• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they've been cleared by Ron then I'd take that as a positive sign deal is very close to being completed
I am 99% sur that Ron as finaly seen the light .And he is now clearing the debts he has amassed .And the est will be swapped for shares on friday nights meeting .And the rest of the shares will be taken up by the concortium .

You have to understand this is a man without empathy. His goal and always has been his only goal in life is money regardless of who it effects, Do not think for one minute anything he is doing is in the favour of our club.

He is a man without morals and would **** over his mother if it meant he earn't money from the deal.

Yeah, but apart from that he's a nice bloke...

:Smile:

I know it isn't the meat of the matter, but 1 to 3 years to redevelop Roots Hall. A much smaller timeframe than I imagined.
yes i thought that, although it depends on what the redevelopment entails. May not be complete rebuild. East stand must be a rebuild and maybe the North but West maybe upgrade facilities, new seating and roof. either way cant wait to see plans

Reactions: jnl
yes i thought that, although it depends on what the redevelopment entails. May not be complete rebuild. East stand must be a rebuild and maybe the North but West maybe upgrade facilities, new seating and roof. either way cant wait to see plans
I’d be surprised if any refurb included a new roof on the north or west. With it containing asbestos, that would be incredibly costly. Although it would of course be great to get rid of those pillars!

I’d be surprised if any refurb included a new roof on the north or west. With it containing asbestos, that would be incredibly costly. Although it would of course be great to get rid of those pillars!

It's very expensive to do that. Is it possible to build a new roof that covers above and below with better lighting and sounds system etc.

Did the consortium not say the debts have to be cleared by Ron .They did not want to be saddled with debts owed by him .
I think certain debts- i.e it would have to be agreed what woukf be paid and what wouldn't. obviously the bulk of the debts are not being paid by Ron, rather the consortium are taking them on (£2m or whatever it is). But it may have been agreed that all salaries would be paid up to date.

Oi, behave, there's nothing wrong with a pillar as part of the West Stand outlook, I'd be lost with out one and have spent far too long getting a seat where I can see both goal mouths without having to crank my neck to a right angle. You can get used to that if you try. :Smile2:

Complete refurbishment of the west stand facilities will be near top of priorities I would bet
Nothing major but activity in and around the West Stand Bar this afternoom. Two vans, 1 3.5ton flatbed and a white Transit. Neither had company logos etc on them and unfortunately i missed what was on the back of the flatbed. But something is clearly being upgraded, replaced, enhanced... New fridges etc., perhaps for Leigh Brewery?

So they want to keep east as it is very disappointing. Thought they would do a lot at back of west to
Let's just be grateful we still have a club and a stadium to play in. We nearly were a phoenix club with no stadium and no owners and probably no team to support.

We've not been taken over by billionaires who don't care about severe losses. We need to curb our expectations regarding improvements a little. Let's face it, any positive changes are better than what we have. The new center circle lounge is a perfect example of that. To expect a total demolition and rebuild and the costs that would inflict, is pure fantasy for us at this stage.

at the moment getting a roothall face lift although important .In time we will all know what is going to happen .First things first .New contracts for the three amigos .New contracts for the players who have played for months without one .Then give kevin a buget to bring in players after the embargo has gone .Then eny rebuild can wait untill the close season .

Nothing major but activity in and around the West Stand Bar this afternoom. Two vans, 1 3.5ton flatbed and a white Transit. Neither had company logos etc on them and unfortunately i missed what was on the back of the flatbed. But something is clearly being upgraded, replaced, enhanced... New fridges etc., perhaps for Leigh Brewery?
I did hear the family stand bar will be open again on Saturday, sounds like other works are going on aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back