• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I think some people need to take a break from this thread can’t be good for the blood pressure.

It would be really boring if we waited until Chris Phillips posted stories. I think rumours are good and a part of the fun of football transfers.

The whole ‘ITK’ thing has really gone crazy over the past few years. At the end of the days these people are just going on the information from their sources. They won’t get everything right but at the time of posting that may have been the most accurate piece of information

Regarding Crowther, at the time it may have been all but sealed but something could have changed at the last minute. And I’m pretty sure that Kings Lynn as a club would like to use one of if not their best player if they could.

As is mentioned previously it’s not always as simple as you think with transfers. Yes there has been info out from official channels (John Still by all accounts) that we have players lined up ready to sign. But things change and clubs may not be as willing to let those players go right now. January is always a difficult time during a transfer window.

Look at Tom Hopper, it is rumoured that we were after him on loan. Colchester sack their manager. New manager comes in and first game in charge he starts Hopper and he has an excellent game. I’m pretty sure he won’t be coming here now.

Everyone just chill, let’s stop the sniping at people like @londonshrimper. and @BoyWonder2 and those that provide inside information that doesn’t always pan out the way we want.

The one upping people when a signing doesn’t come off or information provided turns out incorrect etc is a little childish.

Look at Tom Hopper, it is rumoured that we were after him on loan. Colchester sack their manager. New manager comes in and first game in charge he starts Hopper and he has an excellent game. I’m pretty sure he won’t be coming here now.

I said he wouldn’t be coming in this week.

He is on the whiteboard, and King Kev has watched him, but I’m not even sure we’ve been in contact with him or his Club. As you say, a change of manager and he comes in to start, as does Matt Jay who @Colchester and proud! mentioned before on this thread.

Remember, just because a name is on the whiteboard doesn’t mean they’ll definitely be coming in.

Let’s enjoy the 3-0 win, and the rest of the weekend, rather than moan about not signing a striker when everyone in this league is signing players (they aren’t!).

I personally think Kev needs to clean the whiteboard and just have conversations with Still, Currie and Bentley and they can then consult their notepads as to players on a list etc

The ITKs coukd be getting their information from within the management team to the cleaner

Honestly, I think some people need to take a break from this thread can’t be good for the blood pressure.

It would be really boring if we waited until Chris Phillips posted stories. I think rumours are good and a part of the fun of football transfers.

The whole ‘ITK’ thing has really gone crazy over the past few years. At the end of the days these people are just going on the information from their sources. They won’t get everything right but at the time of posting that may have been the most accurate piece of information

Regarding Crowther, at the time it may have been all but sealed but something could have changed at the last minute. And I’m pretty sure that Kings Lynn as a club would like to use one of if not their best player if they could.

As is mentioned previously it’s not always as simple as you think with transfers. Yes there has been info out from official channels (John Still by all accounts) that we have players lined up ready to sign. But things change and clubs may not be as willing to let those players go right now. January is always a difficult time during a transfer window.

Everyone just chill, let’s stop the sniping at people like @londonshrimper. and @BoyWonder2 and those that provide inside information that doesn’t always pan out the way we want.

The one upping people when a signing doesn’t come off or information provided turns out incorrect etc is a little childish.
Agree with this a lot!

I personally think Kev needs to clean the whiteboard and just have conversations with Still, Currie and Bentley and they can then consult their notepads as to players on a list etc

The ITKs coukd be getting their information from within the management team to the cleaner
Or they could borrow Stan’s ‘black book’

Disagree. A deal is done with the club. I’ve said nothing about the player or terms being agreed, plus nothing about him being in the squad for today. Nothing I’ve said in that tweet is incorrect. Sorry if I got your hopes up, but I wanted at least one signing before today.
Maybe you should rephrase these as 'I've been told' as otherwise it sounds like you know it yourself but now your telling us you heard it second hand.

