• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rat wants something in writing fron the council similar to head of terms to ensure he has the go ahead to allow him to transfer the 500 houses from RH to FF. I also think (and this is reading between the lines after chatting to JW) that he needs this to get some money himself from his backers on the FF project.

We know he is skint and once he no longer has the club he needs money coming in from somewhere.

Tom confirmed last night it's all going towards running costs - apparently this is at 60K per month
Sorry can I clarify…. What is that 60k a month ? Running costs will be more than that you’d think… income is 60k a month maybe ? The shortfall is 60k perhaps ? Thats what the consortium are putting in ? Maybe Tom wasn’t clear.

Right so basically we have 'potential' new owners that have been paying wages, overseeing the distribution of match day and sponsorship/commercial incomes. Negotiating contracts and generally putting their hands in their pockets!
What a bunch of time wasting, all talk no action, PR seeking Rat clones! Yes so many on here have had this lot sussed for months! Meanwhile in the world of reality arguably the most logistical, unique takeover is now in touching distance and it has come to the point it was always going to reach for completion, an agreement between Rat & Council needed and we along with the Consortium await resolution between the two!
Yes we are still under embargo due to HMRC issues and lets be honest for a lot of fans this is all they see and have ever been bothered with with, all other elements of the takeover are background noises, but each to his own. Although I obviously would never be dismissive of the horrendous situation our players have been exposed to and still are from a welfare perspective. Unbelievable commitment from them and I for one take pride in their efforts if not in the long term mismanagement that caused it.
I do wonder if we have paid our commitments to HMRC in relation to the October & November salaries covered by the Consortium? I am not familiar with payroll and HMRC submission process, but did occur to me that it wouldn't harm our efforts to try and get a bit more room for manoeuvre within the terms of the embargo. Anyway I have always had faith this takeover will happen and nothing I have heard within the last 24hours has given me cause to think any different nor cause me fear that the Consortium will cease to firefight issues until they really do have the keys to the shop!

Not sure what comments you are suggesting I am ignoring. The councillors comment effectively said he didnt know what was going on. People involved in the purchase of the club have said very clearly the issue is with the council this time and NOT Ron.

As I pointed out earlier we are too quick now to jump to conclusions that it is Ron causing the issues and I fully understand why as he is never honest but people are giving the council, who have never been a huge supporter of the club, a very easy ride considering they are also a part of the reason we nearly died. This is a council that appear to be unable to do anything good for the city and have huge failures on their hands over recent years.
How about this one:

I'm sceptical, to be honest, given the history of Ron blaming the council for delays which were down to him.

What is stopping Ron completing the sale of the club without council agreement on the housing? Seems to me he is choosing that he needs this agreement rather than it being essential for the sale of the club?

The Rat wants something in writing fron the council similar to head of terms to ensure he has the go ahead to allow him to transfer the 500 houses from RH to FF. I also think (and this is reading between the lines after chatting to JW) that he needs this to get some money himself from his backers on the FF project.

We know he is skint and once he no longer has the club he needs money coming in from somewhere.
Seems reasonable given, if you were looking for individuals as untrustworthy as Ron, then politicians would be top of the list. Probably, in this case, Ron judging the other party by his own standards is at least to some degree understandable. If the council are saying yes, we support the move of the 500 houses to FF, and then are pushing back on putting the same onto paper, then that creates red flags for Ron and probably more importantly the developers (e.g. Dellals).

Of course the council cannot guarantee planning approval. But they can commit to strongly supporting it. After all, councils have a pretty much 100% record of awarding themselves planning. They need to pull their finger out.

What is stopping Ron completing the sale of the club without council agreement on the housing? Seems to me he is choosing that he needs this agreement rather than it being essential for the sale of the club?
Once the sale goes through Ron's leverage on SBC is reduced. The sale price tags of £1 and the £20m back to the club are all based on the (to date) verbal (to my understanding) assurances that FF will happen with the 500 extra houses instead of the stadium.

If its not supported at least be something on paper then down the line, as we see daily, you might have politicians who suddenly can't remember the conversation, don't recall this, don't recall that and so on. And of course all their WhatsApp messages will have been mysteriously deleted and unrecoverable.

Once the sale goes through Ron's leverage on SBC is reduced. The sale price tags of £1 and the £20m back to the club are all based on the (to date) verbal (to my understanding) assurances that FF will happen with the 500 extra houses instead of the stadium.

If its not supported at least be something on paper then down the line, as we see daily, you might have politicians who suddenly can't remember the conversation, don't recall this, don't recall that and so on. And of course all their WhatsApp messages will have been mysteriously deleted and unrecoverable.

I get why he wants it - but as I said he is choosing to make it essential - if he wanted to is there anything stopping him completing the sale now?

There is already video evidence and meeting minutes showing council support - just no detailed agreement

I get why he wants it - but as I said he is choosing to make it essential - if he wanted to is there anything stopping him completing the sale now?

There is already video evidence and meeting minutes showing council support - just no detailed agreement
I guess what we don’t know is whether this “document” was long requested (after all its weeks since this was discussed in principle) and has failed to materialise. I doubt it was a last minute request- but we don’t know…

There was video evidence of the Tory party agreeing not the full council.

I'm sure he could do the sale now but would you sell a piece of land for a £1 with planning permission for 500 flats on the word of SBC without anything in writing? I know I wouldn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back