• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Understandable. Would just be good to know where we as a fan base need to push he who shall not be named and make our feelings heard. He’s a dosser as Tyson Fury would say and he needs a shove in the right direction. I mean he’s getting everything he wants and still wants another fiver for the pot.
I feel it's exactly that kind of scenario. There have been positive noises from the Club, for instance, the Trust have a liaison meeting booked in for early in the New Year, the first one since June.

I feel it's exactly that kind of scenario. There have been positive noises from the Club, for instance, we have a liaison meeting booked in for early in the New Year, the first one since June.
And all the kind of good things happening round the stadium as well as the club’s comms, points to better times coming. But it should not be underestimated how far the fans, Kev, players and staff have been pushed with no communication. We need clarity more than ever, regardless.

If I was king kev I wouldn't be signing new contract until the takeover happens...... Best for your management career to just hold tight.

I think rather than assumptions we should look at the behaviours of people like JR. He seems calm, showing huge excitement when watching us play, speaking to our fans on a regular basis from what I can see and that doesnt look like someone who is concerned that things arent moving along in the background. Plus no negativity is being leaked out which has happened every single time before.

I simply think it's a scenario of Ratty wanting to play silly-buggers and the Consortium being actual grown-ups and getting everything done properly without pandering to the man-child.

Seriously don't think someone as experienced and seasoned as John Still would suggest we have three new players lined up if he didn't think the takeover was going to happen. Doesn't seem the type to go along with hyperbole.

Nothing is clear atm, we do not know for whatever reason on either side what the hold up is and I still have a feeling it will be down to the council to ratify the new plan at FF. The Rat as we all know will try at every corner to gain. I am still not 100% sure Justin will be able to handle the complexity he is faced with. Untangling 20 years of corruption maybe to much.

Nothing is clear atm, we do not know for whatever reason on either side what the hold up is and I still have a feeling it will be down to the council to ratify the new plan at FF. The Rat as we all know will try at every corner to gain. I am still not 100% sure Justin will be able to handle the complexity he is faced with. Untangling 20 years of corruption maybe to much.
Maybe not but I am sure his solicitor can after all that's what solicitors are paid for

My worry too only needs a couple of cold feet and the bricks will start falling down

I don’t think he’ll be signing it until the takeover happens anyways.
From the outside as such the takeover looks bit of drag and bit messy. I don't completely buy into the idea the takeover will be completed anytime soon. From king kevs point of view he won't be happy going into January under embargo, his patience must be running out.

After the EGM I recall this guy being identified , I think as Ben Jones, who was handling legal aspects for 'both' sides. Just wondering if anyone has any more info about him? ie is he just involved with the share issue or has a wider brief?

Attachments

• F_KUFbHWMAEO7iU.jpeg.jpg
    F_KUFbHWMAEO7iU.jpeg.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 16
From the outside as such the takeover looks bit of drag and bit messy. I don't completely buy into the idea the takeover will be completed anytime soon. From king kevs point of view he won't be happy going into January under embargo, his patience must be running out.
Don't believe the takeover will drag on until next year Maybe that why Justin is coming back for our next home game .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back