• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Things that are a cast-iron guarantee that someone is a complete plum

Out of interest why are they a -holes they've as much right to be on the road as you? Would you feel the same if it was someone riding a horse or a pony and trap?

Out of interest why are they a -holes they've as much right to be on the road as you? Would you feel the same if it was someone riding a horse or a pony and trap?

Pony and trap definitely. Have you seen how the gypsy community close off the A127 to have races along it?

As for cyclists, I have no problem as long as they are single file. Once they go 3 or 4 abreast, they are showing no road sense whatsoever and should pack it in

Cyclists are allowed to cycle two abreast! Rule 66 states you should never cycle more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads. This means cycles are perfectly legal to cycle side by side on most roads in the UK.

That's the official law on the matter.

Cycling two abreast is much safer as it forces motorists to actually go round you, when you cycle in single file nobody gives you any room and are more likely to wipe you out.

Pony and trap definitely. Have you seen how the gypsy community close off the A127 to have races along it?

We had one in our road the other day, was trying to teach it to reverse. Horse didn't like it at all and was shying and generally looking a bit unsafe. As we had our car parked on the road out there, I was keeping a very watchful eye!

Cycling two abreast is much safer as it forces motorists to actually go round you, when you cycle in single file nobody gives you any room and are more likely to wipe you out.
It annoys me that there are more and more cyclists riding 3-4 abreast and yet the government does nothing to stop this. Get a few badgers or foxes by a farm and the government are happy to cull them. I tell you it's one rule for one and another rule for others.

I don't have an issue with cyclists acting responsibly, the same applies to motorists. If cyclists are riding two abreast and the road isn't busy, then it's easier to go round only cycle length than two. It's when cyclists ride in groups of four or more on a busy road and think it's funny, its not! What happens then is that some Spin jockey motorist will pop out of the following car queue and go for it at a stupid speed. I've seen it happen often.

I do most of my cycling on my own, this morning I lost count of the number of cars wich passed me whilst trying hard not to cross the white line .
They wouldnt overtake a car that closely, so why a cyclist ?
As for the nobber who told me to get on the cycle path, I suggest he actually checks he knows what he is talking about before he opens his mouth next time. The Sea front cycle path, due to its width ans construction carries a recommended maximum speed of 18.5 kmh, given I was doing 17mph at the time I should have been on the path about as much as him.

I do most of my cycling on my own, this morning I lost count of the number of cars wich passed me whilst trying hard not to cross the white line .
They wouldnt overtake a car that closely, so why a cyclist ?
As for the nobber who told me to get on the cycle path, I suggest he actually checks he knows what he is talking about before he opens his mouth next time. The Sea front cycle path, due to its width ans construction carries a recommended maximum speed of 18.5 kmh, given I was doing 17mph at the time I should have been on the path about as much as him.

And you know absolutely that he won't unfortunately. There are rubbish motorists and there are cyclists who are a danger when on the road. Both groups appear to be getting bigger. I cycle and I drive and I have experienced both, all you can do is be as careful as possible. More so as a cyclist as you don't have a steel chassis around you when cycling, a fact that totally alludes some riders. And some large groups of cyclists are a complete menace.

And some large groups of cyclists are a complete menace.

Do they beat up old ladies and make high streets no go areas?!!! They're just a group of guys going for a bike ride. They have just as much right to be on the road as any other road user. They may hold you up for a few seconds its really not that bad.

Do they beat up old ladies and make high streets no go areas?!!! They're just a group of guys going for a bike ride. They have just as much right to be on the road as any other road user. They may hold you up for a few seconds its really not that bad.

I doubt we are going to find any common ground on this. If I understand what you're saying you think it's ok to ride as a group as wide as you like, and think it's funny that cars are building up behind? Not all groups of cyclists do this, but the ones I posted on did, but as it's now going off topic I'll leave it be.

Especially when the garages have run out of fuel, public transport is on strike and pedal power is the next best option to get past the street rioting.:whistling:

Thankfully were i live the stations have fuel and there is next to no public transport anyway and no rots apart from the ones in my pants but cyclist are given the respect thet deserver from drivers and here its young middle aged and old poeple riding the bikes.

I doubt we are going to find any common ground on this. If I understand what you're saying you think it's ok to ride as a group as wide as you like, and think it's funny that cars are building up behind? Not all groups of cyclists do this, but the ones I posted on did, but as it's now going off topic I'll leave it be.

Im only messing about and don't mean any offence! My point is that cyclist have as much right to ride on the road as car drivers. They pay the same council tax for the upkeep. You could argue that motorists hold cyclists in rush hours as its really annoying getting past cars stuck in traffic jams. Why a portion of car drivers seem to think that they have more right to use the road is beyond me.

Im only messing about and don't mean any offence! My point is that cyclist have as much right to ride on the road as car drivers. They pay the same council tax for the upkeep. You could argue that motorists hold cyclists in rush hours as its really annoying getting past cars stuck in traffic jams. Why a portion of car drivers seem to think that they have more right to use the road is beyond me.

And no offence taken mate, everyone using the roads has a right to be treated with respect. Lots of stuff happens in rush-hour and cyclists are probably more at risk then than when the roads are quite. I agree that some drivers are completely lacking in any road sense where cyclists are concerned and overall a lot of cyclists get a bum deal when riding the roads. All that said the bunch I was talking about were wind-up merchants for the sake of it which is much more likely to make motorists get irate if it goes on for a while. My incident went on for a while.

Thankfully were i live the stations have fuel and there is next to no public transport anyway and no rots apart from the ones in my pants but cyclist are given the respect thet deserver from drivers and here its young middle aged and old poeple riding the bikes.

That's nothing to be proud of, you need to see a doctor:winking:

Cyclists that ride 2 or 3 abreast so they can chat with their mates as they go thus forcing other road users into the opposite lane.
Use the road by all means but don't be a dangerous obstruction to everyone else.:angry:

Back