• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spent a couple of hours with Justin helping to show him around Fair Havens Hospice and telling him about my daughter’s time at Little Havens. He understands the importance of Southend United and Havens Hospices to the City.

He isn’t going anywhere and is fully committed to the future of our great club. The takeover will happen.

Utbs!
Please anyone correct me if I’m wrong, but I can’t imagine the outgoing chairman and business owner doing such a thing

Just spent a couple of hours with Justin helping to show him around Fair Havens Hospice and telling him about my daughter’s time at Little Havens. He understands the importance of Southend United and Havens Hospices to the City.

He isn’t going anywhere and is fully committed to the future of our great club. The takeover will happen.

Utbs!
one of the things that he said last night was that he really wanted to understand the city, the people, the culture. He understands the importance of the football club to the community and really seems to want to embrace the two as one. Of course there is a strong link between the club and Havens and this was briefly mentioned last night

Sounds like the consortium are paying wages, paid of some of our HMRC & other debts. I hate to ask but what is keeping us under an embargo? I guess it’s more HMRC debt… would they consider sorting that out so we could at least get some loaners in?
I asked the question last night. TL and Justin both answered slightly different parts of it. Justin said the day we takeover the embargo will be lifted. TL confirmed that it isnt just the HMRC but the whole football debt that needs to be cleared before the embargo is lifted. this will happen once the takeover is confirmed. Im sure it was mentioned last night the the HMRC part of the debt is around £750k. The consortium obvs wont clear that before the takeover is confirmed. May have got that wrong, maybe others there can correct me if so

The soon the better it seems as if Justin has taken the club And the city to his heart. This is just what the club needs to push the club forward.

Sounds like an opinion rather than a fact. Clearly doesnt know what is going on which as I said is a bit concerning considering this councillor was one pushing for this. For something huge like this they should know what is going on with these projects.
They're all opinions. My point was some people ignored Ron and you picked them up on it. All I did was pick you up for doing exactly the same thing. The simple truth is no-one knows, but their choice of who to believe or not is just as valid as yours whilst no-one has the foggiest.

Catching up on all this, I'm simultaneously more hopeful and more frustrated.

Justin et al. seem to have an ambitious yet sensible vision of where they'd like the club to go, they seem keen for the fans to have a say in how the club is run, and Justin's desire to get stuck in with Southend as a community is really commendable. It's all massively positive, and so close...and yet the rat-shaped obstacle remains and just won't budge.

He stands to make more money than he knows what to do with (apparently that's any amount of money) from FF. Wish he'd let go of the club and haggle over the last 500 houses in his own time without dragging us all down with him.

Please anyone correct me if I’m wrong, but I can’t imagine the outgoing chairman and business owner doing such a thing

Our outgoing chairman did give quite a bit of attention to charities during his ownership though. Off the top of my head, he gave shirt sponsorships for free for a whole season to 2 charities:

Amy May Trust - Nut allergy charity. Ron is her uncle though.
Prostate Cancer UK

Teddy Hewitt Foundation on kid's shirts + Fifa when we were sponsored by that watchlotto company?

End Polio Now Rotary International in 2009/10 for a one off match.

I asked the question last night. TL and Justin both answered slightly different parts of it. Justin said the day we takeover the embargo will be lifted. TL confirmed that it isnt just the HMRC but the whole football debt that needs to be cleared before the embargo is lifted. this will happen once the takeover is confirmed. Im sure it was mentioned last night the the HMRC part of the debt is around £750k. The consortium obvs wont clear that before the takeover is confirmed. May have got that wrong, maybe others there can correct me if so
Thanks Jon. Makes sense

So unless I have missed something on here or SM we have had radio silence from SBC, councillors and AF since the suggestion from last night that SBC were now holding things up? Given that previously SBC have been quick to point out when it’s not in their court I think we can assume it is?

If anyone has heard different share accordingly?

Meanwhile Kev and the players struggle on..

On a different note and their proposals for RH.

They are fully commited to saving the club, they want for instance to build a concorse/future banquetting area behind the North bank. They want to demolish the back of the West stand and maybe give it a new roof and a concourse there. The East stand is a complete rebuild.
They will have a fan zone area up the top of the car park near the South bank asap to gain extra income.

The overall plan will take 5 years and although they want they the 20 mill asap they expect that will happen over the same time period.

In the short term the losses will continue but Jason loves a project and John Watson is there to make sure on business terms it all works.

Hmmmm....

Sounds like the consortium are paying wages, paid of some of our HMRC & other debts. I hate to ask but what is keeping us under an embargo? I guess it’s more HMRC debt… would they consider sorting that out so we could at least get some loaners in?
Club creditors were 3.5 million but the consortium have by negotiation reduced this to 2.5 million owed to creditors.

If the consortium read Sz I would hope they are aware of the empty, unused, large plot of land on Prittlewell Chase adjacent to the Prittle Brook and new NHS centre on Burr Hill Chase.
It could be a very useful area when the build starts.
I believe the NHS / SCC own the land and have plans for it but not the finances for a few years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back