• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
So basicly the rat at the helm is doing his damdest to do as much damage as he can before he leaves the club .That is what he does best destory what he beleves he put together .Or as was said by matt slater he is the hardest person he has ever met .

So basicly the rat at the helm is doing his damdest to do as much damage as he can before he leaves the club .That is what he does best destory what he beleves he put together .Or as was said by matt slater he is the hardest person he has ever met .

Where has that come from?

I don’t believe that to be the case. He certainly isn’t the easiest person to deal with, he isn’t the quickest to get information from and so forth, but I don’t think he is doing anything actively to cause any damage on his way out.

Where has that come from?

I don’t believe that to be the case. He certainly isn’t the easiest person to deal with, he isn’t the quickest to get information from and so forth, but I don’t think he is doing anything actively to cause any damage on his way out.
Maybe I just don't trust the man But I will react what I said And just hope goes soon

I can no longer read the echo articles, even on incognito mode. Can someone please copy and paste the article?
TWO members of the consortium close to buying Southend United have expressed their excitement for the future of the club.

Gary Lockett and John Watson were both speaking at a well-attended Blues’ business club.

And Lockett is hopeful the transaction can be completed by the end of the month.

“The plans are exciting,” Lockett told those gathered at the Launchpad Southend.

“It won’t be happening this week but hopefully this month.

“It’s exciting and we’re optimistic.”

Lockett is also part of the current board at Blues but will be staying on in the group headed up by Justin Rees.

And Watson, who like Lockett is a lifelong Shrimpers fan, is proud to be playing a part.

“It’s a privilege to involved,” said Watson.

“It’s virtually there and it will happen.

“We see ourselves as custodians of the club and sustainability is the most important thing moving forward.

“The consortium’s strength is its diverse set of skills.

“It’s not a dictatorship and we won’t all agree on everything.

“But we will make decisions collectively for the good of the club.”

The Shrimpers have been hit by huge financial issues in recent seasons and came extremely close to being wound up in the summer following another winding up petition from HMRC.

But the consortium are eager to secure a bright future for Blues and that will include developing Roots Hall.

“The development of Roots Hall has to happen,” said Watson.

“It will take one to three years and only then can we become sustainable.

“Up until then it’s a labour of love and damage limitation really.

“It’s vital and a game changer for the future and legacy of the club.”

The consortium are expected to make another key step towards purchasing the club at Friday’s EGM.

Echosport confirmed earlier this week what else must happen for the deal to be completed.

Just an FYI. Kieran Maguire on POF podcast has been messaged by a ‘secret shrimper’ who is part of consortium saying deal close ‘sooner rather than later’ and very positive. From the latest pod circa 37mins in. Not a lot more to it than that, but worthy of note. Praised the fans and CP too. Nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back