• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
So those of you that were present last night, do you feel there is anything we could do as a fanbase to apply some pressure on the Council? If it is indeed them that are "dragging heels" a little.

Should we plan a little visit to the Civic Centre pre-xmas, or let them get on with it?
Wasn’t there but Council could cover a wide variety of things: it could be awaiting a political decision, it could be waiting on Council lawyers or Council administrators.

Difficult to know where to target the pressure without knowing the issue but unless a decision has just been taken ((there was talk of it being Thursday) and it’s now back with Ron it’s going to be unlikely to be done this side of the New Year just because council people won’t be around.

I’m sure it will all get sorted out soon but in the mean time we’ve just got to muddle through with what we’ve got.

Remember we are only 3 points off the drop zone, so our main priority right now is keeping out of it with the limited number of fit players we have.

I can also confirm this after having a nice chat with John Watson
Problem here is that SBC know that Ron will understandably get the blame for all delays, which gives them perfect cover to dither in the background. Its not a good sign the Cllr Dent is sceptical in advance, He would be better advised just to look into it without a hint of pre-judgement.

Anna Firth is clearly in need of contact as she is hinting SBC are the ones pushing. Might be true but equally might not - so I assume someone on here who can get hold of her will be getting her in contact with Cllr Cox to get to the truth.

Finally if its waiting for SBC I would imagine there would be fury if they went off on their holidays, trotters up, not having got this done.

Once again I drag attention back to the players and Kev who are about to be going into the holiday fixtures with a threadbare squad and whilst we are told targets are being missed..

So those of you that were present last night, do you feel there is anything we could do as a fanbase to apply some pressure on the Council? If it is indeed them that are "dragging heels" a little.

Should we plan a little visit to the Civic Centre pre-xmas, or let them get on with it?
A perfectly reasonable suggestion. Maybe suggest to AF she would like to join such a protest. All parties need to feel the pressure and we don't want SBC getting away with hiding in plain sight.

I’m sure it will all get sorted out soon but in the mean time we’ve just got to muddle through with what we’ve got.

Remember we are only 3 points off the drop zone, so our main priority right now is keeping out of it with the limited number of fit players we have.
I fear that is precisely the attitude of SBC and Ron- I suspect Kev and the players aren't quite so relaxed..

Question- Where is the money from ticket sales, sponsorship and AOB going and if its being held with a third party, who gets it when the debts that have put us under an embargo are paid?.

If it helps pay any debts and OR goes back into the club/consortium its ok but we know what el rattateli is like don't we.

Question- Where is the money from ticket sales, sponsorship and AOB going and if its being held with a third party, who gets it when the debts that have put us under an embargo are paid?.

If it helps pay any debts and OR goes back into the club/consortium its ok but we know what el rattateli is like don't we.
Tom confirmed last night it's all going towards running costs - apparently this is at 60K per month

Yes I did read it. Its quite concerning that he clearly doesnt have a clue what is happening when I believe he was the one pushing hard for it before.
I wouldn't dismiss what he says so easily. Ron has spent the last 20-odd years blaming everyone else for delays, the council included. Its never his fault.

But more to the point, why are you having a go at someone for ignoring some comments when you're doing the same?

As long as both the players and the bills are getting paid everyone need not worry.
Apart from the ever growing list of A) players injured and B) those having to play through injury as there is no other option. Player welfare has been tested to the limit the last year or so but they really are running on empty and need reinforcements asap. So yes players and management getting paid of course is crucial but their welfare is as important

I wouldn't dismiss what he says so easily. Ron has spent the last 20-odd years blaming everyone else for delays, the council included. Its never his fault.

But more to the point, why are you having a go at someone for ignoring some comments when you're doing the same?
Not sure what comments you are suggesting I am ignoring. The councillors comment effectively said he didnt know what was going on. People involved in the purchase of the club have said very clearly the issue is with the council this time and NOT Ron.

As I pointed out earlier we are too quick now to jump to conclusions that it is Ron causing the issues and I fully understand why as he is never honest but people are giving the council, who have never been a huge supporter of the club, a very easy ride considering they are also a part of the reason we nearly died. This is a council that appear to be unable to do anything good for the city and have huge failures on their hands over recent years.

The consortium want it done this side of the NY. They are keen to have a 1/2 ST promo but obvs want this to happen in line with the takeover. They are also desperate to get the
Embargo lifted and want this done before January as need to get players in and also don’t want for risk losing any which as it stands at the moment could happen.
Thanks for your input Shrimperjon.
If the takeover happens before Christmas brilliant.
But knowing how slow the wheels turn at council levels I won’t hold my breath.
Also we have the 🐀 to deal with. I equate him to an Italian tank ,1 forward gear and 6 reverse gears.
I would like to thank all the supporters that attended last night’s meeting.

Thanks for your input Shrimperjon.
If the takeover happens before Christmas brilliant.
But knowing how slow the wheels turn at council levels I won’t hold my breath.
Also we have the 🐀 to deal with. I equate him to an Italian tank ,1 forward gear and 6 reverse gears.
I would like to thank all the supporters that attended last night’s meeting.
yes no argument there mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back