• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I put out a tweet on 26 November:

The embargo was lifted a month or so later and the defender we look to sign is Adam Crowther.

I tweet that Crowther said his goodbyes at the end of the game last week, this was followed up by other King's Lynn fans saying similar. Besides, I was at the Chelmsford vs Braintree game as I put out on my Twitter.

I then tweet to say I've heard it's a done deal:

It's not announced before today's game, even though I gave no indication he would be playing today and a lot of stick has flown my way on a thread which is actually titled 'Rumours' but there we have it.

I knew he was at King's Lynn today and put that out here before it was confirmed anywhere in the public domain, including the team-sheets being released at 2pm with Crowther in the starting 11. I did not shy away from that.

Just because he hasn't signed yet, doesn't mean he's not going to sign. King's Lynn are in financial trouble and are in a relegation battle whilst on a dire run. Of course they're going to play their best player against a team also fighting to stay up if he's still contracted to them.

That said, I've just been shown a part of an article released tonight by the Lynn Newspaper (https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/li...unger-of-midfielder-after-quakers-lo-9347521/):

Lynn's boss also touched on the wide speculation linking defender Adam Crowther with a potential move to a National League club.

"He's our player who's contracted to us and the club that wants him has kind of moved the goalposts a little bit from a deal that was agreed.

Like any player, there's many players I want but I can't get them unless we give the club they're contracted to what they want, and that's where we are.

"If they honour what was agreed initially with the chairman then that will probably happen whilst we don't want to be losing, best players at this stage of the season but when players are out of contracts and their heads maybe elsewhere, we've got to do the right thing for for the club in the long term.

"The ball is well and truly in the club in question's court.
"
Quite a few people are keen to jump down the back of people's throats on here. I guess there's no one to direct such snipes and inappropriate comments to now that we've got the Rat out our club.

A clickbait article posted by a journalist that is displeased that I'm revealing news has blown everything out of proportion the past few days. I've made my comments clear on that already. The club's gripe is with whoever leaks information to others, not people talking online - that's part and parcel of football, but they'd rather it did not get out.

The above excerpt puts into perspective the reliability of what I put out during the week, so people calling for apologies and owning up to getting things wrong should take a step back and be patient. Looks like what I said had substance and truth.

You wouldn't think looking on this thread that we've just won 3-0 against a team that started the day in the playoffs and with the best defensive record in the league.

Like I've said all along - this is just a fan account and I'm just keeping other fans in the loop with reliable information that I get given that the majority of the time turns out to be correct. If you don't want to hear it then ignore it, block me and move on. The toxicity is tiring to see. But there's people out there that appreciate being kept in the loop, hearing exciting news re: the club and are grateful for it.

Fingers crossed for a couple of signings this week before a tough away trip to Eastleigh 🦐
Fair play LS, as I’ve said you’re clearly ITK and I don’t doubt your motives, and those quotes do go a long way to explaining things.

Fair play LS, as I’ve said you’re clearly ITK and I don’t doubt your motives, and those quotes do go a long way to explaining things.
Agreed, I’ve been critical today and fair play to @londonshrimper. for his post.

I’d still prefer all ITK’s to be mindful of language and not suggest anything‘s done and dusted prematurely regardless of what’s heard. I’d certainly never accuse anyone of lying though, I hope nobody thought I was implying that.

Unless we have sleepwalked straight into another financial mismanagement penalty from the national league .. but somethings up ‘out of our hands’ was an expression Maher used a lot under the embargo .. he’s used it again today

We know for sure that we’re not under embargo - the NL helpfully now lists those teams

My reading of it is that I think Maher just doesn’t like discussing transfers and he’s trying to get away from talking about it. “Out of our hands” is the new “down to the bare bones” or “like I say”

The 'moving the goalposts' thing seems to be the view of Stephen Cleeve, the King's Lynn owner. Based on track record, I wouldn't necessarily rush to believe his word over Kevin Maher (who said it is 'out of our hands'). Remember, King's Lynn are in real financial peril themselves at the moment. That backdrop doesn't necessarily mean they will have a fire sale of any decent players - they could just as easily see their few saleable players as assets to extract the maximum money from. I wouldn't trust Cleeve as far as I could throw him. I think if any goalposts have moved, its likely to be at the Lynn end - not us.

Weston-super-Mare's manager could not have been more effusive in his praise for how Southend dealt with the Morton transfer so us moving the goalposts has a certain bovine backside whiff about it.

