• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I missed something? I'm sure there was a statement depicting our prospective new owner's positive plans. Yet, I seem to have entered into divisive armageddon with fans snipping and lamenting each other. Why do you do it, seriously? Divide and conquer. It's what Ron wants! I thought we had learnt that the best way to oust him was to stay United.

We all want the same thing, a club to support with competent new owners. We don't have a definite date for completion, so what? The future of our club goes way beyond a probable feeble attempt to try and get in the lottery of the playoffs this year. Let's get our future secured in a stable fashion first, with a watertight transaction. If that means waiting a little while longer with this season flaking out a little, so be it. Making sure that expert blagger can't wriggle out of any agreed promises will be of paramount importance to the consortium. We of all people should understand that.

I said many weeks ago, we nearly didn't have a club, stadium, management team or set of players to support. Let's get some perspective and cut out the ridiculous name calling. Utb!

Have I missed something? I'm sure there was a statement depicting our prospective new owner's positive plans. Yet, I seem to have entered into divisive armageddon with fans snipping and lamenting each other. Why do you do it, seriously? Divide and conquer. It's what Ron wants! I thought we had learnt that the best way to oust him was to stay United.

We all want the same thing, a club to support with competent new owners. We don't have a definite date for completion, so what? The future of our club goes way beyond a probable feeble attempt to try and get in the lottery of the playoffs this year. Let's get our future secured in a stable fashion first, with a watertight transaction. If that means waiting a little while longer with this season flaking out a little, so be it. Making sure that expert blagger can't wriggle out of any agreed promises will be of paramount importance to the consortium. We of all people should understand that.

I said many weeks ago, we nearly didn't have a club, stadium, management team or set of players to support. Let's get some perspective and cut out the ridiculous name calling. Utb!

It’s bizarre isn’t it? 🤷🏻

I can't take any credit for this find, a Hartlepool fan on a multi-club non league website put this up saying:

This is for all our Brothers in Southend.
From the big man himself Freddie Mercury, I believe he wrote this to a (person) about to leave YOUR club.

Listen all the way through, Think it describes the (person) to a T.

He wrote it to his record label bosses I believe

Well said, the problem is that we have an element in our fanbase that the only tool in the box is a sledgehammer and patience is just a game of cards. For them life goes on in a black and white world of my way or no way. But hey it takes all sorts to make a world, it's just so frustrating for those of a balanced dispersion to have to share it!
Anyway blessed are the peacemakers, we could do with a few, no not those of a biblical nature I mean them Colt guns they had back in the days of wild west! Having said all that surely as a Club we have had enough conflict, honest discussion should always be encouraged after all this is a fans forum, friendly banter indulged and friendships built. Equally the display of a lack of respect and a bear pit of bickering this should not be! Draw a line under it and move on.
Amen!

There continues to be a small contingent that believe protests have had any meaningful impact and that further protests have any value. Personally I believe this view falls comfortably into the realm of delusion. Ron will do what is best for him and his family. I don't subscribe to the thought that that he would intentionally cause the club any unnecessary grief. I am sure the BileBoys will beg to differ.

The consensus seems to be that it is Ron holding things up but, this is just assumption. We don't even know things aren't progressing as fast as possible. If JR and the consortium came out and pointed the finger at Ron it would still be just one side. The point is no one really knows but, many are quick to apportion blame.

The council have gone quiet and Anna Firth, no slouch in patting her own back, has seemingly lost her voice.

We do not have the right to know what is going on. I used to be a regular customer at Woolworths but, I was not privy to their decisions on business strategy.

I, like all of you, want this sale concluded as soon as possible. Unfortunately I have no option but to wait for the major players in this affair to speak up. Unjust or unfair? Well that is life.
Unfortunately this is a pusillanimous position and one of acquiescence I find sad that anyone would hold.

Your analogy with Woolworths is so off the mark for multiple reasons. If, for a moment, we accept your implication that Southend united is just another company, then your example would suggest that you would never shop at anywhere other than Woolworths. Of course we know that, should Woolworths at any point not provide you with the service you required, or say stocked something against your morals, you'd go elsewhere. Again, in the corporate world, the first thing you learn about regarding threats and risks to businesses, is that stakeholders are critical to your survival. If Woolworths were to ignore things the public and their customers hold important, such as child labour transparency, gender pay gap, environmental impacts or even local matters such as not communicating about their store parking fine policies etc, they'd face a backlash. So even in that case, their customer's might not have a right to know, but it would be remiss, to the point of an existential threat, not to communicate.

