• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked that same question of a Consortium member yesterday.

Very valid answer was given - if we have 4 on the bench then the chances of a youth team player such as McDonald getting on are virtually zero and it is felt they will benefit more from having played their own matches which I understand are on Saturady mornings.

I would have thought however that the youth GK could be on the bench, but then again the potential damage of introducing him so young if he made a bad mistake or was injured could be disastorus to a fledgling career.
Unfortunately the part highlighted in bold is a little inaccurate. As the Academy is no longer part of the EFL games programme following the two-year run-off after relegation, the U19s now participate in the National League U19 Alliance, and fixtures are on Wednesday afternoons. Although we have played a few friendlies against EPPP Academy teams on Saturdays (Liverpool, Luton, QPR) which the players would learn from, they aren’t lined up every week.

I would suggest the final paragraph is more relevant; if players are ready or impressing in the U19s, then they’ll likely now force their way onto the bench but, as @Yorkshire Blue has mentioned, the Academy has been decimated recently, especially after the loss of EPPP funding, and the group of older players (Crowhurst, Bland, Davis, even Benton) are no longer with us, and many other scholars also moved on (so someone like Max Fiddes, who has joined Queens Park recently, but who scored a lot of goals last season and might have been a forward option off the bench by now), so the next group of potential Academy graduates (Beau MacDonald, goalkeeper Charlie Brown who has been warming up with Collin recently) are 16-year-olds.

Last edited:
I wonder if King's Lynn were anticipating a bidding war for Crowther between us an Bromley [seeing as we have these new owners with a bit of cash to spare], and when it didn't happen some sellers remorse has crept in. All speculation.

To everyone that's making assumptions about the way we are dealing with the Adam Crowther transfer please note that their chairman is a complete crook. Wouldn't believe a word of what he says. He regularly argues and takes aim at their fans on social media. This could completely be a stunt.

We have been praised by Weston SM and January '22 when we made a few signings (I remember Kings Langley being complimentary).

Please reconsider having a go JS, TL or anyone who works in negations or completing transfers. By the way RM has nothing to do with the running of the club, especially player acquisitions.

Sorry I know this is the wrong place for this, but does anyone know what Tom Lawrence’s email address is please? Thanks

According to the Non league paper report Hartlepool's 'Maestro Mancini too slick for hoops' aka Oxford City., done everything but score, sounds like Hartlepool are very glad he's returning from injury!
He was certainly stand out player when they played us at RH and looked far to good for National league..imo any chance of a cheeky bid!

I don’t know every name we are interested in, of course I don’t, but I’ve not heard this name mentioned, and because of the source of it I wouldn’t believe it at all I’m afraid.

As I’ve said before, a broken clock is right twice a day, but I’m not even sure this account has got two right since it started.

Suspect with Waldron its Rushall stalling as the window opens. To meet the requirements to stay in NLN Rushall need to provide a new min 252 seat stand and updated floodlights- and Waldron is the #1 asset to help fund.. I think with him and Crowther it may be clubs rather than players stalling for better terms/ hoping for bigger offers?
Think there is talk of them wanting additional fees for his first appearance and that after 10 and so forth …..the player is probably as pee’d off as we are that this is the case as folk on here seem to think he was very keen on the move

Think there is talk of them wanting additional fees for his first appearance and that after 10 and so forth …..the player is probably as pee’d off as we are that this is the case as folk on here seem to think he was very keen on the move

How long are we willing to wait .. as I guess we will only will pay what we think they are worth surely we may get to a stage and say sorry we’ll move on ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back