• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer this drags on in this silence the worse I feel. Not feeling confident

The problem you, and many other fans, will have then is most of this will be done in silence.

JR and the other members of the consortium, from what I gather, don’t like to provide running commentary of what they are doing. They will announce stuff when there is stuff to announce.

On the other side of the fence is RM, and we’ve complained for years about his communication, then dismissed everything he has said as lies when he does say something.

So you’ve got two sides to this, and one doesn’t like to conduct everything in public and the other that even if he did, we wouldn’t believe anyways.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a great deal we can do at the moment.

The longer this drags on in this silence the worse I feel. Not feeling confident
Don't worry. From what I'm told, (Which is not a lot on this subject) they are making sure everything is done correctly. They want to run Southend correctly. They have had lots of hurdles to jump and hoops to go through, but they are not far away now, apparently.

Don't worry. From what I'm told, (Which is not a lot on this subject) they are making sure everything is done correctly. They want to run Southend correctly. They have had lots of hurdles to jump and hoops to go through, but they are not far away now, apparently.
I expect the obstacle course ron has left has many hurdles to jump and hoops to go through a complete nightmare for the consortium legal team

The problem you, and many other fans, will have then is most of this will be done in silence.

JR and the other members of the consortium, from what I gather, don’t like to provide running commentary of what they are doing. They will announce stuff when there is stuff to announce.

On the other side of the fence is RM, and we’ve complained for years about his communication, then dismissed everything he has said as lies when he does say something.

So you’ve got two sides to this, and one doesn’t like to conduct everything in public and the other that even if he did, we wouldn’t believe anyways.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a great deal we can do at the moment.
Exactly this! You have the Consortium which work to and observe trusted lines of business ethics. You have the 🐀 whose methods we all know! Then there is the fans, emotionally invested in 'our' Club with a natural if somewhat misplaced demand and expectation for information flow on all matters Southend United related, from those who can provide it. But they won't! because it's a juxtaposition to how they conduct business. I would be surprised however with JR due back in the UK that some level of communication to the fanbase is not forthcoming, who knows folks could be the 'big' one, hopefully!

In the pub yesterday before the game there was a lot of very positive news being passed around and by someone very connected. I’m hoping based on what was said it could be this week and also that at least two players are already lined up to sign. However I urge on the side of caution as we’ve been done this route before

In the pub yesterday before the game there was a lot of very positive news being passed around and by someone very connected. I’m hoping based on what was said it could be this week and also that at least two players are already lined up to sign. However I urge on the side of caution as we’ve been done this route before
Thanks for sharing mate. I hope for all the players, staff and the fans it gets done this week and we can start the healing process.

That bit is definitely true.

Spoke to currie on way home and he also seemed confident but in his words ‘we’ve been told that before’ . But it does sound like we are close
Got to love Dazza. It’s only done when it’s done, sadly. The atmosphere when it’s over the line will be something to behold. Hopefully it’ll be poor old Wealdstone who take the brunt of a buzzing Roots Hall next weekend.

From CP’s final say: ‘one or two things need to be agreed’ before it’s concluded. Can we then get them discussed and finished please? Thanks in advance.

Rat ron you know it makes sence to say yes know to what ever aces you think you are holding For the sake of the club the fans And your self respect what little you have left .Just get the final bits and bobs put to bed .And leave the club the the men with the money to push the club forwards fron the mess you have crearted .

As we get closer to when we can start stressing that there’s something holding the deal up am I alone in refreshing this thread every bloody 20 mins or so? I even checked it when I got up for a jimmy at 3am this morning. Please tell me I’m not obsessing alone!!
No mate your not alone it should be done THE but is we all know what the rat man is capable of slowing this down for his own gains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back