• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Things that are a cast-iron guarantee that someone is a complete plum

People that say derailleur rather than just say gears :smile:

I have never heard that. You must mix in some plum circles.

Which reminds me - oy! Gregg Wallace....it's fondant not fon-DONT. Plum.

the derailleur is one component of the gear system. (front derailler, rear derailler, chain rings , cassette, shifters, cables, chain) Its not being a plum its being specific . :tease:

Plum= people commenting on things they dont understand :winking: (sorry could not resist- bound to come back and haunt me )

I have never heard that. You must mix in some plum circles.

Which reminds me - oy! Gregg Wallace....it's fondant not fon-DONT. Plum.

I was having a wry dig at the expense of Mad Cyril. He used the word deraullier on the What is hacking you off thread when talking about the gears on his bike

Interesting. ps Diaper, faucet and fall were originally English terms before being used in the US/

Yes, aware that they were carted across with the Plymouth Rock settlers and some of the words and spellings we use today are more akin to French (trousers/pants or color/colour). There's been 400 years of history since!

Yes, aware that they were carted across with the Plymouth Rock settlers and some of the words and spellings we use today are more akin to French (trousers/pants or color/colour). There's been 400 years of history since!

haha ok, well, Americanisms have been common usage in British English for decades. So you're a bit like Canute.

Cyclists on the road that have no high viz or lights and are cycling when it's dark.

Agree 100%, and the cyclists who go through red traffic lights like it doesn't apply to them and/or alternate between riding on the path then back into the road 5 seconds later, dangerous barstewards.

A good case for having id plates on bikes and a points system to suspend them for continued bad riding

alternate between riding on the path then back into the road 5 seconds later, dangerous barstewards.

I do this, but mainly when I know there's a growing queue of traffic behind me so I jump on the pavement (if clear) and let them past before going back on the road.

I like to think I'm doing the sensible thing there rather than being a pig headed cyclist with some sort of god given right to be on the road.

***** on racing bikes wearing alluring lycra skin tights that make them look fatter than they already are that think its clever to ride 3 or 4 abreast with a stream of traffic behind them, and laugh about it as they travel.

***** on racing bikes wearing alluring lycra skin tights that make them look fatter than they already are that think its clever to ride 3 or 4 abreast with a stream of traffic behind them, and laugh about it as they travel.

Just a thought, but isnt it easier to overtake one cyclist length than 4 ? You will be on the opposite side of the road for far less time.

Had exactly that on my back to Eastwood from Hockley on Tuesday. 20+ middles aged, overweight men in Lycra riding 2 and 3 abreast along the Rayleigh Road causing pandemonium in both directions. A'holes each and every one of them :winking:

Back