• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Use

Hi T****P, back in the very old days of the mid to late 1960's when I would often spend more time hanging around with the players than being at my home in Little Wakering the club owned lots and lots of houses most of which were in and around the Manners Way area and in particular Byrne Drive, Keith Way, Hampton Gardens, Oaken Grange Drive and Rochford Road close to the Bell Public House (Phil Chisnall lived there when he first signed). It was also common knowledge that there were also quite a lot iof houses in the Eastwood area with the likes of the late Trevor Roberts, Graham Birks and Billy Best living in Hudson Crescent, I also know Billy lived in Gravel Road before he returned to Northampton. I believe there was some houses in the Nobles Green Road area which included Dandies Drive. It has also been mentioned on here before that the late Gary Moore lived in Little Hays off the Arterial Road at the junction with Progress Road. I can't answer your comment with regard to the late Ernie Shepherd although I did actually go there when Ernie sadly passed away in 2001. I am also aware that there were some off Ambleside Drive near Lifstan Way. Over later years some players also lived in Great Wakering but I cannot be sure if they were actually club houses or privately owned or rented but it's fair to say that whoever was in charge at Roots Hall back at that particular time would have made a tidy sum of money for themselves when the houses were sold if it was not for the club itself. Cheers Nobbler.xx

Didn't know Phil Chis.actually lived in the Bell though I saw him drinking there back in the day along with Sammy Mac. IIRC. :Winking:

Last edited:
How long are we willing to wait .. as I guess we will only will pay what we think they are worth surely we may get to a stage and say sorry we’ll move on ?

That is a very good point imho.

If it is from the KL side that they are holding out for more than an original "agreed" offer and I do say "if", then unlike alot of clubs that might take longer to move on, we have the " we have managed with 16 and low cover for all the season so far, so thanks but no thanks and we'll keep looking."

So trying to hold us to ransom in that way could backfire, especially with JS's scouting network behind us.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
According to the Non league paper report Hartlepool's 'Maestro Mancini too slick for hoops' aka Oxford City., done everything but score, sounds like Hartlepool are very glad he's returning from injury!
He was certainly stand out player when they played us at RH and looked far to good for National league..imo any chance of a cheeky bid!
He'd be one worth splashing out on. I have no idea how he is playing at this level.

That is a very good point imho.

If it is from the KL side that they are holding out for more than an original "agreed" offer and I do say "if", then unlike alot of clubs that might take longer to move on, we have the " we have managed with 16 and low cover for all the season so far, so thanks but no thanks and we'll keep looking."

So trying to hold us to ransom in that way could backfire, especially with JS's scouting network behind us.

Just a thought.
Just to make it clear the player and club I’m referring to is not AC and kings Lynn it’s Waldron and his club that have thrown in all kind of championship manager add ons …….not that I’m fully aware but wouldn’t expect that from a club at that level

No it’s not, because it’s a twitter account known for literally making stuff up.

A bit like when they said this in May:
No one is saying anyone has to believe it. How much stuff which ends up on shrimperzone ends up being true? probably less than 1% but it doesn't matter. Not hurting anyone.

Just to make it clear the player and club I’m referring to is not AC and kings Lynn it’s Waldron and his club that have thrown in all kind of championship manager add ons …….not that I’m fully aware but wouldn’t expect that from a club at that level
Thing is a club like Rushall have an “asset” like this once in a blue moon- the owner is probably getting over excited…regrettably… and he has a new, if small, new stand and updated floodlights to pay for by end March or they will be kicked out of NLN..of course, overplay your hand and stories of a bird in the hand appear..

Cheers, but I wasn't commenting on your post, but on Callum's post in general. :Smile:

And there you are..which at face value would indicate we were a way off agreeing a deal. They will see what comes in the window..

BTW no guarantee a better opportunity will actually materialise.. not been at a bigger club at younger age groups, NLN his highest level played for this year only, already 27…again they may be getting over excited and bird in hand and all that, but no real surprise given window open?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back