• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aston Villa didn't score their winner at 15:45, which is what Stan's message is timed at.

The match kicked off at 3pm and their winner would have gone in around 4:40pm. @Holy Joe 's phone shows that Stan isn't in a different time zone either, as his screenshot is timestamped at 17:14 and clearly shows the last reply to Stan on screen was an hour earlier than the time on Holy Joe's phone - i.e. no later than 16:14 UK time....

Whatever Stan was referring to, it wasn't Aston Villa's winning goal... Also, Stan's goal celebrations are quite consistent. They are never like this.
It kicked off at 2pm which makes 3:45pm about right.

Getting back to the state of our club I have the feeling that Kevin may well have been given the freedom of the city .But if things don't change soon the council can stick there freedom of the city If Kevin and the other two could well walk away .And who could blame them.

They say its difficult to get players in but other non league sides are not having a problem. Its neatlrly daily that at least one club has got someone in
You do realise our situation right? It’s a lot easier to get players into a club that isn’t under and embargo, history of paying players on time and not owned by Ron and not going through a takeover. Think these are key factors in players not wanting to commit to us at the moment

You do realise our situation right? It’s a lot easier to get players into a club that isn’t under and embargo, history of paying players on time and not owned by Ron and not going through a takeover. Think these are key factors in players not wanting to commit to us at the moment
Think while we are on life support. No sane half decent player would touch us.
But things could change very quickly if the takeover is done and the 🐀exits the club.

They say its difficult to get players in but other non league sides are not having a problem. Its neatlrly daily that at least one club has got someone in
We can only sign players on loan or non contract terms - and terms that are no better than the player they are replacing. That's quite a restriction, really reduces the pool of players to fish from

Just a little more on my "input" on the match thread yesterday.

Now the Cricketer's has gone and having tired (literally) of long treks to an alternative boozer a friend and I went in the Blue Boar for the first time in about 40-odd years. I am impressed that it has now become a real "home pub" but it was a bit too packed for an old boy like me now.

Anyway, I spotted Justin Rees in there and pointed this out to my friend who is genetically far more personable than me so, just as we were going, he said "hello" to him. I thought that that would be the sum total of our "chat" but JR was very enthusiastic to talk to us and seemed very open.

One of the main points that came out in a very short chat was that the consortium have now put in too much money for the deal to fail.

When I asked him if, as I only live round the corner from RM, he wanted me to stick something nasty through his letter box, he said that they were now waiting on the council rather than RM. I did not feel it was my place to ask what the problem was, though.

He spoke about SUFC being more than just 11 blokes kicking a ball and how he wanted it to become a real community asset.

And as we (my friend and I) had been reminiscing about the "Liverpool FA Cup game" we mentioned this to JR and he had never heard about it. When I mentioned the 31,000 attendance he was amazed and said that that couldn't have been legal. I told him that the South Bank was massive in those days and, of course, the ground was mostly all standing.

He then said something that I have not heard mentioned elsewhere. He said he was very keen on investigating the possibility of "safe standing" areas as he himself preferred standing at football matches. Asked my opinion I said I was now too old to stand, or indeed do much else, for 90 minutes but that it would be a very popular idea amongst many other supporters.

Finally, he said that one of the drawbacks of owning the club would be that he would have to be on his best behaviour at matches.

I liked him, and believed him and, having met a number of former chairman/owners over the years, feel that he will be a breath of fresh air.

But then what do I know?
The Cricketers has now been let according to owners Grays pub Co , so it should be reopened soon ! It used to be my local along with the Nelson many years ago now..

The Cricketers has now been let according to owners Grays pub Co , so it should be reopened soon ! It used to be my local along with the Nelson many years ago now..

currently in the middle of a refurb.

I’m a bit corcerned that the consortium have been pumping money into the club when they dont own a thing. RM really is something else! how does he do it!?

And as we (my friend and I) had been reminiscing about the "Liverpool FA Cup game" we mentioned this to JR and he had never heard about it. When I mentioned the 31,000 attendance he was amazed and said that that couldn't have been legal. I told him that the South Bank was massive in those days and, of course, the ground was mostly all standing.
IMG_8388.jpeg
IMG_8390.jpeg
IMG_8389.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back