• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future Things to be done soon once COSU own the club

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Appoint a Fans Liason Officer.

I network with a lot of other clubs re SUEPA stuff and I always look to see if a club has one as it can often make things so much easier re getting something sorted or even just passing on to the right person elsewhere.

Just one small example. I contacted Shrewsbury to see if they would be interested in following up our story on the oldest living Shrimper Eric Marsden as Eric also played for them. The Shrews Liason Officer enthusiastically grabbed it and will contact Eric, make some good club PR out of it, and no doubt make Eric feel just that little bit more special. I also contacted Crystal Palace, but being unable to find anyone appropriate, my enquiry to them has seemingly just dropped in to a black hole and so an opportunity lost

Yes, it's another addition to the payroll, but if properly spec'd out, the role would pay for itself.

All too often at clubs fan liason gets lumped on to other folk who don't really have the time, or expertise, to deal.

April would have been great in such a role.

Surely that scoreboard is pulled down rather than repaired! It’s beyond saving.
Pretty sure that part of COSUs strategy will be not to waste money on replacement when repair will achieve the desired result - though fully accept that much of RH is probably beyond repair :0(

Sustainability has to be the key driver going forward.

However totally share your thoughts regarding positivity and getting back down there!!

Why? All it needs to do is say the score and arguably the match time.

Eventually they could upgrade but it's not a necessity right now.
Bit like saying 'theres only a bit of bird **** on the seats so its not a necessity..

A new scoreboard can feature sponsors information bringing in revenue, and advertise forthcoming events etc.

Fixing things like the broken scoreboard, and the broken welcome to roots hall lettering at the front is the start in taking roots hall from a run down ****hole to a place you'd want to come and spend money.

Im very happy its getting fixed as it says to me the consortium have fixing up the hall as a priority to make it a better experience and bring more money in, and they are clearly still excited about doing this. The mid to long term goal is self sustainability, some money clearly needs to be spent to make the place more attractive for fans sponsors events etc, speculate to accumulate etc.

Bit like saying 'theres only a bit of bird **** on the seats so its not a necessity..

A new scoreboard can feature sponsors information bringing in revenue, and advertise forthcoming events etc.

Fixing things like the broken scoreboard, and the broken welcome to roots hall lettering at the front is the start in taking roots hall from a run down ****hole to a place you'd want to come and spend money.

Im very happy its getting fixed as it says to me the consortium have fixing up the hall as a priority to make it a better experience and bring more money in, and they are clearly still excited about doing this. The mid to long term goal is self sustainability, some money clearly needs to be spent to make the place more attractive for fans sponsors events etc, speculate to accumulate etc.

I think you are missing the point that it will make the club money with adverts

I did miss the point with advertising to be fair.

I suppose it depends on how much they want to outlay initially and whether a quick fix now would be cheap enough to do now and replace with something better later or whether it would be better to just get the better one now.

Thank you both for pointing that out to me though.

Wasn't it last season that people were saying a new screen was purchased and ready to be installed.

What happened to that?

Wasn’t there talk a few months ago that we’d already bought a new scoreboard and they were waiting to put it up?
You are correct as that is what i also heard Not too sure why it was not installed last season but i do miss it

Reactions: JCB
I did miss the point with advertising to be fair.

I suppose it depends on how much they want to outlay initially and whether a quick fix now would be cheap enough to do now and replace with something better later or whether it would be better to just get the better one now.

Thank you both for pointing that out to me though.
Im sure despite all the **** thats happened and the millions they've blown already they will be excited to get playing with their new toy 😁

Back