• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was feeling fairly confident that everything would turn out ok a week or so ago.
Now. Only person who can control our destiny is 🐀. He has us and the consortium held like hostages as now plays the council .
I honestly don’t know what the outcome will be, but I think we are in injury time as to speak .

Just saying to my wife if nothing happens over the next few days how on earth can Kevin and the players be expected to play 3 games over the Christmas period in only 8 days , the national league seriously need to step in and help the club find a solution very quickly,

Ron Martin why to you printing crap like you have just put up You don't need to hang around for a few piddling quid You already have the right to build enough homes to keep you in clover .You talk about the consortium taking over Will let them get on with it INSTEAD of letting the team suffer Stop passing the blaim And sign the contracts and leave the club to the men that does have the club at heart.

Thaat would suit the rat family to thevground All the bull**** about selling the club was just that bull**** .The arsehole has strung people alone .He suckered these nice pepole to pay the players wages .As he had know intention of paying them himself . Ron martin you are the biggest narsties person ive ever heard opf .
Except… it wouldn’t. I have no doubt he has mentally checked out of continuing to be the owner of the club thankfully. But it’s plainly obvious that there needs to be a degree of surety that SBC will follow through (and the word of this lot of politicians has no currency). I suspect what is required is driven not just by Ron as I have said. I suspect it’s not Ron coming up with the £££ to enable it. I am sure all the parties want this to happen… but if you had to pick a bunch of people at the last hurdle capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, you couldn’t do better..

Ron Martin why to you printing crap like you have just put up You don't need to hang around for a few piddling quid You already have the right to build enough homes to keep you in clover .You talk about the consortium taking over Will let them get on with it INSTEAD of letting the team suffer Stop passing the blaim And sign the contracts and leave the club to the men that does have the club at heart.
I think it’s all agreed between Ron and consortium- done and dusted.

It’s between Ron and those he needs to convince, and the politicians. If you can pick someone to blame with any degree of certainty from that lot then I have a bridge to sell you :-)

Totally agree although this is very different to what we were told on Thursday. Makes you wonder who is telling who and what. So frustrating as today proved yet again that against all odds we’ve gone toe to toe with second place team and shouldn’t have lost. Imagine what we could do with a full squad .this just seems to be a never ending story with no end in sight. So depressing
Its also quite possible the situation has changed since Thursday. It is possible that both alleged accounts were reasonable at the time they were given. Perhaps the Council position on Ron's latest ask was stated since the opinion given on Thursday.

Ron and his family are the only Rats I see. I dont see any real justification - from the limited information publicly available - for doubting the integrity of the consortium, Council or Anna Firth. Scrutiny is good but I dont see any issues yet, other than those caused by Ron.

The hold up is not with the council. The Rat and son of Rat are just asking them for the impossible within council regulations. They stand to make 130 million out of the FF deal and as Anna Firth said to me today, how much money do they need, it is just pure greed on their part. The consortium are champing at the bit to get this deal over the line and Anna hopes it will be done by Christmas.

Her contact with The Rat is limited now as he does return her txts but she intends somehow to get in contact this week. There will be an ultimatum issued to The Rat family over the next 7 days, i have no idea what that is but both the head of council and the planning officer have done all they can for The Rat within legal parameters but at this stage he wants more.

Anna is as frustrated as us all with this but she is fully aware it cannot continue this way. Something has to give.

I know @Liam AAS went for a chat with her after me, he may be able to add more.
That sums it up nicely. Ron is just putting unnecessary obstacles in the way, none of which have anything to do with the sale.

As I said Ron wants to make sure people know this will only happen when he wants it to. He's a narcissist.

The problem is also that the consortium have already started to pay things like wages, which has meant Ron is under less pressure, and the protests have stopped. What would happen if the consortium stopped paying? I dread to think, but maybe they need to.

Totally agree although this is very different to what we were told on Thursday. Makes you wonder who is telling who and what. So frustrating as today proved yet again that against all odds we’ve gone toe to toe with second place team and shouldn’t have lost. Imagine what we could do with a full squad .this just seems to be a never ending story with no end in sight. So depressing
Is it?

I doubt that's true. Ron has known for months that the consortium didn't want FF, so could have spoken to the council ages ago. To leave it to now and then blame the council is typical of Ron.
Your trust in the politicians is admirable…I would trust neither party. But if you trust the politicians can we have a chat about a bridge I have for sale? Trust none of them. They all want to avoid blame, what they need is all to feel the heat. Automatically blaming Ron is entirely understandable but risks giving those every bit as unreliable a free pass…and that’s unwise

Your trust in the politicians is admirable…I would trust neither party. But if you trust the politicians can we have a chat about a bridge I have for sale? Trust none of them. They all want to avoid blame, what they need is all to feel the heat. Automatically blaming Ron is entirely understandable but risks giving those every bit as unreliable a free pass…and that’s unwise
If these people, after all they have done, are found to be lying about Ron then they risk being voted out.

Do you think they'd take that risk or do you think that Ron's a ****?

Not certain but the other thing the council have is the agreement to lease the flats at RH and FF - that will need amending - wonder if Ron is trying to increase the rent?
We don’t know. But probably as cast iron assurance as they can get that SBC will fully support the new planning application and along the contractual terms previously discussed. Generally councils have pretty much 100% success rate awarding themselves planning permission. There are obviously legal restrictions as to what they can commit to outside the planning process, but then legals on both sides will know that.

Transparency would be very helpful but I suspect games are being played..

Until some people on here open their view that it isnt always Ron with the issues we arent going to get anywhere.

Ron is a leach and has been killing us for years but for gods sake guys pull your heads out the sand and understand that it isnt just Ron causing issues and isnt just him who has contributed to us getting to this stage (albeit Ron is the biggest issue).

I dont know how many more times some people need to be told by consortium members etc that the council are the ones holding this up on this occasion and not Ron. We can all go and protest at Rons but is that going to achieve anything if the issue is on the council side?

The council are useless with everything. None of them can tell the difference between their arse and their elbow and Anna's recent update appears to show that she hasnt got an idea what is going on at the moment fully. Matt Dent for example made a comment the other day which showed he clearly wasnt aware of what was going on. Anna's comments today - are they correct or wide of the mark? The difference in comments from different parties is so different yet I would much rather believe the man in charge of the consortium who must clearly hate Ron over politicians who arent involved much at all with them.

For those of you that want to take action (and I fully agree with the reasons behind it) then it needs to be aimed at the correct people. The hatred for Ron is the same as Man Utd fans hatred to the Glazers which means that anyone else not pulling their weight gets a free ride (Erik Ten Haag) but in our case the people who have always had a free ride is the council. They are constant failures like Ron.

May I suggest protests alternatively at council offices and Rons house so they are both getting it?

I know I will get shot down by the usual suspects but everyone needs to take a step back and look at what is happening and what key people are saying is going on.

For the record I personally think Ron wants something in writing from the council around moving the properties over to Fossetts and the council are getting cold feet about doing this. They are a catastrophic failure with almost every large project they have any involvement with like Ron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back