• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news that , that ticks my goal scoring centre half box that we are desperately lacking ATM , thats not knocking our current crop who are all good players in their own right, but how nice would it be to have some goals coming from corners like the last Adam we had who was pretty decent from set pieces !!
It's getting quite scary with the similarities with Tilson's league busting team, all we need now is a Freddy Eastwood

Sounds a similar profile to Lomas, lets hope he can stay fit unlike Louis. A few goals from our centre backs wouldnt go amiss.
Feels harsh. It’s not that Lomas can’t ’stay fit’, he suffered an injury last season and exacerbated it by continuing to play through it to help our playoff push. I’m sure once he’s properly recovered he’ll be fine

Yea, Taylor has been superb, in the mix for POTY. I like him generally as a player and was backing him in midfield when others were being critical - but he's made that CB spot his own.

Clark was saying same on coms Saturday. "A good midfielder, a great centre back"

For me, Crowther doesnt get in until he gets a chance. Kev is a lot like that anyways with signings, so suspect thats what will happen. When someone gets a knock, he will get a chance to claim the shirt.

Not sure where it leaves Brooklyn who is really "next in line" if we get an injury.

Taylor is criminally under rated. Has been incredibly solid covering Hobson this year. IMO he has found his position at RCB
Totally fair, I’ve not managed to get back for many games this year but he has looked excellent in the moments I have seen him. Seen a few examples of superb last ditch defending.

We’ll see, I just wonder if his versatility will cost him and he’ll be used between RCB/DM/RWB as is needed. For me Ralph is quality and Kensdale pays a unique Rio Ferdinand-esque role at the back.

Feel sorry for the guy, it was frustrating when I got injured last year, and couldn't do much for 2 months, whereas he's been out for a while and it's his career!!
Very hard for him now. Kev and Co know what he can do but having been injured through the whole season and with new players looking at coming in it must be even harder. Have to hope that Kev and Co see enough in him to give him the chance to prove himself again once fit.

Taylor is criminally under rated. Has been incredibly solid covering Hobson this year. IMO he has found his position at RCB
Must say when i first saw Taylor i thought he was too lightweight and a bit nervy on the ball at CB, but he has grown into that role and has been in great form and probably the pick of the 3 consistently over the past few months , i quite like CB's getting 7 out of 10 each week like Taylor , to me it shows his positioning is on point that he doesn;t look like he's diving into last ditch tackles or blocks.

some defenders look good because of their tackling and recovery when its their slack positioning that gets them in that situation to start with .

Must say when i first saw Taylor i thought he was too lightweight and a bit nervy on the ball at CB, but he has grown into that role and has been in great form and probably the pick of the 3 consistently over the past few months , i quite like CB's getting 7 out of 10 each week like Taylor , to me it shows his positioning is on point that he doesn;t look like he's diving into last ditch tackles or blocks.

some defenders look good because of their tackling and recovery when its their slack positioning that gets them in that situation to start with .
Ryan Cresswell was an example of this. Looked epic with last ditch challenges but was always in the recovery… good player tho, liked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back