• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect something must be happening to satisfy or transfer charges on RH for example. It may be that either the charge holders or those providing the funds to satisfy want to see some sort of supporting documentation that SBC support the revised proposal.

I don’t think “it’s alright they said they do”would quite work. All speculation of course.

I'm sure he could do the sale now but would you sell a piece of land for a £1 with planning permission for 500 flats on the word of SBC without anything in writing? I know I wouldn't

I wouldn't if I had a consortium funding the business in the meantime.

My take on last night is the consortium are balls deep in with paying the Rats liabilities atm and that suits him down to the ground as he plays poker with the council. They would sign today if his issues were sorted out. They can't really do anymore until that is finalised and TBH i am suprised as we know him they have put in so much so far.

On a different note and their proposals for RH.

They are fully commited to saving the club, they want for instance to build a concorse/future banquetting area behind the North bank. They want to demolish the back of the West stand and maybe give it a new roof and a concourse there. The East stand is a complete rebuild.
Over at the new training ground they are atm attempting to regain the two front pitches that have been completely left to rot because there is no water of electricity there. They have the cabins ready for a temporary fix so the players can move off BL. They intend to install a 4g/5g? pitch uptop on the fourth pitch asap to gain some income by letting it out at times. They will have a fan zone area up the top of the car park near the South bank asap to gain extra income.

The overall plan will take 5 years and although they want they the 20 mill asap they expect that will happen over the same time period.

In the short term the losses will continue but Jason loves a project and John Watson is there to make sure on business terms it all works.

Last edited:
How about this one:
Sounds like an opinion rather than a fact. Clearly doesnt know what is going on which as I said is a bit concerning considering this councillor was one pushing for this. For something huge like this they should know what is going on with these projects.

Something i am not sure has been mentioned yet,.

The consortium members will all have shares in the new company. Justin will hold the majority of those but not any controlling power, so he wont have 51% , the shares will be spread, some will have only say 5% but it will be a democratic approach. There will also be a shadow board which has no rights but will consist of The Trust and fans groups. Meetings with the board and the secondary board will take place 1 month before the official board so discussions raised can be delt with at senior board level.

Last edited:
Sounds like an opinion rather than a fact. Clearly doesnt know what is going on which as I said is a bit concerning considering this councillor was one pushing for this. For something huge like this they should know what is going on with these projects.
Let’s hope we don’t have the all to common politicians equivalent of pass the parcel…

and just to add to Jon's post - new contracts are in place ready to offer, new signings are lined up, monies are available for what needs paying, Tom is negotiating new deals with Macron and the training vest people (forgot name).

Staying with Macron then? Interesting...

Edit: Only suggesting this as the survey indicated the club were looking at other suppliers for playing and training kit. This new deal may be for this season. It might not - we shall see!

Last edited:
Staying with Macron then? Interesting...

Edit: Only suggesting this as the survey indicated the club were looking at other suppliers for playing and training kit. This new deal may be for this season. It might not - we shall see!
Happy to be corrected, but I recall he said that we're exploring all avenues but we did have a 3 year deal so one more year left with them. These options include Macron investing in running it properly, a different party running the shop, it coming in house, or changing provider altogether.

Happy to be corrected, but I recall he said that we're exploring all avenues but we did have a 3 year deal so one more year left with them. These options include Macron investing in running it properly, a different party running the shop, it coming in house, or changing provider altogether.
3 year deal with 6 months left 👍🏻

I asked Tom about kit availability and he said Macron won’t make / send any more so that’s it for this season

That’s when he said they are exploring all avenues including a re-negotiation with Macron

That’s also when I cracked a joke about having Mooneys shirts which got a good laugh 😂 😂

The consortium want it done this side of the NY. They are keen to have a 1/2 ST promo but obvs want this to happen in line with the takeover. They are also desperate to get the
Embargo lifted and want this done before January as need to get players in and also don’t want for risk losing any which as it stands at the moment could happen.
What the consortium want and what the Ratshytes want, are two completely different things. They will let the whole pack of cards collapse if it suits their agenda.

Something i am not sure has been mentioned yet,.

The consortium members will all have shares in the new company. Justin will hold the majority of those but not any controlling power, so he wont have 51% , the shares will be spread, some will have only say 5% but it will be a democratic approach. There will also be a shadow board which has no rights but will consist of The Trust and fans groups. Meetings with the board and the secondary board will take place 1 month before the official board so discussions raised can be delt with at senior board level.
Jason ? or Justin. Freudian slip perhaps (now sneakily fixed - lol)

Sorry can I clarify…. What is that 60k a month ? Running costs will be more than that you’d think… income is 60k a month maybe ? The shortfall is 60k perhaps ? Thats what the consortium are putting in ? Maybe Tom wasn’t clear.

Has to the shortfall. 60k a month wouldn't cover the players wages

Just spent a couple of hours with Justin helping to show him around Fair Havens Hospice and telling him about my daughter’s time at Little Havens. He understands the importance of Southend United and Havens Hospices to the City.

He isn’t going anywhere and is fully committed to the future of our great club. The takeover will happen.

Utbs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back