• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron Martin is listed as subject on tomorrow’s Price Of Football podcast. Not spoke about us for a few weeks, wonder what’s gone on there?
Randomly was asking a question from a fan about would RM get his debt back if putting club in admin. Felt like travelling back in time a month and a half. Nowt to see hear.

Hope it goes ahead but selfishly can wait till Tuesday. Got Peter kay tickets over a year ago trust happens to be on potentially biggest day in club’s history

Like most things Southend related it’s bound to drag on past the 17th .
my personal view is it will be early December, nothing goes to schedule with our club. 🤞

on hearing mark slaters coments .He feel we have nothing to worry about .And if he doesnt know no one will .Also this story of george jioning the concortium .Many peple was worried about this .Mark said this may well be a good thing as he can put some of his welth into the pot .And from what ive heard he has plentof money to help the club along So the short of it is the take over will happen quite soon .

on hearing mark slaters coments .He feel we have nothing to worry about .And if he doesnt know no one will .Also this story of george jioning the concortium .Many peple was worried about this .Mark said this may well be a good thing as he can put some of his welth into the pot .And from what ive heard he has plentof money to help the club along So the short of it is the take over will happen quite soon .
Matt slater said the same

Transfer embargo, new ownership dragging on, its killing this season. My god how many years has it been since we werent under a transfer embargo?
I'm going along on Saturday to support the lads but knowing we've little chance of three points.
Actually in a league with no transfer windows to worry about, what a waste of an opportunity.

Transfer embargo, new ownership dragging on, its killing this season. My god how many years has it been since we werent under a transfer embargo?
I'm going along on Saturday to support the lads but knowing we've little chance of three points.
Actually in a league with no transfer windows to worry about, what a waste of an opportunity.
Agreed. The only glimmer of hope is next season we should say goodbye to Chesterfield who are and will be runaway Champions. So with a proper pre-season, no embargo or off-field crap. We should hopefully be well placed to make an assault on the title 2024/25. That is where I am at anyway. Whatever will be will be this season.

Hi all, all seems to be very quiet. Yesterday on the pitch was a disappointing result but this week is so much more than any football match. so question is, will the takeover happen Friday as planned? I’ve not seen anything to suggest it won’t but nothing concrete to say it will. Anyone ITK got confidence one way or the other? Ticket sales already good fir Saturday. If we get good news Friday RH will be bouncing Saturday even more than usual
:LoyalSupporter: 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞:LoyalSupporter:
download (1).jpg

Won’t be finished this week, but the only good thing on our side is that the National League transfer window doesn’t close, and we’re coming up to January in which the EFLs window does open and clubs will be moving players around. Meaning we should be able to recruit and make a big push in the second half of the season, it definitely probably won’t be automatic promotion (how this league still only has one of these spots is beyond me), but hopefully a strong push in the playoffs or a strong start of building for next season will be in place.

Agreed. The only glimmer of hope is next season we should say goodbye to Chesterfield who are and will be runaway Champions. So with a proper pre-season, no embargo or off-field crap. We should hopefully be well placed to make an assault on the title 2024/25. That is where I am at anyway. Whatever will be will be this season.
its allready been said we will almost sure we will still be a natinal leauge side next season . But with the right bobys in the summer like wrexham we could be up there at the top next season .

Not the way to look at it. First it was Stockport (and Grimsby), then last season Wrexham and Notts County, and now it is Chesterfield. We can’t take the attitude of “let’s get rid of these sides because then we will get a good run at it next season.”No, because next year it will be someone like Oldham or Hartlepool or even Tranmere.
We have got to believe we are good enough to go up THIS season, and realistically the play-offs are very reachable. Still 81 points to play for. Think positive!

Not the way to look at it. First it was Stockport (and Grimsby), then last season Wrexham and Notts County, and now it is Chesterfield. We can’t take the attitude of “let’s get rid of these sides because then we will get a good run at it next season.”No, because next year it will be someone like Oldham or Hartlepool or even Tranmere.
We have got to believe we are good enough to go up THIS season, and realistically the play-offs are very reachable. Still 81 points to play for. Think positive!
I was talking more about the off field stuff, but yes getting rid of Chesterfield won't be a bad thing either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back