• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for the protest people to claim they’re responsible for the speed up of Those words are banned…fwiw, I highly doubt you are…
Is this smugness re. protesting/not protesting really still going on? What does anybody gain?

It hilarious the moaning from some and the protest lovers giving themselves fellatio for something that could be coincidence. It is positive, move forward and we can hopefully all concerntrate on the one thing we all agree on and that is the fact that we are all shrimpers, all passionate and all hopefully going to get what we deserve and that is a decent owner

Is this smugness re. protesting/not protesting really still going on? What does anybody gain?
Yeah, it just needs to stop. All the supporters groups have played their roles. The protest group doing the more public-facing work, and others necessarily working on other things behind the scenes. No-one is more important than anybody else and the differe t approaches have complemented each other well to create a big and broad fan-led effort.

The protest groups statement was largely fair and well-timed, and the timing of the consortium's statement is undoubtedly a result of it, but I can see why Justin was cautious about releasing a statement beforehand and doesn't want to overpromise.

Not asking you to reveal specifics such as a particular company/club etc, but what type of skeleton is this costing this value?

I.e. Its surely not an energy bill, or money owed to a club of a player we've signed where payment is due over a number of seasons etc
Ron is up to his eye balls in a staggering amount of debt, which he’s tried his hardest to hide from the consortium and other prospective buyers.

As I said previously, the consortium will just be another casualty of Ron’s lies and promises, just like Kimura, PG Site Services and others were before them I’m afraid!

Last edited:
Maybe my comments are unnecessary but I just feel like some people are so quick to jump on a protest bandwagon when it’s not needed. Seems people just want to spend a few hours being a nuisance and causing trouble like they get a kick out of it.

If this statement is a result of the protest group statement, then fair enough but like others have said, a significant milestone was reached today and that is worthy of a statement in itself.

Ron is up to his eye balls in staggering amount of debt, which he’s tried his hardest to hide from the consortium and other prospective buyers.

As I said previously, the consortium will just be another casualty of Ron’s lies and promises, just like Kimura, PG Site Services and others were before them I’m afraid!
And the statement from JR today?

Ron is up to his eye balls in staggering amount of debt, which he’s tried his hardest to hide from the consortium and other prospective buyers.

I'd be surprised if they didn't have suspicions that he's in more debt personally than he'll ever let on but I suppose the counter-argument to that is, unless that debt is on the club's books (which it isn't), would it matter that much?

No I haven’t - not my thing. I don’t judge people who protest, just can’t personally see the benefit all the time. At one point, I think they were needed but this evening was not the time.
Your earlier post clearly did just that with a smarmy little sarcastic dig it seems so let's not try and play all innocent.

To all those who gave up their time, money and energy to protest through the high st and outside the 🐀 well done, because i truly believe that if we'd all sat behind our keyboards the 🐀 would have tried to tell us all he tried to sell but nobody wants a football club rubbish (like his ridiculous talksport interview) whilst making millions on FF and RH in the meantime.

You can tell your grandchildren this story which will hopefully give them strength to stand up to tyrants like the 🐀.

I'd be surprised if they didn't have suspicions that he's in more debt personally than he'll ever let on but I suppose the counter-argument to that is, unless that debt is on the club's books (which it isn't), would it matter that much?
Not if the agreement on the £20m was also independent of that debt.

Wait and see.

If I was the consortium I would speak to the FA about exactly what Ron’s been up to.

They should also be asking why Ron’s been avoiding calls and correspondence from the FA and their legal team, despite the FA’s best efforts to get hold of Ron, but as usual when the heats on, Ron goes AWOL

Do NOT trust Ron!

Your earlier post clearly did just that with a smarmy little sarcastic dig it seems so let's not try and play all innocent.

To all those who gave up their time, money and energy to protest through the high st and outside the 🐀 well done, because i truly believe that if we'd all sat behind our keyboards the 🐀 would have tried to tell us all he tried to sell but nobody wants a football club rubbish (like his ridiculous talksport interview) whilst making millions on FF and RH in the meantime.

You can tell your grandchildren this story which will hopefully give them strength to stand up to tyrants like the 🐀.
To clarify I don’t judge them at all. They can do it, I just don’t want to get involved myself.

But your comments seem to judge those who don’t protest?

Let’s just agree that the statements is a) great timing and b) great news

Waiting for the protest people to claim they’re responsible for the speed up of Those words are banned…fwiw, I highly doubt you are…
I doubt they will claim they are responsible for the speed up of Those words are banned but do you really think it is a happy coincidence that we get an update after more protests were arranged ? My thanks go to those who were willing to go to Benfleet Road tonight - true supporters.

I doubt they will claim they are responsible for the speed up of Those words are banned but do you really think it is a happy coincidence that we get on update after more protests were arranged ? My thanks go to those who were willing to go to Benfleet Road tonight - true supporters.
I give up. Seriously saying that I’m not a true supporter? Anyone who knows me would say that’s untrue.

I don’t disagree that the protestors statement didn’t help speed up, but not responsible for DD finishing. That’s all I’m saying

I give up. Seriously saying that I’m not a true supporter? Anyone who knows me would say that’s untrue.

I don’t disagree that the protestors statement didn’t help speed up, but not responsible for DD finishing. That’s all I’m saying
Where did I say or infer that ? Just thanking those willing to go to Benfleet Road tonight.

Arrrrgh - We finally get a positive statement from the Consortium and then spend the next hour arguing the toss about who was responsible for them publishing now. As @Medway Blue says, it was the work of all the supporter parties involved. Some had more visible impact than others, but they all count. For what it's worth Mrs RHB and I spent our time up at Rat Manor on all of the occasions we were called to do so, so did many others on here, and we made new mates as a result. But for now, I'm not fussed at all how we got the statement, the really important thing is we got one, so thanks to all that contributed.

FFS people, life is too short to keep on with comparing gonad size based on point scoring, just be grateful that we are now at this stage of the deal and we can now breath easier a little longer until it is over the line and the Rat exterminated.

Up the Shrimpers!!

Echo post this evening:
The consortium wishes to provide an update on our planned purchase of Southend United.

We are pleased to report that our Those words are banned has completed and that the last of the outstanding matters between Ron Martin and the consortium have now been resolved.

Although there is still some legal and procedural work to be done, we are hopeful that the deal can be brought to closure shortly.

We will provide a confirmation of the exact completion date once it is locked in, and in parallel we will work with HMRC and the National League to arrange for the lifting of the transfer embargo on the day the takeover is finalised. We understand the frustrations of everyone associated with Southend United that the takeover has taken longer to complete than we originally estimated, however Those words are banned had raised some important issues which we required further time to work through.

We thank-you for your patience and look forward to seeing you all at a packed Roots Hall very soon!

Reactions: jnl
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back