In the legal sense, football clubs are just any other company. But that's why dodgy owners are able to get off "plc" free and points deductions and the like are thrown down upon clubs. I'm sure you are as up in arms at points punishments as the next football fan. Whilst that doesn't relate to information sharing, it shows how your shoulder shrug of "oh well, we're just customers" is against your own interests.

Were it the case that it's recognised that we can't just go elsewhere, and football club's are far more important than private companies and in fact no other industry operates on such a loss making scale, then it would be acknowledged we very much have a right to know about the going concern of the club.

Of course, your comparison completely falls flat on it's face with the fact many of us fans are actually shareholders. So in a legal sense, we really do have a right to know what the potential majority share holders are planning!

Unfortunately this is a pusillanimous position and one of acquiescence I find sad that anyone would hold.

Your analogy with Woolworths is so off the mark for multiple reasons. If, for a moment, we accept your implication that Southend united is just another company, then your example would suggest that you would never shop at anywhere other than Woolworths. Of course we know that, should Woolworths at any point not provide you with the service you required, or say stocked something against your morals, you'd go elsewhere. Again, in the corporate world, the first thing you learn about regarding threats and risks to businesses, is that stakeholders are critical to your survival. If Woolworths were to ignore things the public and their customers hold important, such as child labour transparency, gender pay gap, environmental impacts or even local matters such as not communicating about their store parking fine policies etc, they'd face a backlash. So even in that case, their customer's might not have a right to know, but it would be remiss, to the point of an existential threat, not to communicate.

In the legal sense, football clubs are just any other company. But that's why dodgy owners are able to get off "plc" free and points deductions and the like are thrown down upon clubs. I'm sure you are as up in arms at points punishments as the next football fan. Whilst that doesn't relate to information sharing, it shows how your shoulder shrug of "oh well, we're just customers" is against your own interests.

Were it the case that it's recognised that we can't just go elsewhere, and football club's are far more important than private companies and in fact no other industry operates on such a loss making scale, then it would be acknowledged we very much have a right to know about the going concern of the club.

Of course, your comparison completely falls flat on it's face with the fact many of us fans are actually shareholders. So in a legal sense, we really do have a right to know what the potential majority share holders are planning!

pusillanimous?

tom-hanks-sips-tea-1.gif

Being a football fan is not reasonable or sensible. Being a fan of a club like ours definitely isn’t.

It’s irrational and based on emotion not common sense. So when you’ve been through what we have it makes sense that things get a little bit crazy and emotions run high.

Like I said in my previous post it will be great when we can channel that craziness into team selections, transfers (remember them?), formations, cup draws etc etc

From a distant I’ve actually been impressed how disparate views and demographics have largely come together. I have non Southend supporting mates who marvel at the crowds we get despite everything, and when they saw our game on TV v Chesterfield marveled at the atmosphere.

So let’s not be too hard on ourselves and hopefully start to look forward for better times ahead.

Kieran Maguire asking RM to do the right thing and quicker on POF podcast. Said he’d rather trust a snake. Said statement from JR mentioned DD still going on so he mustn’t have read it carefully 🤦🏼

Firstly, you bring into question my courage and then suggest I'm a meek little lamb accepting my fate. Well despite your attempt to sound like Leonard Sachs, these are not The Good Old Days, and all the heroic posturing will do sweet FA.

Secondly, my analogy with Woolworths is correct. It is clear you do not acknowledge the genuine affection this country had for the store and it upset a great deal more people than the demise of SUFC would. I chose Woolworths because it was an institution that people were passionate about and yet could do nothing to save it. 30,000 staff dumped. The loons at the top made bad decisions and the rest is history. A clear comparison for me.

Finally, you are a shareholder. I suspect you do not own 25% of shares or more so can't block special resolutions? Perhaps you feel you can ignore Director powers that allow them to run the business at their discretion as long as they act for the benefit of the company? Prove they don't. Minority shareholders have , often, more rights than they realise but SUFC is not unique in being opaque. In fact your impotence as a shareholder highlights my point that what will be, will be .

Did Ron come to you and ask your permission to sell the club or to whom? No. So you just have to accept it as I do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back