• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt anyone would be surprised if the remaining DD unearthed something new, especially given Ron's comment re 'HOT being cast in stone'. Neither side would want a show stopper at this late stage so we just have to hope that, if there is a new issue, it can be resolved and things are still on track.
Quite. In the end it’s not finding stuff it’s about whether it’s material in the scheme of things. A bit of last minute d*ck waving is almost compulsory no doubt..

I doubt anyone would be surprised if the remaining DD unearthed something new, especially given Ron's comment re 'HOT being cast in stone'. Neither side would want a show stopper at this late stage so we just have to hope that, if there is a new issue, it can be resolved and things are still on track.
Yep I’m sure that’s all it is …

Buy a car, buy a house, not as big a deal as this by a long chalk BUT 9 out of 10 times, no matter what checks get done; there will always be something which becomes apparent and costs after the purchase, and the seller may have been unaware.
The emphasis must be on Ron being an honest seller, AND he must be aware that if he leaves some stinking known t urds to be found he will be publically shamed.

Buy a car, buy a house, not as big a deal as this by a long chalk BUT 9 out of 10 times, no matter what checks get done; there will always be something which becomes apparent and costs after the purchase, and the seller may have been unaware.
The emphasis must be on Ron being an honest seller, AND he must be aware that if he leaves some stinking known t urds to be found he will be publically shamed.

He won't care about being publicly shamed, he might care about the council thinking twice about his extra houses at FF if he dicks about too much though.

I'm not aware that anything particularly sticky has been uncovered. You'd imagine that the final sticking point or two is probably around risk for the consortium, which must have been a an overarching theme throughout these negotiations, and about reducing it as much as possible.

The HoTs quote from RM was interesting. It might be semantics only, but "agreed" doesn't necessarily mean "signed"? And if Ronald hasn't been paying certain things that he should have been paying since the HoTs were agreed and some of those things have been paid by somebody else, then the amounts of money involved would surely change, and that would be obvious to anybody who doesn't have their head in the clouds? I don't know, maybe I'm thinking about it in the wrong way.

I'm not aware that anything particularly sticky has been uncovered. You'd imagine that the final sticking point or two is probably around risk for the consortium, which must have been a an overarching theme throughout these negotiations, and about reducing it as much as possible.

The HoTs quote from RM was interesting. It might be semantics only, but "agreed" doesn't necessarily mean "signed"? And if Ronald hasn't been paying certain things that he should have been paying since the HoTs were agreed and some of those things have been paid by somebody else, then the amounts of money involved would surely change, and that would be obvious to anybody who doesn't have their head in the clouds? I don't know, maybe I'm thinking about it in the wrong way.

You mean Ron reneging on agreed terms in effect? Not really a surprise, he'll expect them to pick up the tab for whatever stroke he's pulled in these closing stages because that's who he is and of course, he can never be wrong.

arseholes like Ron always come out of the **** smelling of roses Now matter how hard he makes things .There is always someone clever than him Sooner or later his empire is going to copme crashing around him .Lets all hope its sooner rather than later .

You mean Ron reneging on agreed terms in effect? Not really a surprise, he'll expect them to pick up the tab for whatever stroke he's pulled in these closing stages because that's who he is and of course, he can never be wrong.
I'm just spitballing really, but he's done it before and if some terms or promises related to the value of the deal haven't been fulfilled, then why should he expect HoTs to be "set in stone"? Especially if they're not signed? (Again, that might be semantics and me overthinking use of the word "agreed" vs. "signed").

I'm just spitballing really, but he's done it before and if some terms or promises related to the value of the deal haven't been fulfilled, then why should he expect HoTs to be "set in stone"? Especially if they're not signed? (Again, that might be semantics and me overthinking use of the word "agreed" vs. "signed").
Is there not much detail sneaking out then? Thought there were lines of comms with Justin…

Either it's a done deal or it's about to come crashing around our ears And we are told not to worry.

Or it’s somewhere in the middle…

You won’t be getting a running commentary from JR & co, and you’ll get bugger all from RM.

You may hear something from JR if he is back over for Wealdstone, or the next time we hear from him might be when the deal is done.

Think everyone needs to relax a little bit on this…

I believe there are, but nothing that is publishable. And you can kind of understand why.
Understandable. Would just be good to know where we as a fan base need to push he who shall not be named and make our feelings heard. He’s a dosser as Tyson Fury would say and he needs a shove in the right direction. I mean he’s getting everything he wants and still wants another fiver for the pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back