• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go mods, I have decided to help you out.

HEALTH WARNING

Readers are advised that rumours often appear on this thread. While rumours are not as serious as tumours rumours can still pose a serious health hazard.

They may cause raised expectations which might lead to increased pulse rates, as well as anxiety and shortness of breath. There is also a danger of developing RSI (repetitive stress injury) as readers may be on their computer hitting their F5 key for hours on end.

This is a dangerous condition especially for Southend supporters as they have not had any transfers to contemplate or discuss for the past eighteen months. As a result they may be less resisetant to this condition than supporters of other clubs.

The condition may also trigger secvere psychiactric problems.

If you are triggered by false rumours it is best for your health that you leave this thread immediately and switch the computer off. Avoid caffine and other stimulants and try to rest for a short while in a darkened room.

Once your breathing returns to normal you may resume normal activities but you will need to avoid Shrimper Zone for at least 48 hours.

It is also advised that you follow SUFC on social media as they put out factual information which is less dangerous than rumours. Some reserach suggests that following the club's social media accounts is very relaxing and may be beneficial from those suffering from insomnia.

If the condition continues even after following the above advice you should consult a health professional at the earliest opportunity.

Come on :ROFL: "done deal" "excellent signing" how is anyone supposed to think for one second you meant just the deal between the clubs. Not knocking you for sharing what you hear but when you get it wrong just own it :Smile:
Precisely. Saying "i hold my hands up" gets a little tiresome when multiple posted rumours fall through.

A little restriant from some ITK posters wouldnt go amiss. Suggestive language and emojis don't help when deals are far from done.

No, sorry LS, I've 'liked' a lot of your posts, it's great to have an idea of players we are seriously looking at, but you can't keep getting away with the language you use and then pass it off as 'nothing I've said in that tweet is wrong'.

You do get hopes up with the tone you take in a lot of your posts and you have to be clearer when talking about a player signing or hasn't signed yet for the club.

As has already been posted, everyone's desperate for new players to come into the club and all this does is allow certain posters to have a go at ITK's who have helped a lot in keeping hopes up over the last tough period in the club's history, and what we hope is an exciting future.
This^

Please can everyone calm down. This is an online social media forum, for supporters of a football team to discuss matters relating to that team. Its bound to include speculation, gossip, hopes and fears. Sometimes things will be wide of the mark, sometimes not. To the best of my knowledge the main person with a gripe is a local journalist, not anyone connected to the football club.

Some good points have been made including the need for care with phrasing, consideration for implications of putting info in the public domain and the need to quote sources if you've nabbed your news from somewhere else online.

However, I don't really get the 'lets not have speculation, just wait for the OS' posts. There's nothing wrong with that of course, but clearly this website and others like it are for those who want to discuss things between matches and OS articles. To expect that to not happen is like saying there should be no TV shows on BBC1.

Let's chill out and let those who wish to discuss things, appropriately and considerately, do so.

Geezer posts rumours on a rumours forum and gets stick when rumours are just rumours. Maybe just enjoy the rumours for what they are and don’t hang your hat on them coming true.
Sorry, but he didn’t. He posted on Twitter and framed it as Done deal. It then got shared on here.

In contrast the majority of ITK’s on here are careful to caveat what they say. I think all have unfairly been tarred with the same brush by some unfortunately.

Please can everyone calm down. This is an online social media forum, for supporters of a football team to discuss matters relating to that team. Its bound to include speculation, gossip, hopes and fears. Sometimes things will be wide of the mark, sometimes not. To the best of my knowledge the main person with a gripe is a local journalist, not anyone connected to the football club.

Some good points have been made including the need for care with phrasing, consideration for implications of putting info in the public domain and the need to quote sources if you've nabbed your news from somewhere else online.

However, I don't really get the 'lets not have speculation, just wait for the OS' posts. There's nothing wrong with that of course, but clearly this website and others like it are for those who want to discuss things between matches and OS articles. To expect that to not happen is like saying there should be no TV shows on BBC1.

Let's chill out and let those who wish to discuss things, appropriately and considerately, do so.
Agree with this, and I do think the ‘care with phrasing‘ part is key.

Sorry, but he didn’t. He posted on Twitter and framed it as Done deal. It then got shared on here.

In contrast the majority of ITK’s on here are careful to caveat what they say. I think all have unfairly been tarred with the same brush by some unfortunately.
No he didn't. He said he'd HEARD it was a done deal. It's not LS' fault that his source was incorrect but hey, there's nothing SZ likes more than a pile-on.

Sorry to break it to you but unless it comes from the club then it’s a rumour.
Yeah I do get that! Maybe I’m just being grumpy, but it’s hard not to get excited when someone says they’ve heard it’s a ‘done deal’. I still think wording’s important, it’d be less of a let down if we’re told someone’s ‘close to signing’, rather than ‘done deal’ for example. I should know better though that no deals done until announced by the club though!

I can see why kevs a bit miffed, but i just cannot see how any speculation on here or twitter is gonna suddenly make other clubs suddenly aware of a player they somehow havent heard of and make them want to buy them.

Every team from prem to non league has details on every player home and abroad, plus the best players in each league are common knowledge to anyone that follows the league.

Although im bloody exhausted with all the zillions of ITK takeover rumours these last months, speculation about signings is part of the fun always has been always will be. Will be a shame if it ceases.

Last edited:
No he didn't. He said he'd HEARD it was a done deal. It's not LS' fault that his source was incorrect but hey, there's nothing SZ likes more than a pile-on.
That’s totally fine if that’s the case, but @londonshrimper. has now clarified that he heard it was just fees agreed between clubs and we should never have assumed that a done deal and an excellent signing meant that he was definitely coming to southend and it was all sorted.

Totally fine to either be incorrect or imperfect in wording, this isn’t a witch hunt, but @londonshrimper. arguing everything is proceeding just as he said it would feels a bit disingenuous when our done deal lines up for his current team.

As I say, I’m confident the deal will probably go through in the end and it’ll turn out @londonshrimper. did have very good source(s) on what’s going on (which I’m grateful for), but the fact remains he’s not an excellent signing that’s really a done deal until pen has met paper.

It’s a misstep but nothing major, just something to learn from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back