• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
When i went to bed last night .What with the statment given out i was cross .Goit up this morning and read all the statments .And quite frankley im so bloody angary now i dont think this will ever get done .And that means i will never set foot in the hall again thanks to one RAT CALLED RON RAT MARTIN . may you rot in hell you creep .
It will get done, JR and John Watson both said we are close and it will get done. The consortium have already put a substantial sum of money in and wouldn’t still be doing that if they had any doubts. There is an issue that the council need to resolve and then it can be finalised. We are very close

I hear the gist of the Trust AGM was that Rees was 'hoping' the takeover would be complete in two weeks. That the consortium are paying the wages (even though they do not officially own the club) and that we are taking to the NL about the possibility of getting players in before Saturday (despite the embargo).
We are trying to get players in. One fell through last minute yesterday but we are actively trying to get players in but our position and situation is going against us. They are hopeful we may have another one in before Saturday

Im sure I speak for many on this forum. This sale has dragged on and on for many various reasons .
Please just get it done. We have all had more than a gut full now. Understandably some of us are getting stressed (me included) we just need closure on the sale and want to enjoy better times.
All us supporters are victims of a bad last 5 years under the 🐀 regime. We deserve better, hopefully things will get sorted early new year.
COYB’s 💙

Indeed. Very telling, and (unfortunately) not really a surprise.

It seems my point yesterday is true: that cockroach 🪳 is trying to prove the point that he's in control until he decides otherwise.

Given AF's comment it also seems that the issue with the council is a non-issue. What is 🪳 expecting from the council? They're not going to grant planning permission without new plans being submitted so is he going to make everyone wait until then?

What an arse.
Totally agree. I called this out months ago. You are not dealing with a normal, rational businessman here. This is a top notch example of narcissism at its most ugly. Therefore when dealing with a total rat/roach there will always be the power play, while he still holds that final ace. There will always be the drama, the oneupmanship. Annoyingly king rat will likely want to get the club off his hands, but he will get off on the amount of power he is wealding right now.

If he is f***ing about over minor details, which I have no doubt he is doing, one or two more things needs to happen. One is the consortium need to be prepared play Russian roulette and threaten to pull out all incomeing pre-sale funding or out of the deal altogether, the council calls his bluff and gives him a deadline to sell up, or someone with deep pockets pays him a 'bonus' of sorts to entice him over the line.

I think we can expect a couple more parting shots yet before this is over!

It will get done, JR and John Watson both said we are close and it will get done. The consortium have already put a substantial sum of money in and wouldn’t still be doing that if they had any doubts. There is an issue that the council need to resolve and then it can be finalised. We are very close
I can also confirm this after John Watson had very loose lips after a few beers.

The sum he told me was very substantial

All day long this is the Ratshyte family at the root of the hold-up. Wanting to dictate and have everything their own way. I'd like to shake the ****ing lot of them warmly by the throat.

Im sure I speak for many on this forum. This sale has dragged on and on for many various reasons .
Please just get it done. We have all had more than a gut full now. Understandably some of us are getting stressed (me included) we just need closure on the sale and want to enjoy better times.
All us supporters are victims of a bad last 5 years under the 🐀 regime. We deserve better, hopefully things will get sorted early new year.
COYB’s 💙
The consortium want it done this side of the NY. They are keen to have a 1/2 ST promo but obvs want this to happen in line with the takeover. They are also desperate to get the
Embargo lifted and want this done before January as need to get players in and also don’t want for risk losing any which as it stands at the moment could happen.

I think what was key from last night and as hard as it is for us fans, JR, John Watson and TL were all quite chilled and relaxed. Yes there are frustrations on all sides, but JR made it perfectly clear that the deal is progressing and we are very close. They openly said that they want it done this side of the NY and still hope it is the case.. they have put in large sums of money and been paying the wages since October and could have walked away at any point. They havnt as they are fully committed to Sufc and getting us back to where they think we belong. They have a 5 yr business plan including renovations of RH, new catering/bar facilities and a fan zone as a starting point. I came away from last night feeling more positive than before I went in and had a very open and honest conversation with John Watson. A majority of the consortium are Southend fans or have links one way or the other so not only are they investing financially but also emotionally. The future really does look positive we just need to be patient a little longer. There are still a few things that need to be ironed out but I don’t believe this is between Ron and the consortium but more the Council at this stage. As JR said last night this was never going to be a straight forward deal with so many different factors involved in the sale and who owned what and where not to forget the huge debts owed. They saved the club at the last minute and we need to have faith in them to move this club forward which I firmly believe they will. If the council can rubber stamp the final piece in the jigsaw (IF this is correct) then the consortium are ready to push the button and green light the project. Based on last night it’s very much this side of the NY that the deal will go through but as JR said he is reluctant to guarantee that based on previous dates given that didn’t happen. It’s close guys just a little longer

