• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did she say what they are asking for?

This seems strange as the reports seemed to be it was the council holding things up from the consortium.
Problem is we have at the moment more generally a group of politicians that lie as easily as they breathe…. So we simply cannot take anything at face value and would be very foolish to do so.

But it can’t go on any longer. Today showed that. As I said earlier, as far as I can see RH still has charges against it. Those charges will need to be transferred or satisfied. Ron is pot-less. Therefore it would also be unwise to assume this is all about satisfying Ron/Son of Ron. I suspect there are development partners and charge holders in the background also demanding a level of surety to do what they need to do.

Without complete transparency I would spend as much time in the Civic Centre protesting as outside Ron’s house. The consortium have done their bit- the rest I wouldn’t trust as far as I could throw them, and would hold all their feet to the fire..

Meanwhile Kev and the players are being let down very badly…

Last edited:
I can only report what i am told but see no reason why Anna would lie.
I have to be very careful hear given the zone rules but you will understand that many would not be entirely shocked if Anna or any of her colleagues did precisely that. I suspect though it’s more being economical with the actualité- in other words there is more to it.

The hold up is not with the council. The Rat and son of Rat are just asking them for the impossible within council regulations. They stand to make 130 million out of the FF deal and as Anna Firth said to me today, how much money do they need, it is just pure greed on their part. The consortium are champing at the bit to get this deal over the line and Anna hopes it will be done by Christmas.

Her contact with The Rat is limited now as he does return her txts but she intends somehow to get in contact this week. There will be an ultimatum issued to The Rat family over the next 7 days, i have no idea what that is but both the head of council and the planning officer have done all they can for The Rat within legal parameters but at this stage he wants more.

Anna is as frustrated as us all with this but she is fully aware it cannot continue this way. Something has to give.

I know @Liam AAS went for a chat with her after me, he may be able to add more.
I have no words

Anyone got any idea if 'Rat' usually spends Christmas at home, or visits another 'lair' for a few days which wouldn't surprise me in the least.
Don’t forget the Civic Centre. And they will be off on holidays, trotters up very soon…and I suspect nothing will get in the way of that.

Given the group of people left in these negotiations (consortium are done and dusted their side) you couldn’t have a more I untrustworthy bunch. It makes me nervous. I don’t like it….

I can only report what i am told but see no reason why Anna would lie.
She's done a lot for us but ultimately it would be career suicide if she started publicly saying a council (that has a lot of members of her own party) were being a problem, she isn't an unbiased source. I can believe Ron is being Ron but I'd like to hear it from someone else first.

Unfortunately there's a clear path to the whole thing collapsing now.
Thaat would suit the rat family to thevground All the bull**** about selling the club was just that bull**** .The arsehole has strung people alone .He suckered these nice pepole to pay the players wages .As he had know intention of paying them himself . Ron martin you are the biggest narsties person ive ever heard opf .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back