• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our outgoing chairman did give quite a bit of attention to charities during his ownership though. Off the top of my head, he gave shirt sponsorships for free for a whole season to 2 charities:

Amy May Trust - Nut allergy charity. Ron is her uncle though.
Prostate Cancer UK

Teddy Hewitt Foundation on kid's shirts + Fifa when we were sponsored by that watchlotto company?

End Polio Now Rotary International in 2009/10 for a one off match.

He also arranged for Samaritans to have several collections at the Hall on matchdays and gave a free hoarding at the ground for at least a season.

Our outgoing chairman did give quite a bit of attention to charities during his ownership though. Off the top of my head, he gave shirt sponsorships for free for a whole season to 2 charities:

Amy May Trust - Nut allergy charity. Ron is her uncle though.
Prostate Cancer UK

Teddy Hewitt Foundation on kid's shirts + Fifa when we were sponsored by that watchlotto company?

End Polio Now Rotary International in 2009/10 for a one off match.
Best bit about stuff like this is that you can do a nice thing without actually putting your hand in your pocket.

Sounds like Ron to me.

If the consortium read Sz I would hope they are aware of the empty, unused, large plot of land on Prittlewell Chase adjacent to the Prittle Brook and new NHS centre on Burr Hill Chase.
It could be a very useful area when the build starts.
I believe the NHS / SCC own the land and have plans for it but not the finances for a few years to come.
I do believe that land (if I am thinking right) was where the old Priory House Care Home was prior to the new facility (Brook Meadows it is called now)
In the original plans it was earmarked to become a car park for the new facility however, what the plans are now I have no idea and besides the council have no money to do anything with it

Really.

We have only 14 or 15 players. Even if all of them were on 1500 per week (unlikely) then It's 22k per week.

With gates of 6k on the weekly, that should easily be covered by sales.
Unfortunately, it will be far less simple than that. It isnt just players wages, there is a backroom set up, which all attract wages, there is heating, lighting and tax (mmm... herin lies one issue, in that Rat obviously didnt think he needed to pay these).

Wonder if the rat is still taking his £400k pa "consultancy" fees? Hopefully not, but nothing would surprise me here.

Then you have match day overheads, such as match day staff, St Johns Ambulance (oh, another issue...) and getting the bars stocked up with food and beer, and away travel and hotels for the playing staff and officials. Then there is the small youth set up, coaching staff etc. I am surprised the shortfall is only £60k a month, so serious cash imjections are needed short term just to keep things just about operational. And that is before the new consortium can even start to implement their plans, which will help us in the medium to longer term.

Really.

We have only 14 or 15 players. Even if all of them were on 1500 per week (unlikely) then It's 22k per week.

We don't have crowds of 6k on the weekly, though. Even if we did - SPH at Roots Hall on ancillary stuff is **** poor, and there are office staff to pay, utility bills to pay, and untold levels of debt to service out of the money too.

Really.

With Mooney’s departure we have 18 players, excluding the Academy. You still need to pay your injured players.

We don’t have 6k a week. We’ve had one home League game since 24th October and a cup game where we got 2k.

Of the 6k somewhere between half and a third are season tickets. That money has long since gone. Of the remaining ones about half will be concessions.

Besides players you need to pay other staff and costs (coaching staff, stewards, police, electricity, water, insurance etc).

Reading FC are also in BIG problems. Attached is the local Reading MP's survey to garner support for them to be rid of their rat.

Attachments

• received_319771257546669.jpeg
    received_319771257546669.jpeg
    369.5 KB · Views: 72
  • received_877488204073590.png
    received_877488204073590.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
Reactions: jnl
FIY...if it's a planning matter the Planning Committee is not supposed to be political about it's considerations. Whilst it is made up of cross party members they are not supposed to decide based on any political view or ideological consideration.

Reading FC are also in BIG problems. Attached is the local Reading MP's survey to garner support for them to be rid of their rat.
Interesting what’s going on there. I have some mates that support the Royals and they had a go fund like us to get staff paid which I thought about posting here given how other clubs fans chipped in for us. Their rat is a very rich rat but can’t seem to get his money out of China for some reason. It’s a complete mess and the owner doesn’t seem to give a ****. All too familiar for us.

The hold up is not with the council. The Rat and son of Rat are just asking them for the impossible within council regulations. They stand to make 130 million out of the FF deal and as Anna Firth said to me today, how much money do they need, it is just pure greed on their part. The consortium are champing at the bit to get this deal over the line and Anna hopes it will be done by Christmas.

Her contact with The Rat is limited now as he does return her txts but she intends somehow to get in contact this week. There will be an ultimatum issued to The Rat family over the next 7 days, i have no idea what that is but both the head of council and the planning officer have done all they can for The Rat within legal parameters but at this stage he wants more.

Anna is as frustrated as us all with this but she is fully aware it cannot continue this way. Something has to give.

I know @Liam AAS went for a chat with her after me, he may be able to add more.

Last edited:
The hold up is not with the council. The Rat and son of Rat are just asking them for the impossible within council regulations. They stand to make 130 million out of the FF deal and as Anna Firth said to me today, how much money do they need, it is just pure greed on their part. The consortium are champing at the bit to get this deal over the line and Anna hopes it will be done by Christmas.

Her contact with The Rat is limited now as he does return her txts but she intends somehow to get in contact this week. There will be an ultimatum issued to The Rat family over the next 7 days, i have no idea what that is but both the head of council and the planning officer have done all they can for The Rat within legal parameters but at this stage he wants more.

Anna is as frustrated as us all with this but she is fully aware it cannot continue this way. Something has to give,
I believe this is what a protest plea looks like…

Anna is as frustrated as us all with this but she is fully aware it cannot continue this way. Something has to give,
Did she say what they are asking for?

This seems strange as the reports seemed to be it was the council holding things up from the consortium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back