Last edited:
Mr Cox if you are head of southend council .Its time to stop playing around If Ron Martin is stalling in sendind in new plans for the houses on fossets instead of then being built at rooshall . You made lots of noise about the saviung the club .Instead f keep passing the buck .get on with it so we can have our club back .

I think what was key from last night and as hard as it is for us fans JR, John Watson and TL were all quite chilled and relaxed. Yes there are frustrations on all sides, but JR made it perfectly clear that the deal is progressing and we are very close. They openly said that they want it done this side of the NY and still hope it is the case.. they have put in large sums of money and been paying the wages since October so but could have walked away. They havnt as they are fully committed to Sufc and getting us back to where they think we belong. The have a 5 yr business plan including renovations of RH, new catering/bar facilities and a fan zone as a starting point. I came away from last night feeling more positive than before I went in and had a very open and honest conversation with John Watson. A majority of the consortium are Southend fans or have links one way or the other so not only are they investing financially but also emotionally. The future really does look positive we just need to be patient a little longer. There are still a few things that need to be ironed out but I don’t believe this is between Ron and the consortium but more the Council at this stage. As JR said last night this was never going to be a straight forward deal with so many different factors involved in the sale and who owned what and where not to forget the huge debts owed. They saved the club at the last minute and we need to have faith in them to move this club forward which I firmly believe they will. If the council can rubber stamp the final piece in the jigsaw then the consortium are ready to push the button and green light the project. Based on last night it’s very much this side of the NY that the deal will go through but as JR said he is reluctant to guarantee that based on previous dates given that didn’t happen. It’s close guys just a little longer
and just to add to Jon's post - new contracts are in place ready to offer, new signings are lined up, monies are available for what needs paying, Tom is negotiating new deals with Macron and the training vest people (forgot name).

Mr Cox if you are head of southend council .Its time to stop playing around If Ron Martin is stalling in sendind in new plans for the houses on fossets instead of then being built at rooshall . You made lots of noise about the saviung the club .Instead f keep passing the buck .get on with it so we can have our club back .
Also cllr dent you brought up the amendment so get on with it .

and just to add to Jon's post - new contracts are in place ready to offer, new signings are lined up, monies are available for what needs paying, Tom is negotiating new deals with Macron and the training vest people (forgot name).
and basically in a nutshell we - SUFC - have a very good relationship with suppliers but it's just been tarnished by the non-payment side of things.

I enjoyed that last night. Like others, I feel more confident for the future based upon it.

It'd be better if 1-2 in the audience would let Justin and Tom finish before interrupting though. One fella in particular at the front seemed to think the Q&A was for only him, as he had an answer for everything.
lol yeah he even hijacked my Q about Macron / club shop

Totally agree. I called this out months ago. You are not dealing with a normal, rational businessman here. This is a top notch example of narcissism at its most ugly. Therefore when dealing with a total rat/roach there will always be the power play, while he still holds that final ace. There will always be the drama, the oneupmanship. Annoyingly king rat will likely want to get the club off his hands, but he will get off on the amount of power he is wealding right now.

If he is f***ing about over minor details, which I have no doubt he is doing, one or two more things needs to happen. One is the consortium need to be prepared play Russian roulette and threaten to pull out all incomeing pre-sale funding or out of the deal altogether, the council calls his bluff and gives him a deadline to sell up, or someone with deep pockets pays him a 'bonus' of sorts to entice him over the line.

I think we can expect a couple more parting shots yet before this is over!
Have you not read the other posts? Numerous members of the consortium have said last night that it is the council causing the current issues NOT Ron this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back