Use
Didn’t the club own houses in the 60s for players and the manager (Ernie Shepherd near Belfairs Park)? Nobbler would know😀
Hi T****P, back in the very old days of the mid to late 1960's when I would often spend more time hanging around with the players than being at my home in Little Wakering the club owned lots and lots of houses most of which were in and around the Manners Way area and in particular Byrne Drive, Keith Way, Hampton Gardens, Oaken Grange Drive and Rochford Road close to the Bell Public House (Phil Chisnall lived there when he first signed). It was also common knowledge that there were also quite a lot iof houses in the Eastwood area with the likes of the late Trevor Roberts, Graham Birks and Billy Best living in Hudson Crescent, I also know Billy lived in Gravel Road before he returned to Northampton. I believe there was some houses in the Nobles Green Road area which included Dandies Drive. It has also been mentioned on here before that the late Gary Moore lived in Little Hays off the Arterial Road at the junction with Progress Road. I can't answer your comment with regard to the late Ernie Shepherd although I did actually go there when Ernie sadly passed away in 2001. I am also aware that there were some off Ambleside Drive near Lifstan Way. Over later years some players also lived in Great Wakering but I cannot be sure if they were actually club houses or privately owned or rented but it's fair to say that whoever was in charge at Roots Hall back at that particular time would have made a tidy sum of money for themselves when the houses were sold if it was not for the club itself. Cheers Nobbler.xx

I think if we can get Waldron and Crowther over the line in the next few weeks and extend Sandat for a few more months then I can’t see why we couldn’t have a decent run of results

If it’s not these two then I’m sure the management team will have some extra names to speak too

I’d rather wait and get the right players through the door than rush and regret, I’m impressed by Morton but I feel we have enough tidy players - maybe a more aggressive type midfielder and defender wouldn’t do no harm

I said he wouldn’t be coming in this week.

He is on the whiteboard, and King Kev has watched him, but I’m not even sure we’ve been in contact with him or his Club. As you say, a change of manager and he comes in to start, as does Matt Jay who @Colchester and proud! mentioned before on this thread.

Remember, just because a name is on the whiteboard doesn’t mean they’ll definitely be coming in.

Let’s enjoy the 3-0 win, and the rest of the weekend, rather than moan about not signing a striker when everyone in this league is signing players (they aren’t!).
Sounds like the Cowleys have been on Shrimperzone to find out who they should be playing. Damn it ITKers, please stop helping other teams…😉

So I put out a tweet on 26 November:

The embargo was lifted a month or so later and the defender we look to sign is Adam Crowther.

I tweet that Crowther said his goodbyes at the end of the game last week, this was followed up by other King's Lynn fans saying similar. Besides, I was at the Chelmsford vs Braintree game as I put out on my Twitter.

I then tweet to say I've heard it's a done deal:

It's not announced before today's game, even though I gave no indication he would be playing today and a lot of stick has flown my way on a thread which is actually titled 'Rumours' but there we have it.

I knew he was at King's Lynn today and put that out here before it was confirmed anywhere in the public domain, including the team-sheets being released at 2pm with Crowther in the starting 11. I did not shy away from that.

Just because he hasn't signed yet, doesn't mean he's not going to sign. King's Lynn are in financial trouble and are in a relegation battle whilst on a dire run. Of course they're going to play their best player against a team also fighting to stay up if he's still contracted to them.

That said, I've just been shown a part of an article released tonight by the Lynn Newspaper (https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/li...unger-of-midfielder-after-quakers-lo-9347521/):

Lynn's boss also touched on the wide speculation linking defender Adam Crowther with a potential move to a National League club.

"He's our player who's contracted to us and the club that wants him has kind of moved the goalposts a little bit from a deal that was agreed.

Like any player, there's many players I want but I can't get them unless we give the club they're contracted to what they want, and that's where we are.

"If they honour what was agreed initially with the chairman then that will probably happen whilst we don't want to be losing, best players at this stage of the season but when players are out of contracts and their heads maybe elsewhere, we've got to do the right thing for for the club in the long term.

"The ball is well and truly in the club in question's court.
"
Quite a few people are keen to jump down the back of people's throats on here. I guess there's no one to direct such snipes and inappropriate comments to now that we've got the Rat out our club.

A clickbait article posted by a journalist that is displeased that I'm revealing news has blown everything out of proportion the past few days. I've made my comments clear on that already. The club's gripe is with whoever leaks information to others, not people talking online - that's part and parcel of football, but they'd rather it did not get out.

The above excerpt puts into perspective the reliability of what I put out during the week, so people calling for apologies and owning up to getting things wrong should take a step back and be patient. Looks like what I said had substance and truth.

You wouldn't think looking on this thread that we've just won 3-0 against a team that started the day in the playoffs and with the best defensive record in the league.

Like I've said all along - this is just a fan account and I'm just keeping other fans in the loop with reliable information that I get given that the majority of the time turns out to be correct. If you don't want to hear it then ignore it, block me and move on. The toxicity is tiring to see. But there's people out there that appreciate being kept in the loop, hearing exciting news re: the club and are grateful for it.

