• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did she say what they are asking for?

This seems strange as the reports seemed to be it was the council holding things up from the consortium.
I don't think the consortium's statement even alluded to the blame lying with any particular party. All they said was that it's now up to Ratty and Council to agree some stuff to push it over the line.

The hold up is not with the council. The Rat and son of Rat are just asking them for the impossible within council regulations. They stand to make 130 million out of the FF deal and as Anna Firth said to me today, how much money do they need, it is just pure greed on their part. The consortium are champing at the bit to get this deal over the line and Anna hopes it will be done by Christmas.

Her contact with The Rat is limited now as he does return her txts but she intends somehow to get in contact this week. There will be an ultimatum issued to The Rat family over the next 7 days, i have no idea what that is but both the head of council and the planning officer have done all they can for The Rat within legal parameters but at this stage he wants more.

Anna is as frustrated as us all with this but she is fully aware it cannot continue this way. Something has to give.

I know @Liam AAS went for a chat with her after me, he may be able to add more.
He just don’t want to let go. Just more 🐀 delaying tactics. We need to take the fight to him.

Fair enough but at the same time why would the consortium members lie.

It looks like nobody wants to be the bad guys so it's easier to blame someone else.
See, you're another one who posts some really odd takes on this and I'm all about differing opinions buuutttttt......

Where would the consortium members have lied?

Answer: nowhere. You've misread.

The consortium currently are not blaming anybody. At all. Certainly not publicly.

See, you're another one who posts some really odd takes on this and I'm all about differing opinions buuutttttt......

Where would the consortium members have lied?

Answer: nowhere. You've misread.

The consortium currently are not blaming anybody. At all. Certainly not publicly.
I spoke with Justin Rees in the Blue Boar before the game and he confirmed that the current hold up is because of the council.

The above is from the match thread post 67 I think.

So please tell me where I misread that.

The hold up is not with the council. The Rat and son of Rat are just asking them for the impossible within council regulations. They stand to make 130 million out of the FF deal and as Anna Firth said to me today, how much money do they need, it is just pure greed on their part. The consortium are champing at the bit to get this deal over the line and Anna hopes it will be done by Christmas.

Her contact with The Rat is limited now as he does return her txts but she intends somehow to get in contact this week. There will be an ultimatum issued to The Rat family over the next 7 days, i have no idea what that is but both the head of council and the planning officer have done all they can for The Rat within legal parameters but at this stage he wants more.

Anna is as frustrated as us all with this but she is fully aware it cannot continue this way. Something has to give.

I know @Liam AAS went for a chat with her after me, he may be able to add more.
Think the council does need to issue an ultimatum and make it clear. You agree or get nothing. Period

I spoke with Justin Rees in the Blue Boar before the game and he confirmed that the current hold up is because of the council.

The above is from the match thread post 67 I think.

So please tell me where I misread that.
That just isn't true, it is the deal between the council and The Rat where The rat wants more than the council can legally offer whatever he tells Justin.
The Rat always blames somebody else, always has, it is never his fault, have you not studied his actions over 25 years?

Last edited:
I spoke to someone with council connections and they said it’s the legal teams that are holding things up so who is telling the truth???

I spoke to someone with council connections and they said it’s the legal teams that are holding things up so who is telling the truth???
I would think thats half correct. The Rat asking for certain terms he wants and the legal side of the council saying **** me, he wants blood and a leg up to cut our arms off.. Sometimes the impossible is just that IMPOSSIBLE.

That just isn't true, it is the deal between the council and The Rat where The rat wants more than the council can legally offer whatever he tells Justin.
The Rat always blames somebody else, always has, it is never his fault, have you not studied his actions over 25 years?
I'm only going by what has been said by the potential new owner.

Without knowing what the council have been asked I have no way of knowing if they can or can't provide it. If you have been told then you can judge but I'm simply going on the public information available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back