• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
JS apparently has paid half of the electric bill, its be stated RM said he is the new owner now so should pay half , what has been said in FB that a statement will be made prior to the match on Saturday. We live in hope .
ho is J S I KNOW OF A R who is taking over the club.

Just a bit more patience guys. The worst period is over. Apparently they are tying up loose ends, and mainly making sure as much as they can that nothing the Martin's have hidden or do in the future can come back to bite them or the club.
I am quietly confident, or as much as you can be when it comes to anything involving the Martins, that we are close. Can't put a timescale on it. One good sign is that wages were paid, which I don't think would have happened this month without a frank discussion and some assurances that it will be over the line shortly. Another good sign will be if JR is there tomorrow.

Ron’s played yet another blinder.

He’s managed to get someone else to pay the wages every month, a large chunk of the tax bill and god knows what else, yet he still owns the club and lands.

He also doesn’t have the added worry of protests outside his house anymore every week. He must be rubbing his hands together right now.

He wouldn’t give a second thought to pulling the plug on the deal, blaming it on the other side and not paying a penny back to the consortium.

You won’t find a more ruthless and dishonest pair of men to do business with than Ron and Jack Martin!

As I said previously, I would be shocked if the sale was completed and FA approved before next year.

It has been stated the rat man has said J R has paid half the bill to EDF .as he is the new owner Does justin know of this .Or is it more smoke and mirrors by Rat man to deflect the fans of his case . o nce again he has opened his mouth is it more lies .

To be fair, as crippling to the playing side with the embargo is concerned, I'd rather them take the time to make sure the deal is done without any nasties in the background to crop up in the future.

We need a complete clean break from Ron and his rat meddling of the past, if it means we only have a bare 11 for a few more weeks then so be it. Its really about the future now and hopefully a bright new one. Completely get how everyone is frustrated, myself included because its an absolute miracle that Kev has managed to make us competitive with his hands tied, blindfolded and regularly winded by lycra rat.

As i have been lead to beleve Justin has ment to have sayd the 20 millons is not an issue And what the hell is Rat jr getting his snottie nose pocked into all this .

The Rat pays sweet FA these days, but i am sure he has a say with his son's dealings . He may be hiding cloak and dagger behind the scences but he was the one to originally set up the deals with the Dellals and borrowed money on land at the time when he was a director of certain companies. Jack was hardly out of nappies then it was so long ago.
£39 mill of debt has taken years to rack up.

His name might be off the paperwork but have no doubt he still controls things. It isn't anybody else making statements.
As Cricko posted yesterday there is still only one King 🐀 controlling the mischief, ironic that this word is also used to describe a group of 🐀x🐀 don't you think? Yes the name might be off the paperwork but his 💩 still all over it!

Ron’s played yet another blinder.

He’s managed to get someone else to pay the wages every month, a large chunk of the tax bill and god knows what else, yet he still owns the club and lands.

He also doesn’t have the added worry of protests outside his house anymore every week. He must be rubbing his hands together right now.

He wouldn’t give a second thought to pulling the plug on the deal, blaming it on the other side and not paying a penny back to the consortium.

You won’t find a more ruthless and dishonest pair of men to do business with than Ron and Jack Martin!

As I said previously, I would be shocked if the sale was completed and FA approved before next year.
Fully agree, with the consortium having already kept the club afloat.
There is just no urgency on the 🐀 part to rush to part with the club. Although the buyers are trying to burrow through the 🐀 **** to identify any potential 🐀 nests.
I personally can’t see anything being concluded this year and there will be more money needed.
when will the consortium say enough is enough now.
I know they have already heavily invested in our club, but the time can’t be far away before they walk. And in all honesty who could blame them.

I see that Scunthorpe United have now brought their ground from their previous owner. The company who have purchased Glanford Park, is a "non for profit" organisation. Why is everything connected with Southend such hard work? Yes I know, Martin, Martin and all shades of Martin!

There is just no urgency on the 🐀 part to rush to part with the club.
This has always been the case. He's dragged his feet the whole way through. It was the first sign to me that he doesn't particularly want to sell, and likely wouldn't have done without his family and Jack's associated companies applying the pressure.

Second sign was use of the royal "we" when talking to shareholders at the EGM. "We're hoping to sign 3 players", "we're going to have a temporary fanzone at Roots Hall", etc. He believes that it's a partnership, despite the fact that he won't own SUFC anymore, and he honestly believes he's done us and the new owners a favour and "gifted" the club. Delusional. Almost like he's trying to convince himself that it's not really happening and that he hasn't lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back