• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future Things to be done soon once COSU own the club

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
In terms of supporters being relocated...North Bank etc I can't see anyass changes until the east gets demolished, then the north will be back in our hands as construction is completed

Something I think needs to be done is there should be some form of system set up where season ticket holders who are unable to attend certain matches can “donate” their seat to someone out there who might not be able to afford to attend matches in this current climate. No one should have to make the choice of not watching their side because they can’t afford it.

Football should be accessible to everyone. Who knows, the time you can’t attend a match could be the first time for someone else and starts a love affair with this Club.

My shift pattern at work means I do work over weekends and nights too, so there are certainly games I won’t be able to attend throughout the season, York at home being the first one, so I’d happily “donate” my season ticket for that game to someone who can’t afford to go.

Something I think needs to be done is there should be some form of system set up where season ticket holders who are unable to attend certain matches can “donate” their seat to someone out there who might not be able to afford to attend matches in this current climate. No one should have to make the choice of not watching their side because they can’t afford it.

Football should be accessible to everyone. Who knows, the time you can’t attend a match could be the first time for someone else and starts a love affair with this Club.

My shift pattern at work means I do work over weekends and nights too, so there are certainly games I won’t be able to attend throughout the season, York at home being the first one, so I’d happily “donate” my season ticket for that game to someone who can’t afford to go.
Great idea 👍

Yep. I'd much prefer to donate rather than sell on & get my money back. Mine is also a crusty ticket so could benefit someone really really olde, say the same age as @Cricko. 😇😇

I’m a little less charitable. I’d rather the club could be notified to resell my ticket at full face value on occasions I can’t make it. Would help add to the coffers.

Separate to that, I’d quite like to see a contactless point that takes £1 or £2 or £5 which people could tap on to give a little extra. Those funds get strictly ring fenced for player purchases only. Over a season all those £1 would add up and we the fans would specifically purchase a player.

I know we all pay through our tickets, but this would be a little additional choice people could make.

I’m a little less charitable. I’d rather the club could be notified to resell my ticket at full face value on occasions I can’t make it. Would help add to the coffers.

Separate to that, I’d quite like to see a contactless point that takes £1 or £2 or £5 which people could tap on to give a little extra. Those funds get strictly ring fenced for player purchases only. Over a season all those £1 would add up and we the fans would specifically purchase a player.

I know we all pay through our tickets, but this would be a little additional choice people could make.
Great idea of few quid extra for sure I happily take part in something like that for sure

Could quite easily implement a round up system so if a pint was let’s say £5.80 you have the option to round up to the nearest pound. Lots of places do this sort of thing already.

Bring back Bungle and son or grandson of bobble hat programme and lottery seller.

Renew Scoreboard - In Progress
Justin as Chairman - DONE
Season Tickets on sale - DONE
Sell Shedloads - In Progress
Sponsors back on board - In Progress
Create relationships with local businesses - In Progress
Re-lay Pitch - DONE
Onions in Burgers - ???????
Player contracts renewed - DONE
Management team contracts renewed - DONE
Sign some players - In Progress
Create Feeling of goodwill around club - DONE
Maintain it - In Progress
Install - "Aint no Stoppin' us now" when team runs out on match days - TBC

It looks so much better than a year ago.

Please add.................
North West corner and if theres any part of the north bank not in use. Make it all usable!

Any idea when the whole the North Bank will be back in action. At least half could go to home support when we cant sell it to away fans

I've heard from one of the consortium that the plan is to put the away fans in the in the Y block, north/west corner, with home fans going into the North.

How true that is I'm not sure.

I've heard from one of the consortium that the plan is to put the away fans in the in the Y block, north/west corner, with home fans going into the North.

How true that is I'm not sure.
Best place for them. I'm not big fan of giving stand behind the goal to away fans. I quite like what brentford do where they have the away fans allocated in the corner.

Back