• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry BM, but I have to question your maths here.

Taking your estimation of 71 to 76 points to make the play offs as a given and not varying from that at all.

Also, you are spot on when you say we have earnt 35 from 21 games so far.

Therefore, to hit 71 we need another 36 points and 41 points to hit 76. Not the 46 and 51 points you have stated.

So, just from a mathematical basis, if we repeat the same haul of 35 points from the next 21 games, that puts us on 70 points with 4 games left.

Not as bad as your original calculation, and why I think, given a fair run of a lack of injuries, we can target this for sure. Not saying we will do it, but it is definitely possible.

Those that pointed out I hadn't taken into account the 10 point deduction are quite right, as was BM, in needing 46 to 51 points. Acknowledged.

well today is the 29th so if deal to be finalised this month ,they have just today and tomorrow to do it . And while the Rat is playing games other clubs are busy signing players that this club is very interested in.

I think the biggest question is .Will Justin be there on sataday if so will he be putting out any statments to the loyal fans .He really should to quiten down all the fears folk have .

Those that pointed out I hadn't taken into account the 10 point deduction are quite right, as was BM, in needing 46 to 51 points. Acknowledged.

The ten point deduction is the real problem we face in attaining the play offs. The old adage "win your home games and draw your away games" is almost working for us this season with 24 points from 10 home games and 11 points from 11 away games. We need to win more of our remaining away games if we are to get near the play offs - so far we have only won 2 out of 11.

The takeover really shouldn't be dragging on.... what's ron really got to gain by hanging on now, he got what he wanted now. I'm starting to think maybe it's not ron who holding this takeover up. Maybe it's the consortium, maybe they aren't that serious about buying Southend. Mess as always with this club!

Last edited:
The ten point deduction is the real problem we face in attaining the play offs. The old adage "win your home games and draw your away games" is almost working for us this season with 24 points from 10 home games and 11 points from 11 away games. We need to win more of our remaining away games if we are to get near the play offs - so far we have only won 2 out of 11.
Also if (when) we get to the playoffs we’d likely be away.

I love all the play off talk , I really do.
But a further delay in the takeover , plus further key injuries or suspensions mean we are in a tough situation at the other end.
Play off promotion would be fantastic , but all that really matter this season are the takeover and safety.
Let's start the push next season from a solid base with Wrexham , Notts County, Chesterfield + one other gone.

Playoffs ! With a busy fixture period coming up if we can’t come out of this embargo then with likely injuries and suspensions I would be more concerned about looking over our shoulder at the relegation places

It concerns me that something has been unearthed in DD and given Rons comments at the EGM that 'terms will not be changed' perhaps points towards a bit of a sticking point. Did he not also suggest that the deal could be done within days of the EGM?
Silience could also mean that dull final paperwork is being done before being announced?
Hopefully the latter.

Could be anything, this is not an easy deal. It's simpler than it was, but Ron has spun a very tangled web in his time, and the lawyers have their work cut out.

Also bear in mind that there will be a lot of third-party back and forth. We don't know that any further skeletons have emerged. The consortium may just want more information on what might be a relatively small point, but their lawyers will go to other lawyers, who will go to Ron, it will go back again, the other party might need more clarity, etc etc. These things can delay proceedings significantly, but it doesn't mean a deal is about to collapse etc.

Ultimately, there's nothing any of us can do now. A deal does seem to be in the final stages but we don't know how long that is going to take. Best course of action is assume the embargo will be in place for the foreseeable future, and focus on supporting the team. It's hard, but it is all we can do.

The takeover really shouldn't be dragging on.... what's ron really got to gain by hanging on now, he got what he wanted now. I'm starting to think maybe it's not ron who holding this takeover up. Maybe it's the consortium, maybe they aren't that serious about buying Southend. Mess as always with this club!
Who's been paying for the new exec lounge renovation? Who's sorted the wine and snack bar in the West? Maybe also bringing wages up to date?

I doubt it's Ron. Especially the first 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back