• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been dozens of posts about player welfare and lack of subs etc. Thats what I was replying to.

As Mod maybe you should read more posts rather than snipe at others.
D'oh! Except there are player welfare issues and lack of subs issues which are not the ones you listed.... Carry on though Riggers, you always do.

When I asked him if, as I only live round the corner from RM, he wanted me to stick something nasty through his letter box, he said that they were now waiting on the council rather than RM. I did not feel it was my place to ask what the problem was, though.
Thanks @Richard Hearn that's a great update. On the bit above, I guess one interpretation of the Ron v SCC issue overall is that everybody is aware that it wont be Ron driving anything to a conclusion - the other party always has to do it. So, SCC have to find a way to draw that discussion to a successful conclusion - probably a combination of carrot and stick, but the stick feels very tempting (to me anyway!). Also it seems likely to be necessary to force Ron to sign on the dotted line so all his hostages (the club and all the rest of us) can be released.

Nice to see that you have such a high view of the person/people saving us. If he didn’t want to rock the boat etc do you think he would be turning up to games, speaking openly to tons of fans and going to AGM to name a few things. Seriously you need to give your head a wobble
I do have a high opinion of him, that's the point. I think he's being sensible. He's not actually said anything controversial because he's stating a fact, other people are interpreting it as blaming the council.

All he has said is that Ron is waiting on the council. That is probably factually correct. My point is that Ron is throwing up obstacles because he can. There's no real justification for it.

Last edited:
So what does he want from the council is the question we want answered
Something they probably can’t give, legally. He probably knows that as well. Standard stalling tactics, which he’s been doing through the whole process.

The council now need to give him an ultimatum. Take it or leave it. This cannot continue any longer.

Well it appears the opposition group also don’t know what is going on but wholeheartedly support that there has to be a clear statement tomorrow (which I think has become obvious). So I guess we wait until then.

Last edited:
I do have a high opinion of him, that's the point. I think he's being sensible. He's not actually said anything controversial because he's stating a fact, other people are interpreting it as blaming the council.

All he has said is that Ron is waiting on the council. That is probably factually correct. My point is that Ron is throwing up obstacles because he can. There's no Real justification for it.
The thing is no one actually knows what those obstacles are- so to hold both parties feet to the fire is sensible.

The idea that Ron is throwing up obstacles is stated as if fact, but it is, in fact, pure speculation. Likewise re the council doing the same.

Let’s hope we are told tomorrow.

Stan on twitter - i suspect its Villa related but.....?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231217_171356.jpg
    Screenshot_20231217_171356.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 184
Of course it’s Villa related. They got their winner around that time.

Plus Stan doesn’t post about Southend anymore.
Aston Villa didn't score their winner at 15:45, which is what Stan's message is timed at.

The match kicked off at 3pm and their winner would have gone in around 4:40pm. @Holy Joe 's phone shows that Stan isn't in a different time zone either, as his screenshot is timestamped at 17:14 and clearly shows the last reply to Stan on screen was an hour earlier than the time on Holy Joe's phone - i.e. no later than 16:14 UK time....

Whatever Stan was referring to, it wasn't Aston Villa's winning goal... Also, Stan's goal celebrations are quite consistent. They are never like this.

Aston Villa didn't score their winner at 15:45, which is what Stan's message is timed at.

The match kicked off at 3pm and their winner would have gone in around 4:40pm. @Holy Joe 's phone shows that Stan isn't in a different time zone either, as his screenshot is timestamped at 17:14 and clearly shows the last reply to Stan on screen was an hour earlier than the time on Holy Joe's phone - i.e. no later than 16:14 UK time....

Whatever Stan was referring to, it wasn't Aston Villa's winning goal... Also, Stan's goal celebrations are quite consistent. They are never like this.
Pure Columbo S.😉

Get you on the Maddy case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back