• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t believe Tom has lost the talent he had for a second due to injuries, as some have alluded to. He brings so much to a game other than goals, which he has got in his locker. Delighted for him if he could get back to his best. Just a shame it may not be with us.

Cowleys are a real coup for you, they really are. As man managers, they are among the best in the business.

They both got booked yesterday for running up the line when we scored in the last minute and celebrating with our fans, real passion from them. They were 1st off the team bus when the players arrived at Swindon thanking the fans for coming up and posing for photographs etc, they really are a breath of fresh air. I was really pleased for Tom too, I don't know why he has been used so little but I think his time might come now.

Not sure if has been mentioned but cannot be asked to trawl through over 100 pages. Is it possible that one of our targets is still involved in the F A cup ? For obvious reasons a club would not release them.

Honestly, I think some people need to take a break from this thread can’t be good for the blood pressure.
Jesus! I just did exactly that, not looked at it since going back to work after New Year and had 40 odd pages to trawl through!

Basically, nothing has changed. Kev's rightly got the hump about leaks from within the Club. Morton is our only actual signing so far. Everything else is pure speculation until the OS runs the story of a player with a scarf above his head and shares it across their social media.

Just chill, people. It's a busy time and for me, until the EFL window closes at the end of the month, I quite understand if players are keeping their options open while we still have the basket case of a chairman in place despite the bright, new future on the horizon with the consortium.

Question? I wondered why, without an embargo, we only had four subs? Could we not stick a youth on the bench for numbers and to give them real game experience.
People need to get their heads round the fact that firstly our u23s have been scrapped and secondly our youth team has been decimated.

If things had turned out differently we might have had a Jaden Crowhurst, Tommy Davis, Henry Sandat, Jacob Bland etc we’d have put on the bench. But they’ve all gone (and in Sandat’s case returned and gone straight into the starting XI).

The level below them pretty much all got disillusioned with not being paid and left. The pick of the sixteen year olds remaining is probably Beau MacDonald. He’s already had a taste of first team experience. How much more is he going to learn from sitting on a bench instead of playing?

Question? I wondered why, without an embargo, we only had four subs? Could we not stick a youth on the bench for numbers and to give them real game experience.
I asked that same question of a Consortium member yesterday.

Very valid answer was given - if we have 4 on the bench then the chances of a youth team player such as McDonald getting on are virtually zero and it is felt they will benefit more from having played their own matches which I understand are on Saturady mornings.

I would have thought however that the youth GK could be on the bench, but then again the potential damage by introducing him so young if he made a bad mistake or was injured could be disastorus to a fledgling career.

Last edited:
It's a shame that we have gone from Weston-Super-Mare saying SUFC were a pleasure to deal with and everything was smooth, honest and professional in the transfer of James Morton, to SUFC going back on their word and moving the goalposts in the Adam Crowther transfer. If SUFC are going against deals originally agreed, then it's little wonder the deal falls through. I did think it's probably the Kings Lynn Chairman. But then the Waldron transfer has also stalled. What is going on? What is the truth? I blame the ITKs.

Last edited:
I know the club are throwing a bit of a hissy about the leaks over transfer targets. But without some ITK’s info, we would be in the dark most of the time. Getting snippets of info is important for our forum.
We shouldn’t be bashing our informants, they are all shrimpers and want the best for the club.
I know that sometimes I do question some ITK’s posts. I can be a bit prickly and challenging at times. But overall I do value them.
look forward to more ITK’s posts and some more signings (hopefully)

It's a shame that we have gone from Weston-Super-Mare saying SUFC were a pleasure to deal with and everything was smooth, honest and professional in the transfer of James Morton, to SUFC going back on their word and moving the goalposts in the Adam Crowther transfer. If SUFC are going against deals originally agreed, then it's little wonder the deal falls through.
There are 2 sides to every story, it's way too soon to assume that it's our new regime at fault.

To everyone reacting to this Echo article, could I just remind you of some posts in this thread just yesterday evening which add some things to consider before going ape****:
Firstly:
The 'moving the goalposts' thing seems to be the view of Stephen Cleeve, the King's Lynn owner. Based on track record, I wouldn't necessarily rush to believe his word over Kevin Maher (who said it is 'out of our hands'). Remember, King's Lynn are in real financial peril themselves at the moment. That backdrop doesn't necessarily mean they will have a fire sale of any decent players - they could just as easily see their few saleable players as assets to extract the maximum money from. I wouldn't trust Cleeve as far as I could throw him. I think if any goalposts have moved, its likely to be at the Lynn end - not us.

Weston-super-Mare's manager could not have been more effusive in his praise for how Southend dealt with the Morton transfer so us moving the goalposts has a certain bovine backside whiff about it.

I also don't personally think this has anything to do with the league, but I could be wrong.
Secondly:
From the Kings Lynn forum:

View attachment 30627
And thirdly:
Who are you going to believe? Stephen Cleeve or Kevin Maher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back