• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emphasis on this. I am not giving Ron Martin any credit, but it's Ratty Jr. and associated companies/partners who would be providing the money.

Meet - agree something verbally - part - Ratty Jr. and/or associated companies/partners are uneasy about what's been verbally agreed - written version then doesn't quite match what was verbally agreed, or has loopholes - rinse and repeat.

That may well have improved drastically over the last week or so though, and I think they'll get there.
Agreed, Ron hasn't put a dime in the club since Early October. Us fans, turn up in numbers to offset some of the monies paid into the club.

It's at a Pivotal point at the takeover. I just hope Ron (devil) see sense. The council surely they can twist his nuts? If u don't do this. FF etc, you won't have and make it near impossible for you?

Well, we are now in the last day of November
Lets all hope that from tomorrow when December starts we all get our early Christmas present

What happened to the big American sports agents ..That was ment to over see the sale of the Club DId they ever exist Or was it another tall story of Rons
Aren't they basically like a dating agency? They can suggest people for you to meet, but they can't make you hop into bed with them.

In Ron's case, I imagine they probably had their work cut out finding anyone even remotely interested; most would've taken one look at his profile pic and ran screaming.

Last edited:
are the clubs assetts still frozen by the bank And does Rat man still heve to go caap in his hand asking for more . .money to by his chrismas presents for rat boy ie a new bentley .

Don't forget to differentiate between what they can control, and what they can't. Ultimately they can't control whether Fossetts happens or not, and they know that. But they do have a little more control over granular terms of the contract for if it *does* happen, and are quite right to close as many loopholes that the Martins could exploit as they possibly can. Ultimately though, that money is pretty pivotal.

I think he's well aware that he's losing leverage each time he pays RM's bills whilst RM still owns the club, but I don't think he'd do it unless he felt pretty confident still that all will be well.

I think we're quite right to continue directing ire towards RM, but one thing to consider is who will be paying the £20m. It won't be Ron. His name isn't on anything. It'll be Thames Plaza and associated companies, i.e. Jack Martin and partners. So I'd say if anybody is trying to wriggle, keep loopholes in place and/or not provide security it's them.

The Dellals are involved in this too. They are disgustingly, disgustingly wealthy. Surely it's in their interest to provide the security considering the money they already have and the money they'll make out of this? And what about the company holding the charges over the club and associates assets/land? Same for them.

Fingers crossed it'll get sorted. I remain confident. You'll never eliminate the risk, but they're right to try to close off as many loopholes as they can and try to avoid lengthy, costly and soul-sapping legal action down the line.
The Rat pays sweet FA these days, but i am sure he has a say with his son's dealings . He may be hiding cloak and dagger behind the scences but he was the one to originally set up the deals with the Dellals and borrowed money on land at the time when he was a director of certain companies. Jack was hardly out of nappies then it was so long ago.
£39 mill of debt has taken years to rack up.

His name might be off the paperwork but have no doubt he still controls things. It isn't anybody else making statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back