• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to the Southend protest group!
Once again you have come up trumps.
I just wonder where we would be without you?
No demo's
No Marches
No game protests
No protests at the Munster manor.
And excellent posts and questions to those in control.
Where were the Shrimpers Trust in all this?
Other than of course their board continuing to keep secret information from the members and even lending Mr Martin £40,000 without member knowledge or support.
The loan not a signed and sealed agreement other than the infamous Mr Martin "my word is my bond".
Still of course the money is outstanding with no known repayment agreement date.
Is it time for a more progressive and challenging supporter group rather than the cosy up to the chairman and consortium that we currently have?
At least those of us that feel the owners of the club should be held to account and scrutiny would have in my opinion a choice of who we join.
No words for nonsense posts like this.

The Shrimpers Trust and the protest group have worked together for many months along with other supporter groups. All of that work, whether it has been lobbying MPs, working with legal representatives to explore fan ownership, working in the background to learn more about the 'group' companies to inform potential buyers, rallying outside of Ron's house, raising publicity through national media, supporting unpaid staff, liaising with potential owners on issues the fans would like resolved, the list goes on and on.

Protests and paperwork have gone hand in hand to help us get the result we want here. It has been a pincer movement. Never forget that, and ignore the few who want to sow division between the fans.

Here's an idea Old William and Texas Eslan why don't you both either get a room or bore off and take your petty love in elsewhere.
You're both taking up too much valuable space.
Good times ahead

Protests and paperwork have gone hand in hand to help us get the result we want here. It has been a pincer movement. Never forget that, and ignore the few who want to sow division between the fans.
Absolutely agreed.

I recall a particular @basilrobbie of Blackpool said it took years of cooperation between protesters and work behind the scenes from the Supporters Trust to get rid of their own dreadful owner.

I also recall he said it would take our efforts combined to achieve any meaningful change.

I have lots of respect for our protest group, having spent time outside Ron's with them, great guys with massive passion for our club. My time spent at the rat's nest pales in comparison to the core protest group, they turned up time and time again to ensure he never had an easy ride.

I also have great respect for those working in the background to inform MPs of our situation, get word out in Parliament, getting the local council to pay attention, and much more. Fans have contributed towards supporting our staff with a hardship fund, which took effort to set up and relied on the generosity of our fanbase. All the while, some fans have also looked into the possible future and how we may have a real say in SUFC going forward.

This has been a team effort. Remove any piece of the puzzle, and we would not be so close to a brighter future. I'd really like to see this concluded ASAP now, taken long enough!

For goodness sake, we get the most positive news in bloody ages and people are bickering here and STILL digging out the Trust on Twitter!

Juvenile behaviour not befitting the significance of the statement that says Those words are banned is actually complete - something which was probably the biggest hurdle in all of this. I despair of some of our supporters, I really do.

Let's look forward with real hope!

All of which will be irrelevant when the takeover completes, which it will, in the coming couple of weeks. Whatever Ron’s been up to, he’s on his own.
I asked you before but still waiting for an answer from you, so I’ll ask you again, What have I said so far that I’ve been wrong about, please tell me?

I said all along he’ll mess Kimura about and won’t sell to them.

I said there won’t be any sale completion and FA approval before Christmas.

I said he’ll do the same to this consortium too. First it was going to be the 1st November, then the 17th and then by the end of the month.

Now we get another statement on the 5th December saying the DD is complete but still no completion date.

Do you not find it a slight coincidence that on the day the protests were starting up again there’s a statement that suddenly pops up? How many times has Ron done that before when a protest is planned for a Saturday, then sure enough, Friday night we get a statement from Ron saying everything is fine, we’ll pay the debt and we’ll be in our shimmy new stadium next year!

I’m not knocking Justin and the consortium one bit, he seems like a very decent and honourable guy and as I said they are only going on what Ron is telling them and promising them.

However, if you still believe that Ron will do the right thing for this football club then that’s up to you. You carry on with your sarcastic comments and laughing emojis at me, To be honest, I would have expected better from a staff member on here, but there you go!

I asked you before but still waiting for an answer from you, so I’ll ask you again, What have I said so far that I’ve been wrong about, please tell me?

I said he’ll do the same to this consortium too. First it was going to be the 1st November, then the 17th and then by the end of the month.

Now we get another statement on the 5th December saying the DD is complete but still no completion date.

Do you not find it a slight coincidence that on the day the protests were starting up again there’s a statement that suddenly pops up? How many times has Ron done that before when a protest is planned for a Saturday, then sure enough, Friday night we get a statement from Ron saying everything is fine, we’ll pay the debt and we’ll be in our shimmy new stadium next year!

