• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe i'm wrong, but surely, the National League just have rules of how clubs should operate in their league ? If SUFC can't stick to them, i'd put the blame soley of Ron for running the club into the ground, not the league.
I think it’s a reference to the disgraceful way the NL are implementing the embargo with clear contempt for the welfare of the players.
No-one is saying we should be under an embargo that I can see.

You see he could be telling it as he thinks it is. Lets say him and the consortium have done all they can, and the final hurdles are between the Council and Ron. Justin phones Ron, and asks, ''How's it going Ron''? ''What's the hold up''? Ron says, ''It's the Council delaying things now''. But greedy Ron doesn't tell Justin that he's asked for more, more that the Council can really give.
It could be. It could not be. As Rigsby points out you would count your fingers after shaking hands with either party. It seems we have more than one source from the consortium suggesting it’s the council holding things up. And Anna Firth suggesting it’s Ron. I guess you takes your choice..

I think it’s a reference to the disgraceful way the NL are implementing the embargo with clear contempt for the welfare of the players.
No-one is saying we should be under an embargo that I can see.
But the takeover was supposed to have been done ages ago. Isn't the fact it hasn't happened and the embargo hasn't been lifted, the reason the welfare of the players is in jeopardy ?

This is where my thoughts sit.

The council absolutely cannot give any legally-binding assurances as that circumvents the planning process, for which they would be guilty of gross misconduct in office.

This is where I'm shaking my head at people cutting Ron some slack here. If he's trying to squeeze more money out of them on rental agreements, land transactions, etc., especially when there are already some verbal agreements in place, then that's ****ty but par for the course for the Martins and hopefully rectifiable.

If he is expecting them to do something that they realistically and legally cannot do, and I'm sure he knows it, then I don't know what to say.

As you say, he has to take a leap of faith. The change to the plans aren't huge (different market conditions though), and the Council want this development - and relatively quickly. They've bent over backwards for him. Now is the time to take it or leave it.
I guess the problem is we don’t know the outstanding issue(s) that’s allegedly is going back and forth. My point is to cut no slack to anyone. This needs to be a slack free zone with all feet held to the fire. It can’t rumble on.

It could be. It could not be. As Rigsby points out you would count your fingers after shaking hands with either party. It seems we have more than one source from the consortium suggesting it’s the council holding things up. And Anna Firth suggesting it’s Ron. I guess you takes your choice..
Me personally, I certainly don't believe any politician, but I would trust Anna over Ron.

But the takeover was supposed to have been done ages ago. Isn't the fact it hasn't happened and the embargo hasn't been lifted, the reason the welfare of the players is in jeopardy ?
No. The EFL for example run embargoes in such a way that you have sufficient players.
Yes we should be under an embargo
Yes embargoes should be managed appropriately
They are not mutually exclusive.

But this at the same time means you trust neither but one you distrust one more than the other. Not really firm ground. Which is why I say give neither any slack and hold all feet to the fire until this is done.
Well one seems to have narcissism traits, and is well known for lies, underhand dealing, being a bit dodgy, and stretching the truth.

You see he could be telling it as he thinks it is. Let’s say him and the consortium have done all they can, and the final hurdles are between the Council and Ron. Justin phones Ron, and asks, ''How's it going Ron''? ''What's the hold up''? Ron says, ''It's the Council delaying things now''. But greedy Ron doesn't tell Justin that he's asked for more, more than the Council can really give.
Ron is always going to put himself, his business and family before the club and has an opportunity to use this situation for more (whatever more is).

So unless the Consortium and/or the Council agree with the more and more and more then I can’t things moving anytime soon..

Ron Martin needs a deadline or the deal dies

No. The EFL for example run embargoes in such a way that you have sufficient players.
Yes we should be under an embargo
Yes embargoes should be managed appropriately
They are not mutually exclusive.

I can say for certain we tried to sign player last week. The fact that it fell through, we let Mooney go and Kanu was recalled is not the fault of the NL.

Last edited:
Curious on what people base their actions or proposed actions of protest. The phrase "personally I think" (and similar by others) does not equate to known truth and reality. Like many on here (me included) we all have our own opinions and our own take on what's happening.

For some there seems to be a need to rehearse the outcome and then determine action on the basis of what they have rehearsed. We could all be SO wide of the mark, and then some may have a grain of truth...who really knows? But I guess it all provides opportunity to bash individuals and groups and makes us feel better having done so. For the sake of all our mental health.... perhaps we could tone back the rhetoric, and the rehearsals. Take a more pragmatic view, and chill a bit? Just a suggestion from someone who wants the best for the club and the supporters, the players and the managing staff (who must feel it even more than we do).
👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

I can say for certain we tried to sign player last week. The fact that it fell through, we let Mooney go and Kanu was recalled is not the fault of the NL.
Nobody has said those specific things were the fault of the NL? The lack of water at the training pitch isn't the fault of the NL. That Jeff wosisname on TNT asks stupid questions in interviews isnt the fault of the NL.

However, the things which people have said are wrong (on this thread) and the fault of the NL, relating to the implementation of sanctions, are wrong and the fault of the NL. Hope this helps rigsby, but if not I'd suggest you have a read of the thread!

Nobody has said those specific things were the fault of the NL? The lack of water at the training pitch isn't the fault of the NL. That Jeff wosisname on TNT asks stupid questions in interviews isnt the fault of the NL.

However, the things which people have said are wrong (on this thread) and the fault of the NL, relating to the implementation of sanctions, are wrong and the fault of the NL. Hope this helps rigsby, but if not I'd suggest you have a read of the thread!

There has been dozens of posts about player welfare and lack of subs etc. Thats what I was replying to.

As Mod maybe you should read more posts rather than snipe at others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back