• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, you bring into question my courage and then suggest I'm a meek little lamb accepting my fate. Well despite your attempt to sound like Leonard Sachs, these are not The Good Old Days, and all the heroic posturing will do sweet FA.

Secondly, my analogy with Woolworths is correct. It is clear you do not acknowledge the genuine affection this country had for the store and it upset a great deal more people than the demise of SUFC would. I chose Woolworths because it was an institution that people were passionate about and yet could do nothing to save it. 30,000 staff dumped. The loons at the top made bad decisions and the rest is history. A clear comparison for me.

Finally, you are a shareholder. I suspect you do not own 25% of shares or more so can't block special resolutions? Perhaps you feel you can ignore Director powers that allow them to run the business at their discretion as long as they act for the benefit of the company? Prove they don't. Minority shareholders have , often, more rights than they realise but SUFC is not unique in being opaque. In fact your impotence as a shareholder highlights my point that what will be, will be .

Did Ron come to you and ask your permission to sell the club or to whom? No. So you just have to accept it as I do
Oh dear way off the mark!
Obviously not been involved in any of the actions to hold Mr Martin's feet to the fire and seen the response.

Firstly, you bring into question my courage and then suggest I'm a meek little lamb accepting my fate. Well despite your attempt to sound like Leonard Sachs, these are not The Good Old Days, and all the heroic posturing will do sweet FA.

Secondly, my analogy with Woolworths is correct. It is clear you do not acknowledge the genuine affection this country had for the store and it upset a great deal more people than the demise of SUFC would. I chose Woolworths because it was an institution that people were passionate about and yet could do nothing to save it. 30,000 staff dumped. The loons at the top made bad decisions and the rest is history. A clear comparison for me.

Finally, you are a shareholder. I suspect you do not own 25% of shares or more so can't block special resolutions? Perhaps you feel you can ignore Director powers that allow them to run the business at their discretion as long as they act for the benefit of the company? Prove they don't. Minority shareholders have , often, more rights than they realise but SUFC is not unique in being opaque. In fact your impotence as a shareholder highlights my point that what will be, will be .

Did Ron come to you and ask your permission to sell the club or to whom? No. So you just have to accept it as I do
Leonard Sachs. Now there is a name from the past. You are showing your age. :Winking2::LoyalSupporter:

Oh dear way off the mark!
Obviously not been involved in any of the actions to hold Mr Martin's feet to the fire and seen the response.
Apologies for the delay in replying but I have been rummaging around in the bottom of a drawer to find your medal. Heroes are not self-appointed. I am sure your action had as little impact as my inaction but, if you think the Martin family are quaking in their boots, that view is entirely your right.

Not sure that video is legitimately from today. Could easily be from last winter when we had a couple postponed early/mid Dec 2022 v Halifax and Boredom Wood in the trophy.

Apologies for the delay in replying but I have been rummaging around in the bottom of a drawer to find your medal. Heroes are not self-appointed. I am sure your action had as little impact as my inaction but, if you think the Martin family are quaking in their boots, that view is entirely your right.
Love All !

Attachments

• VERBAL+TENNIS.jpg
    VERBAL+TENNIS.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back