• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waldron starting for Rushall as well I see. Clearly not as close as we had hoped.

Fingers crossed next week is the week for us to bring a couple in.

Reactions: TJC
Bit of a shocker here, maybe this is why KM is ****ed, the supposed leaks aren’t even accurate.

I’m not on the anti ITK train at all but this one is quite awkward. Players don’t play for their existing club if it’s a done deal.
Never against itks, but I think some of these people need to choose their words more carefully. Even if he signs now to call it a done deal is a shocker. Misleads so many.

He's in their 11 today. Not sure what happened to this being a 'done deal'?

I don't disagree with that - I posted on here that he’s at King's Lynn today before the teamsheets were even announced at 2pm.

The clubs have agreed a deal, I stand by that - but terms can only be negotiated once that's done and the signing is not complete yet. I'm not going to say for certain, but I imagine they're not quite there yet with agreeing terms.

I was told that he had said his goodbyes at the end of the game. Crowther must have envisaged it being done this week, as did I so it was a bit of a shock to me because I thought terms would be agreed and the signing would be completed by today, with him being named in the squad. But that's football.

Posted my tweet about him saying his goodbyes and a lot of King's Lynn fans said similar at the time:

Does not mean anything to worry with the deal, my source for the above sent me this: "His last game today so I'm reliably informed".

Just understandably disappointing because we needed some reinforcements and I'd have liked to have seen one or two in, including a striker. Great to see Miley back and Morton starting though.

Last edited:
With this Crowther bloke I’m just wondering if the price is right and whether he will come on down?
Oh well, means we will have a chance to get variations of these jokes next week and maybe over successive weeks. Never tire of them even though we’ve had several lately.

I don't disagree with that - I posted on here that's at King's Lynn today before the teamsheets were even announced at 2pm.

The clubs have agreed a deal, I stand by that - but terms can only be negotiated once that's done and the signing is not complete yet. I'm not going to say for certain, but I imagine they're not quite there yet with agreeing terms.

I was told that he had said his goodbyes at the end of the game. Crowther must have envisaged it being done this week, as did I so it was a bit of a shock to me because I thought terms would be agreed and the signing would be completed by today, with him being named in the squad. But that's football.

Posted my tweet about him saying his goodbyes and a lot of King's Lynn fans said similar at the time:

Does not mean anything to worry with the deal, my source for the above sent me this: "His last game today so I'm reliably informed".

Just understandably disappointing because we needed some reinforcements and I'd have liked to have seen one or two in, including a striker. Great to see Miley back and Morton starting though.
I think many of us appreciate your insights @londonshrimper. (I know I do), but I think the main lesson learnt here is either to be more accurate when putting out concrete statements or be more careful if you’re told something with certainty yourself, as if so your source doesn’t know quite as much as they think.

If you’d have said what you said in the quote above originally, that a deal has been agreed in principle and we’re hopeful of concluding this week it would still have been a shame not to see it happen, but you wouldn’t be left with egg on your face.

I’m 90% confident you’ll be proven right in regards to him signing, but your statement about it being a done deal was factually incorrect in this instance.

Not trying to cause aggro here but probably a lesson for a tweak or two moving forwards. Hopefully there’s more positive transfer news coming through soon.

Disagree. A deal is done with the club. I’ve said nothing about the player or terms being agreed, plus nothing about him being in the squad for today. Nothing I’ve said in that tweet is incorrect. Sorry if I got your hopes up, but I wanted at least one signing before today.
Appreciate the update 👍

Waldron starts for Rushall Olympic again today at Chester.
This one seems a complicated deal , let’s say the player is up for signing and wants to sign but the selling club recognises we have new owners and are desperate for players then they MAY want additional add ons that doesn’t usually happen with non league signings at their level at least .

I hope this can get resolved but I don’t blame our club for playing hard ball

Disagree. A deal is done with the club. I’ve said nothing about the player or terms being agreed, plus nothing about him being in the squad for today. Nothing I’ve said in that tweet is incorrect. Sorry if I got your hopes up, but I wanted at least one signing before today.
I see where you’re coming from, maybe it’s just me but when I read “done deal” I read “he has signed”, not “the club have agreed terms and are now attempting to negotiate with the player”.

Might be I need to update my interpretation of that statement, or maybe being a bit more specific might help. Not trying to be critical just saying how this has come across has clearly not been how you intended it.

No, sorry LS, I've 'liked' a lot of your posts, it's great to have an idea of players we are seriously looking at, but you can't keep getting away with the language you use and then pass it off as 'nothing I've said in that tweet is wrong'.

You do get hopes up with the tone you take in a lot of your posts and you have to be clearer when talking about a player signing or hasn't signed yet for the club.

As has already been posted, everyone's desperate for new players to come into the club and all this does is allow certain posters to have a go at ITK's who have helped a lot in keeping hopes up over the last tough period in the club's history, and what we hope is an exciting future.

Come on :ROFL: "done deal" "excellent signing" how is anyone supposed to think for one second you meant just the deal between the clubs. Not knocking you for sharing what you hear but when you get it wrong just own it :Smile:

This one seems a complicated deal , let’s say the player is up for signing and wants to sign but the selling club recognises we have new owners and are desperate for players then they MAY want additional add ons that doesn’t usually happen with non league signings at their level at least .

I hope this can get resolved but I don’t blame our club for playing hard ball
I think you’re right on this one DB. I spoke to two ITKs about Waldron and we had all heard that he was signing and would be announced before Barnet (away game). I believe all of us have different sources, so it seems reasonable that the club thought it was done and something has happened since that has delayed the process. I still think he will be a Blues player soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back