• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
As we get closer to when we can start stressing that there’s something holding the deal up am I alone in refreshing this thread every bloody 20 mins or so? I even checked it when I got up for a jimmy at 3am this morning. Please tell me I’m not obsessing alone!!
Your certainly not alone andyblue having a look in the middle of the night when Southend United is in your blood these things happen COYB

Running out of patience now. Feels like if it’ll come this side of Xmas it’ll be this Wednesday at the earliest as that’s the SUFC payday. Stuck between thinking the consortium and Justin are in to deep to not see it through now but also scared as to what skeletons DD may have pulled up. Rm’s HOT quote the other week filled me with fear.

Running out of patience now. Feels like if it’ll come this side of Xmas it’ll be this Wednesday at the earliest as that’s the SUFC payday. Stuck between thinking the consortium and Justin are in to deep to not see it through now but also scared as to what skeletons DD may have pulled up. Rm’s HOT quote the other week filled me with fear.
Wouldn't surprise me in 'The Rat' hasn't got a stipulation in the DD, that nothing can be said about any skeletons no-one knew about, for a year or so, or even longer?.

Deffo a NDA type of spineless mutt donkey.
Imo we all know he has the morals & ethics of a piece of pond life, & believes his own distorted lies. You only need to read the waffle interview he gave in the recent article in the Mail, to know that nothings his fault, a victim of circumstances etc.
But IF his hidden more unscrupulous dealings, then the revelation of those, would shatter the image his trying to portray?.
* Not S.U.F.C related, but a few months ago i was at the ticket office & got chatting to the guy behind me. He knew someone who had a carpet business who had supplied carpets to 'The lair' about 10 years ago. Poor feller had to wait over a year before he got paid for them!. *
As they say... 'A Leopard never changes it's spots'?.

I hope not. We need this embargo gone before our season ends early. We will really have to go some to make the play offs. The players have performed above themselves but they are knackered.

We need to be realistic about our chances of reaching the play offs this season. They are slim.

Let's not stress ourselves any further by expecting a top 7 finish. We've got to survive as a club first and foremost. Thanks to Ron letting us accrue a 10 point deduction we're only 3 points clear of the drop so a very successful season will be a safe mid table finish. Next season we can more realistically think of promotion as a realistic target. COYB!

We need to be realistic about our chances of reaching the play offs this season. They are slim.

Let's not stress ourselves any further by expecting a top 7 finish. We've got to survive as a club first and foremost. Thanks to Ron letting us accrue a 10 point deduction we're only 3 points clear of the drop so a very successful season will be a safe mid table finish. Next season we can more realistically think of promotion as a realistic target. COYB!
this. Play offs are a bonus after all the **** Ron Martin put us through. Survival is our must have, anything else is a nice surprise

Not sure we’re “expecting” a top seven finish more looking at it as an amazing possibility. And as Southend fans we’ve plenty of other things to “stress” about at the moment.

At least let us have hopes and dreams about the play offs.

Fast coming up to 9 Months since our club was put up for sale, who knew back in March that coming into December that we would still be waiting to hear that our club has been sold.:Angry:

How much longer can this sale process drag on for, before we hear some positive news.

Absolutely - stressing or expecting the playoffs isn’t sensible. However Kev and the players (Cardwell just this weekend) have been clear that the playoffs are absolutely their target. There’s no shame if they don’t make it given everything, but it’s still the right thing to do to aim for it. There’s a long way to go in this season and we’ve every chance of achieving it.

Why are you running out of patience?

This is a complicated commercial deal and could drag on for a long time.

Fast coming up to 9 Months since our club was put up for sale, who knew back in March that coming into December that we would still be waiting to hear that our club has been sold.:Angry:

How much longer can this sale process drag on for, before we hear some positive news.
The majority of people I would have thought would have thought there is/was no way that **** Ron Martin would make this normal or simplify it, there is literally nothing to suggest it will not be a further 9 months if at all ? Let’s face it there’s a lot of huff and puff on this site by the supposed ‘in the knows’ who clamber round anyone they can for a bit of inside info, but the only one really ‘in the know’ is the seller and I’m pretty sure non of you are getting tips and little one liners from him …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back