• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that Scunthorpe United have now brought their ground from their previous owner. The company who have purchased Glanford Park, is a "non for profit" organisation. Why is everything connected with Southend such hard work? Yes I know, Martin, Martin and all shades of Martin!
As ive said before, the likes of Scunny werent looking to build a 16000 seater stadium. Dealing with Ron was never going to be straight forward but FF was always likely to be a fly in the ointment. issue now is we arent just dealing with one rat in the family but now two.

This has always been the case. He's dragged his feet the whole way through. It was the first sign to me that he doesn't particularly want to sell, and likely wouldn't have done without his family and Jack's associated companies applying the pressure.

Second sign was use of the royal "we" when talking to shareholders at the EGM. "We're hoping to sign 3 players", "we're going to have a temporary fanzone at Roots Hall", etc. He believes that it's a partnership, despite the fact that he won't own SUFC anymore, and he honestly believes he's done us and the new owners a favour and "gifted" the club. Delusional. Almost like he's trying to convince himself that it's not really happening and that he hasn't lost.
Exactly this! He is the epitome of a Narcissist, nothing can happen without him believing he is the controller of his and worryingly others destiny. Sometimes to circumvent the obstacles a Narcissist creates you have to let them think their fantasy is the reality and that needs patience and a strong constitution to ride it out.

Fully agree, with the consortium having already kept the club afloat.
There is just no urgency on the 🐀 part to rush to part with the club. Although the buyers are trying to burrow through the 🐀 **** to identify any potential 🐀 nests.
I personally can’t see anything being concluded this year and there will be more money needed.
when will the consortium say enough is enough now.
I know they have already heavily invested in our club, but the time can’t be far away before they walk. And in all honesty who could blame them.
Unfortunately Ron’s still not being completely honest with the consortium with regards to some of his past business dealings and transactions.

I’m sure Ron and Jack are trying their hardest though to hide it away from the DD so it’s not discovered by the consortium.

Unfortunately Ron’s still not being completely honest with the consortium with regards to some of his past business dealings and transactions.

I’m sure Ron and Jack are trying their hardest though to hide it away from the DD so it’s not discovered by the consortium.

I assume you mean things that are directly related to the club/takeover and as such will have a potential bearing on HoT's being signed off unless there is ground given by the 🐀 🐀

Why do people honestly say "it's close" when it's so evident you haven't got a clue.

The rubbish some people spout on this site is staggering. We're now in December, gone too easy on Ron and as a result he's still in charge.

There surely must be a reason someone else is paying the wages before taking full control.

I certainly can't think of one.

The only scenario I can think is players and team have threatened to walk as a unit if they're not paid again on time. As a result Ron has claimed he can't pay the wages on time so Justin or whoever has come in to ensure what they're buying is still of any value.

This unfortunately places Ron in such a strong position, can continue to negotiate as if he has a hand to play.

The protests outside his house have simply got to restart at the earliest opportunity until this is over the line

Last edited:
We are in December now and there still isn't any news regarding the takeover, just rumours! Time for the consortium to put out statement to give fans information what is going on. Doesn't have to be every bit of detail but there needs to be transparency and honesty towards the fanbase.

iF rat jr has got involved Cant daddy speak for him self Od does he need the little boy to hold his hand Sad little man .

The issue is that the company who’ll be paying the £20m isn’t in Ron’s control any more. He switched them to Jack in anticipation of retirement/his VAT fraud case going the wrong way/creditors catching up with him

I think the protests need to return to North London where Martin Junior resides....

Yep, we need to keep the pressure on.

Any protest can someone please PM me with time and location so I can try and join as well.

Why do people honestly say "it's close" when it's so evident you haven't got a clue.

The rubbish some people spout on this site is staggering. We're now in December, gone too easy on Ron and as a result he's still in charge.

There surely must be a reason someone else is paying the wages before taking full control.

The only scenario I can think is players and team have threatened to walk as a unit if they're not paid again on time. As a result Ron has claimed he can't pay the wages on time so Justin or whoever has come in to ensure what they're buying is still of any value.

This unfortunately places Ron in such a strong position, can continue to negotiate as if he has a hand to play.

The protests outside his house have simply got to restart at the earliest opportunity until this is over the line
Because they are all talking of the same little inner circle who aren’t really in the ‘inner circle’ the only person who knows when the sale will go though is Ron and Jack and no one is tapping them up

The consortium is mainly local businessmen that have supported Southend for a long time. Of course some of us will know one or maybe even two of them. They certainly won't tell us the ins and outs of the deal and negotiations. They are keeping everything they can between all of the consortium, the Martin's, and the legal teams.
There is no need for protests at this time. If this goes T's up because of the Martin's, Then protests should be bigger than ever, and I will be there.

You're saying others spout rubbish as they "haven't got a clue"
...then come up with "The only scenario I can think is"...which means you are also guessing as you haven't got a clue ? 🤔

Why is that little creep Ray jn involved .He hasnt been to a game in years .He lives in London .If the protesers want toi hit home .Maybe they shoud turn there start giving rons wife some grief .get to her just maybe it will get to ronald rat and rat jn Also maybe its time to contact Anna firth to put some pressure on rat man .

The consortium is mainly local businessmen that have supported Southend for a long time. Of course some of us will know one or maybe even two of them. They certainly won't tell us the ins and outs of the deal and negotiations. They are keeping everything they can between all of the consortium, the Martin's, and the legal teams.
There is no need for protests at this time. If this goes T's up because of the Martin's, Then protests should be bigger than ever, and I will be there.

Not looking for the ins and outs but if the Martin's are dragging their heels, I would expect this to be filtered through to the "in the knows" to remonstrate that more pressure needs to be put onto the Martins

You're saying others spout rubbish as they "haven't got a clue"
...then come up with "The only scenario I can think is"...which means you are also guessing as you haven't got a clue ? 🤔
Think you've done the work for me, I've quite clearly publicated that this is an opinion, not fact.

It's hardly subjectively speaking by stating "it's close".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back