I’m not knocking Justin and the consortium one bit, he seems like a very decent and honourable guy and as I said they are only going on what Ron is telling them and promising them.

However, if you still believe that Ron will do the right thing for this football club then that’s up to you. You carry on with your sarcastic comments and laughing emojis at me, To be honest, I would have expected better from a staff member on here, but there you go!
RM must understand the ferocity of the fans if he reneges on this deal, right?

Do you know the workings of the leagal team Contracts have to be signed off before any compltion date can be put into action .On my own exsperances leagal bods can take anthing from one week or one month .So now we have been told D D has been completed its only a matter of time before we have new owners .Dont knock it things will work in our favor soon .

A new day, and still the point scoring rolls on. I get that those that are dubious about this latest news desperately want to be proved right. Well, maybe you will, or maybe you won't, but at least have a little decency to wait a while and see, or you could keeping spoiling others cornflakes with the constant stream of doom.

Came on here after reading the statement a few hours ago, hoping to see some unity. Bloody hell guys I get that it's not done (I'm still a teeny bit sceptical myself) but can't we all focus on who the real enemy is aka ratface. He's laughing his head off at you lot bickering. The only way we will succeed is together. So **** off fighting who triggered the statement and **** off the doom mongers. Up the ****ing blues!

Congratulations to the Southend protest group!
Once again you have come up trumps.
I just wonder where we would be without you?
No demo's
No Marches
No game protests
No protests at the Munster manor.
And excellent posts and questions to those in control.
Where were the Shrimpers Trust in all this?
Other than of course their board continuing to keep secret information from the members and even lending Mr Martin £40,000 without member knowledge or support.
The loan not a signed and sealed agreement other than the infamous Mr Martin "my word is my bond".
Still of course the money is outstanding with no known repayment agreement date.
Is it time for a more progressive and challenging supporter group rather than the cosy up to the chairman and consortium that we currently have?
At least those of us that feel the owners of the club should be held to account and scrutiny would have in my opinion a choice of who we join.
Saturday night just gone my wife and I had some friends over for dinner. Two couples, who decided (annoyingly) to bring most of their kids with them. So, whilst we ate the kids had pizza in the family room.

After pizza the kids literally ran riot round our house. At one point one of the kids (Josh) came running down the stairs and shouted, "So-and-so has broken your shower curtain, but don't worry I fixed it".

His dad was really embarrassed for both obvious reasons, but I pointed out to him that the "it's all broken, but don't worry I saved the day" attitude is exactly what you'd expect from kids their age.

Through out this sorry saga there are certain posters on here that I’ve followed their every word (within reason). One of those is yourself. I don’t know who you are but you clearly are well connected either at the club or within the FA based on your knowledge and TBF you havnt got much wrong. For that reason your last paragraph worries me the most. Are you suggesting that in your opinion the deal won’t happen or go through? Amongst all the positivity your posts over the last few days have been less so. Respect your views so just wondering if you see this going wrong? If so where would that leave the club?

Overall, this is great news. I still want to see it completed before I get a glass, but this is a big step there. Let’s hope the legal and procedural work doesn’t throw any spanner’s in Ron’s world.

Well done to the protest group. I suspect this was happening, but you helped get some clarity. Well done the trust as I’m sure you’ve been working on this behind the scenes. Well done the other supporters groups. I’m sure you’ve been helping and advising these groups amongst other things. And well done all supporters, not a focal part of any of these groups, like myself. 8000 for home games probably helps the consortium think it’s all worth it.

I see these dates banded about a lot, but let's be honest here. Yes, originally we were told hopefully it would be by 1st November, but as far as I'm aware, there was no mention of it being completed by 17th November, this was the date of the AGM, so it was never going to be completed on the same day as that!!

Then a consortium member mentioned it "might" happen by the end of November - but it wasn't set in stone.

Therefore the only date we were given was 1st November, and rightly so IMO, we were not given another one.

The Shrimpers Trust and the protest group have worked together for many months along with other supporter groups. All of that work, whether it has been lobbying MPs, working with legal representatives to explore fan ownership, working in the background to learn more about the 'group' companies to inform potential buyers, rallying outside of Ron's house, raising publicity through national media, supporting unpaid staff, liaising with potential owners on issues the fans would like resolved, the list goes on and on.

Exactly - so much has gone on behind the scenes that people don’t realise from organized groups to secret WhatsApp conversations between people. I’ll save my longer piece for another day when things have calmed down

Exactly - so much has gone on behind the scenes that people don’t realise from organized groups to secret WhatsApp conversations between people. I’ll save my longer piece for another day when things have calmed down
can't wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back