I also don't personally think this has anything to do with the league, but I could be wrong.
That’s a fair point on Cleeve, I was reading about him earlier in the week, sounds like another wrong-un much like our rat.

So I put out a tweet on 26 November:

The embargo was lifted a month or so later and the defender we look to sign is Adam Crowther.

I tweet that Crowther said his goodbyes at the end of the game last week, this was followed up by other King's Lynn fans saying similar. Besides, I was at the Chelmsford vs Braintree game as I put out on my Twitter.

I then tweet to say I've heard it's a done deal:

It's not announced before today's game, even though I gave no indication he would be playing today and a lot of stick has flown my way on a thread which is actually titled 'Rumours' but there we have it.

I knew he was at King's Lynn today and put that out here before it was confirmed anywhere in the public domain, including the team-sheets being released at 2pm with Crowther in the starting 11. I did not shy away from that.

Just because he hasn't signed yet, doesn't mean he's not going to sign. King's Lynn are in financial trouble and are in a relegation battle whilst on a dire run. Of course they're going to play their best player against a team also fighting to stay up if he's still contracted to them.

That said, I've just been shown a part of an article released tonight by the Lynn Newspaper (https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/li...unger-of-midfielder-after-quakers-lo-9347521/):

Lynn's boss also touched on the wide speculation linking defender Adam Crowther with a potential move to a National League club.

"He's our player who's contracted to us and the club that wants him has kind of moved the goalposts a little bit from a deal that was agreed.

Like any player, there's many players I want but I can't get them unless we give the club they're contracted to what they want, and that's where we are.

"If they honour what was agreed initially with the chairman then that will probably happen whilst we don't want to be losing, best players at this stage of the season but when players are out of contracts and their heads maybe elsewhere, we've got to do the right thing for for the club in the long term.

"The ball is well and truly in the club in question's court.
"
Quite a few people are keen to jump down the back of people's throats on here. I guess there's no one to direct such snipes and inappropriate comments to now that we've got the Rat out our club.

A clickbait article posted by a journalist that is displeased that I'm revealing news has blown everything out of proportion the past few days. I've made my comments clear on that already. The club's gripe is with whoever leaks information to others, not people talking online - that's part and parcel of football, but they'd rather it did not get out.

The above excerpt puts into perspective the reliability of what I put out during the week, so people calling for apologies and owning up to getting things wrong should take a step back and be patient. Looks like what I said had substance and truth.

You wouldn't think looking on this thread that we've just won 3-0 against a team that started the day in the playoffs and with the best defensive record in the league.

Like I've said all along - this is just a fan account and I'm just keeping other fans in the loop with reliable information that I get given that the majority of the time turns out to be correct. If you don't want to hear it then ignore it, block me and move on. The toxicity is tiring to see. But there's people out there that appreciate being kept in the loop, hearing exciting news re: the club and are grateful for it.

Fingers crossed for a couple of signings this week before a tough away trip to Eastleigh 🦐
If the 2 clubs are still talking perhaps use the emoji 👄 rather than a signature ✍️and stating done deal.

I think most don't mind hearing a new name that we are linked to / looking at. I think some might be annoyed with tweets like done deal, wallop etc

It feels like since Ron put the club up for sale whilst there has been a lot if information put out, some of it may be a little premature.

I don't disagree with that - I posted on here that he’s at King's Lynn today before the teamsheets were even announced at 2pm.

The clubs have agreed a deal, I stand by that - but terms can only be negotiated once that's done and the signing is not complete yet. I'm not going to say for certain, but I imagine they're not quite there yet with agreeing terms.

I was told that he had said his goodbyes at the end of the game. Crowther must have envisaged it being done this week, as did I so it was a bit of a shock to me because I thought terms would be agreed and the signing would be completed by today, with him being named in the squad. But that's football.

Posted my tweet about him saying his goodbyes and a lot of King's Lynn fans said similar at the time:

Does not mean anything to worry with the deal, my source for the above sent me this: "His last game today so I'm reliably informed".

Just understandably disappointing because we needed some reinforcements and I'd have liked to have seen one or two in, including a striker. Great to see Miley back and Morton starting though.
I agree this is the way it should be done. But I’m sure Sky Sports have announce players have agreed terms with clubs before two clubs have agreed a deal though?

Suspect with Waldron its Rushall stalling as the window opens. To meet the requirements to stay in NLN Rushall need to provide a new min 252 seat stand and updated floodlights- and Waldron is the #1 asset to help fund.. I think with him and Crowther it may be clubs rather than players stalling for better terms/ hoping for bigger offers?

