• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be along these lines. Maybe, we should start up the protest again? We at the final hurdle
It feels like that time. If he’s got time to promote his Bs in the Daily Fail then his too comfortable. Sure there’s some fireworks going cheap…

We are down to guess work again, unless one of the consortium comes out saying there is a problem we could just as easily be waiting for all them to get the money together, one of them still has to sort out their share in Rangers.

We are down to guess work again, unless one of the consortium comes out saying there is a problem we could just as easily be waiting for all them to get the money together, one of them still has to sort out their share in Rangers.
They will regard it as the normal process of DD- you find stuff, you resolve stuff, certainly as has been said not something subject to a running commentary or statements.

While I would never expect anyone to have faith in the 🐀 We must have faith in the Consortium to do what needs to be done to get this deal over the line. And if that did involve a level of compromise or acceptance after the emergence of more 🐀 💩 to clear up, then faith that their commitment to completion outweighs any additional 🐀 legacy to deal with.
Also there needs to be faith in the Trusts lines of communication to the Consortium, not least Justin himself. If there were issues that needed the protests to recommence, then it would be good to know it had been green lighted and was not counter productive to the Consortium's efforts.
Don't get me wrong I am only advocating caution here not non action. We need to know we are doing the right thing but obviously that requires being giving the right info from those that really are in the know.

I think we also need to remember that a number of these consortium members are life long fans and have already stated that the next few years would be a labour of love, they are fully aware how hard this will be and the takeover is just the first part. Lifelong fans with a chance of purchasing 'their' club will not just give up and walk away without real serious issues (I know I wouldn't!).

As hard as this is for us fans to tolerate we have to just carry on and have faith in the people behind this takeover. Hopefully were talking just a couple of days but who knows.

I'm not necessarily an advocate of further protest but if Ron is moving goalposts or has hidden further debt etc, then a few reminders his way could be very useful.

Of course, the consortium could update us with info to the contrary but it does seem odd that recent info has dwindled from watch this space in days to not alot coming out of the club.

Has to be along these lines. Maybe, we should start up the protest again? We at the final hurdle
The protests should never have stopped.

The man really is the most vile human being. He will stamp on and steal off anyone to get what he wants!!

Do not trust a word that man says. If you expect the very worst with Ron then you won’t be left too disappointed!!

First it was 'weeks, not months',
Then it was 1st November
Then it was 17th November
Now it's 1st December
Then it'll be by the end of the year..
Then by the end of the season...
It's just going to keep dragging on. I know that Justin and the band of buyers are working and driving towards completion, but it's just that there is a ratty roadblock there, standing between extinction and freedom. It's when he moves, not Justin.
Just two more weeks to flatten the curve

I think things are progressing and with all the other debts being taken care of, as TL said last week, the transferring of the 95% shareholding to the consortium must be one of the last remaining transactions hopefully.

With Justin planning to return to UK in December, which has always been the plan, that doesn't seem to have changed, which is re-assuring.

So for me, it's the time where keeping impatience at bay is getting harder, be hoping we are now down to days to wait until the white smoke is seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back