• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there’s just legal work, a good legal team would provide an estimate. They could say ‘We don’t want to stick to a time frame but we hope to do it in X amount of time’.
Frankly that's talking fantasy. I'm currently reaching a commercial legal agreement with another party. Our lawyers have drafted the agreement, (which has involved some back and forth), it's sitting with their lawyers and could be signed this week or after Christmas based on nuances of the details. There are far too many variables in law for anything that isn't a standard contract and with Christmas looming the potential time framework can easily add a further couple of weeks.

Based on Ron’s track record, my best guess would be, he panicked about the protests starting up again tonight, so probably told the consortium what they wanted to hear and agreed to any final terms, but will go back on his word when it comes to signing the club over!
NO his up to his neck in his own mess

Based on Ron’s track record, my best guess would be, he panicked about the protests starting up again tonight, so probably told the consortium what they wanted to hear and agreed to any final terms, but will go back on his word when it comes to signing the club over!
He panicked over a few people coming over to his house… really?
The man is self promoting, doing interviews in the Daily Mail about himself and the ownership of the club.
Then his going to lie to the buyers because 20-30 people might stand outside his house for a couple of hours, don’t think so.

Then, also, may I add are you just going to assume the consortium are not clever enough to see through any potential ploy as you mentioned which Ron may play and just release the statement as he demands..

Last edited:
Wait and see.
If I was the consortium I would speak to the FA about exactly what Ron’s been up to.
They should also be asking why Ron’s been avoiding calls and correspondence from the FA and their legal team, despite the FA’s best efforts to get hold of Ron, but as usual when the heats on, Ron goes AWOL
Do NOT trust Ron!
Unless your a member of the F.A (?), how would you know if this was fact?. And please don't say you're sworn to secrecy.
Imo it's not the F.A. who should ( if true ) be investigating what 'The Rat's' been up to, but the HMRC & the OB?.

If there’s just legal work, a good legal team would provide an estimate. They could say ‘We don’t want to stick to a time frame but we hope to do it in X amount of time’.

There is little difference between this statement and any of Ron’s statements in the past where he’s promised to pay taxes and get rid of embargo’s.
Oh go and support Leeds lol

Do we need to know what the final things that got things done .Really the only thing that we need know is It's final almost done And our club can final move on The embargo will be lifted Plays that gave blood sweat and tears can be given contacts The three amigos can have new contacts Then next season push on to get out of this league.

Congratulations to the Southend protest group!
Once again you have come up trumps.
I just wonder where we would be without you?
No demo's
No Marches
No game protests
No protests at the Munster manor.
And excellent posts and questions to those in control.
Where were the Shrimpers Trust in all this?
Other than of course their board continuing to keep secret information from the members and even lending Mr Martin £40,000 without member knowledge or support.
The loan not a signed and sealed agreement other than the infamous Mr Martin "my word is my bond".
Still of course the money is outstanding with no known repayment agreement date.
Is it time for a more progressive and challenging supporter group rather than the cosy up to the chairman and consortium that we currently have?
At least those of us that feel the owners of the club should be held to account and scrutiny would have in my opinion a choice of who we join.

stop whinging. its a positive statement. everyone has been calling for an update. we get a f'ing decent update and you still arent happy. JR and the consortium arent going to give a date in case it slips a bit again.
I’m not sure he’s winging I’d suggest he is giving his opinion like we are all entitled to do .. factually his thoughts are pretty spot on with some of what he/she has said

Thanks Justin - that’s exactly what I was asking for in my earlier post :Thumbs up: Not that Justin is reading this of course, I’m just saying I’m really pleased with the statement.

The line saying Those words are banned is complete and all issues with the rats resolved is a massive bonus - obviously! Some people wouldn’t be satisfied with Miss World on a stick, dipped in chocolate, especially the professional stirrers :Moon:.

Wait and see.

If I was the consortium I would speak to the FA about exactly what Ron’s been up to.

They should also be asking why Ron’s been avoiding calls and correspondence from the FA and their legal team, despite the FA’s best efforts to get hold of Ron, but as usual when the heats on, Ron goes AWOL

Do NOT trust Ron!
All of which will be irrelevant when the takeover completes, which it will, in the coming couple of weeks. Whatever Ron’s been up to, he’s on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back