• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defo, not this week. To my understanding, it's getting there. There are still some major points of the transaction that needs be resolved.

My only concern, if no one budges on this. This could drag on weeks n weeks. Anyone else, no problem. It's Ron!

It's just like a house sale. All going well. One outstanding enquiry could take forever

However, positive spin. He has too much to lose. The council (god bless them) have him by the balls.
As I said Ron will be playing his HoT are set in stone and agreed card. You will remember he played the same with Kimura at one point. How can I reduce the price, the price is £1, shall I reduce it to 50p card.

He obviously can't reduce the purchase price, so no doubt the consortium are saying we found A and B we didn't expect, you need to pay these....all very predictable. And tortuous. Or it may be about warranties re. future liabilities or something. Or nothing. But Ron won't have slipped in his HoT comment unintentionally.

Meanwhile the players and management team are in the cross fire being screwed. So those that can put real pressure on should be doing so.

FWIW I still think end of this month but then I'm not ITK

I would be extremely surprised if any deal will be officially confirmed and FA approved until after the new year

Amazing how Scunthorpes first chairman bailed out and said he didn't want to stay and then they got a new owner in a matter of days. They've even managed to obtain Glandford Park already.

This seems to be the longest takeover in history.

I get that it's a tangled web but it's got so many people working on it, from the consortium, to Ron and Tom to the council being supportive. That's not too mention solicitors etc.

Why is nothing at SUFC easy

Amazing how Scunthorpes first chairman bailed out and said he didn't want to stay and then they got a new owner in a matter of days. They've even managed to obtain Glandford Park already.

I get that it's a tangled web but it's got so many people working on it, from the consortium, to Ron and Tom to the council being supportive. That's not too mention solicitors etc.

I’ll give you one guess? He may be reclining on a deeply-soiled leopard print chaise longue as we type…

Last edited:

Because it's Southend, of course.

First it was 'weeks, not months',
Then it was 1st November
Then it was 17th November
Now it's 1st December
Then it'll be by the end of the year..
Then by the end of the season...
It's just going to keep dragging on. I know that Justin and the band of buyers are working and driving towards completion, but it's just that there is a ratty roadblock there, standing between extinction and freedom. It's when he moves, not Justin.

These football clubs are small businesses. Turnover less than £5m. So they can be done very quickly. On a couple of occasions in another life I've acquired small business in less than a month start to finish. BUT the club is a far more complex acquisition (more so than I readily admit I catered for). Over his period in charge he's clearly built up a tangled web of inter company and other relationships, and debt traditional and not, that mean its clearly a bit of a nightmare.

The York chairman looked at us but said it was just way to complicated. York he could buy nice and clean and quick. Which is what he did. We needed buyer for whom the prize is worth the chase- which we now have.

First it was 'weeks, not months',
Then it was 1st November
Then it was 17th November
Now it's 1st December
Then it'll be by the end of the year..
Then by the end of the season...
It's just going to keep dragging on. I know that Justin and the band of buyers are working and driving towards completion, but it's just that there is a ratty roadblock there, standing between extinction and freedom. It's when he moves, not Justin.
Thing is you don't know what you don't know. I'm sure its close.

As I said Ron will be playing his HoT are set in stone and agreed card. You will remember he played the same with Kimura at one point. How can I reduce the price, the price is £1, shall I reduce it to 50p card.

He obviously can't reduce the purchase price, so no doubt the consortium are saying we found A and B we didn't expect, you need to pay these....all very predictable. And tortuous. Or it may be about warranties re. future liabilities or something. Or nothing. But Ron won't have slipped in his HoT comment unintentionally.

Meanwhile the players and management team are in the cross fire being screwed. So those that can put real pressure on should be doing so.

FWIW I still think end of this month but then I'm not ITK
100% that IMO, something is not quite right and we are probably down to a game of bluff again!

Any clue or hint into what it bluff could be about.

His interview outside court was telling and why it made me so angry/fearful.
Nope but as @kentblues stated he said that for a reason and made it public. Just a guess here but maybe the consortium have discovered something else in DD but the rat refuses to budge on the HoT's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back