cant say im losing any sleep based on that showing.
Yeah it wasn’t an amazing showing, but there were some decent signs in moments.

The club may feel he has some specific qualities that fit how they would want him to play. The ask at Rushall might be very different.

In this video there’s not much quality on show anywhere else across the two teams but Waldron’s first shot was decent and there was also a run and cut back in the second half that was excellent and should have been buried by his teammate.

Interesting choice of words, would assume “much higher up the football pyramid” doesn’t mean NL.
It cannot be ruled out that the Rushall manager is talking up the competition for Waldron's signature to extract more from Southend.

It is unfortunate the EFL window opened almost as soon as the club's embargo was lifted because it gives the likes of Rushall and Kings Lynn leverage in negotiations they did not have before 1 January 2024.

I'd say he shows a lot more than that. Good movement, pace and lays the pay off nicely. Similar to Cardwell who come from that level too I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back