Fingers crossed for a couple of signings this week before a tough away trip to Eastleigh 🦐

Last edited:
So I put out a tweet on 26 November:

The embargo was lifted a month or so later and the defender we look to sign is Adam Crowther.

I tweet that Crowther said his goodbyes at the end of the game last week, this was followed up by other King's Lynn fans saying similar. Besides, I was at the Chelmsford vs Braintree game as I put out on my Twitter.

I then tweet to say I've heard it's a done deal:

It's not announced before today's game, even though I gave no indication he would be playing today and a lot of stick has flown my way on a thread which is actually titled 'Rumours' but there we have it.

I knew he was at King's Lynn today and put that out here before it was confirmed anywhere in the public domain, including the team-sheets being released at 2pm with Crowther in the starting 11. I did not shy away from that.

Just because he hasn't signed yet, doesn't mean he's not going to sign. King's Lynn are in financial trouble and are in a relegation battle whilst on a dire run. Of course they're going to play their best player against a team also fighting to stay up if he's still contracted to them.

That said, I've just been shown a part of an article released tonight by the Lynn Newspaper (https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/li...unger-of-midfielder-after-quakers-lo-9347521/):

Lynn's boss also touched on the wide speculation linking defender Adam Crowther with a potential move to a National League club.

"He's our player who's contracted to us and the club that wants him has kind of moved the goalposts a little bit from a deal that was agreed.

Like any player, there's many players I want but I can't get them unless we give the club they're contracted to what they want, and that's where we are.

"If they honour what was agreed initially with the chairman then that will probably happen whilst we don't want to be losing, best players at this stage of the season but when players are out of contracts and their heads maybe elsewhere, we've got to do the right thing for for the club in the long term.

"The ball is well and truly in the club in question's court.
"
Quite a few people are keen to jump down the back of people's throats on here. I guess there's no one to direct such snipes and inappropriate comments to now that we've got the Rat out our club.

A clickbait article posted by a journalist that is displeased that I'm revealing news has blown everything out of proportion the past few days. I've made my comments clear on that already. The club's gripe is with whoever leaks information to others, not people talking online - that's part and parcel of football, but they'd rather it did not get out.

The above excerpt puts into perspective the reliability of what I put out during the week, so people calling for apologies and owning up to getting things wrong should take a step back and be patient. Looks like what I said had substance and truth.

You wouldn't think looking on this thread that we've just won 3-0 against a team that started the day in the playoffs and with the best defensive record in the league.

Like I've said all along - this is just a fan account and I'm just keeping other fans in the loop with reliable information that I get given that the majority of the time turns out to be correct. If you don't want to hear it then ignore it, block me and move on. The toxicity is tiring to see. But there's people out there that appreciate being kept in the loop, hearing exciting news re: the club and are grateful for it.

Fingers crossed for a couple of signings this week before a tough away trip to Eastleigh next week 🦐
So you’re going to keep on leaking information even though Maher doesn’t want you to?

I have no problem with your tweets, and clearly they’re accurate. Obviously situations change, so that doesn’t mean you’re lying as some suggest when something doesn’t happen.

But now Maher has said he doesn’t like the information being leaked, why do you still want to do it?

Bit of a shocker here, maybe this is why KM is ****ed, the supposed leaks aren’t even accurate.

I’m not on the anti ITK train at all but this one is quite awkward. Players don’t play for their existing club if it’s a done deal.
Unless we have sleepwalked straight into another financial mismanagement penalty from the national league .. but somethings up ‘out of our hands’ was an expression Maher used a lot under the embargo .. he’s used it again today

The 'moving the goalposts' thing seems to be the view of Stephen Cleeve, the King's Lynn owner. Based on track record, I wouldn't necessarily rush to believe his word over Kevin Maher (who said it is 'out of our hands'). Remember, King's Lynn are in real financial peril themselves at the moment. That backdrop doesn't necessarily mean they will have a fire sale of any decent players - they could just as easily see their few saleable players as assets to extract the maximum money from. I wouldn't trust Cleeve as far as I could throw him. I think if any goalposts have moved, its likely to be at the Lynn end - not us.

Weston-super-Mare's manager could not have been more effusive in his praise for how Southend dealt with the Morton transfer so us moving the goalposts has a certain bovine backside whiff about it.

I also don't personally think this has anything to do with the league, but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back