I agree this is the way it should be done. But I’m sure Sky Sports have announce players have agreed terms with clubs before two clubs have agreed a deal though?
Yeah I think you’re right and what’s surprised me is they never make a big thing of it like it’s completely normal. Whereas in the past I thought clubs got reported for tapping up players if they did that. The whole point of dealing with the club first is obviously they own the player’s registration so contractually or at the very least out of respect they should be negotiated with first.

Yeah I think you’re right and what’s surprised me is they never make a big thing of it like it’s completely normal. Whereas in the past I thought clubs got reported for tapping up players if they did that. The whole point of dealing with the club first is obviously they own the player’s registration so contractually or at the very least out of respect they should be negotiated with first.

Feelers are always put out before the Club makes an “official” approach.

Why spend all the time negotiating with a Club, if the player has zero interest in signing for you.

You can speak to ex-team mates or friends of a target to find out that way. Agents, family members etc can all be contacted without making direct contact with a player. Happens on international duty in the top flight all the time. Players talk. As I’ve said numerous times, football is an incestruous business and everyone knows everyone.

You may go down all that route, then negotiate a fee, and then the player turns it down for whatever reasons, but it’s incredibly rare we’d speak to a player after agreeing a fee, and they have zero interest in joining.

Feelers are always put out before the Club makes an “official” approach.

Why spend all the time negotiating with a Club, if the player has zero interest in signing for you.

You can speak to ex-team mates or friends of a target to find out that way. Agents, family members etc can all be contacted without making direct contact with a player. Happens on international duty in the top flight all the time. Players talk. As I’ve said numerous times, football is an incestruous business and everyone knows everyone.

You may go down all that route, then negotiate a fee, and then the player turns it down for whatever reasons, but it’s incredibly rare we’d speak to a player after agreeing a fee, and they have zero interest in joining.

Brentford approached Bentley 2 years before he signed. Clubs never pursue the 'illegal approach' avenue as they would be wasting their time.

We did get 100's of posts on here claiming its the clubs fault for not sorting out his contract or he was signing for Rangers. Others turned on Bentley saying he should sign another contract with us so we get a better deal etc. Yet he was always going to Brentford as they have great business plan. Don't waste money on an academy, just farm the best from other clubs.

People on here thinking that posts by ITK alerts other clubs is laughable. Even if it was kept quite (never is) their agent would be putting it out there......Thats his job.

Last edited:
Yep take Werner to Spurs yesterday. Werner had agreed to move but clubs were just starting to negotiate loan fee.

I said he wouldn’t be coming in this week.

He is on the whiteboard, and King Kev has watched him, but I’m not even sure we’ve been in contact with him or his Club. As you say, a change of manager and he comes in to start, as does Matt Jay who @Colchester and proud! mentioned before on this thread.

Remember, just because a name is on the whiteboard doesn’t mean they’ll definitely be coming in.

Let’s enjoy the 3-0 win, and the rest of the weekend, rather than moan about not signing a striker when everyone in this league is signing players (they aren’t!).
Yep Tom was a different player yesterday, the Cowleys had faith in him, they said they had tried to sign him in the past and he was a very good player (That was said before yesterdays game) The fans always knew Matt Jay was class but he hardly got a kick previously, the Cowleys put him straight into the side and like Tom he responded extremely well. We were unlucky not to win yesterday but the signs were good and the Cowleys made a huge difference both with the players and the fans.

Yep Tom was a different player yesterday, the Cowleys had faith in him, they said they had tried to sign him in the past and he was a very good player (That was said before yesterdays game) The fans always knew Matt Jay was class but he hardly got a kick previously, the Cowleys put him straight into the side and like Tom he responded extremely well. We were unlucky not to win yesterday but the signs were good and the Cowleys made a huge difference both with the players and the fans.
Danny Cowley interviewed really well on BBC Essex after the game, if he can’t get a tune out of your team you really have problems.

I guess there just going to wait for the best deal regarding AC as expected hopefully the player put pressure on he’s current club to get the deal over the line ..

I don’t believe Tom has lost the talent he had for a second due to injuries, as some have alluded to. He brings so much to a game other than goals, which he has got in his locker. Delighted for him if he could get back to his best. Just a shame it may not be with us.

Cowleys are a real coup for you, they really are. As man managers, they are among the best in the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back