• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely this.

We are in a bit of a state I think.

Ron can't exactly take a leap of faith and just go for it unless he has got 100% guarantee in place about the new properties at FF. If he does and they don't grant it, he's lost pretty much everything (aside from whatever he gets from the sale) and we won't get our 20m either.

I can't see how the council can (legally and properly) give him that guarantee without planning permission being sorted, which is nowhere near happening as I don't think he's even put the plans in.

If it doesn't progress and the deal collapses, he then owns RH and FF, won't fund the club and we will have no option but to fold I would imagine. He can then sell both plots for development (albeit after a fight).

Please someone tell me I'm wrong or have missed something.
Yep, I said exac the same on September 28th on the sale to JR thread

When the takeover completes and everything has been100% signed over to JR and co, I hope the council drag out the FF development indefinitely, and mire the Martins down in bureaucracy and red tape for the next.... ohhh, 20 years or so. :Whistling:

See, I would agree, and I agree with the sentiments, but we could do with £20 million really….

Unfortunately, when RM goes, if we want the extra money, we need him to do well. It’s like having a player at the Club you never rated, and couldn’t stand, having a sell on clause so you secretly have to hope they do well.

Quite possibly, I don't know on that one. It's not unusual to see an Agreement for Lease in place before planning permission is granted or even applied for though, and that's what happened with the current live and approved Fossetts plans.

I own commercial property so know a bit about leases. My tenant will be doing agreed work over Christmas.

Yes I'm confident SBC will swap their deal from RH to FF. The problem is whether PP will actuality be granted for 500 houses on green belt. Plenty of NIMBYs will try to block that. We even had a troll on here trying to whip an anti stadium group because they hate any development.

As long as the takeover happens us fans won't care to much if the houses never happen but it will effect the £20m the consortium are expecting. That will ultimately cause us problems in another decade.

I own commercial property so know a bit about leases. My tenant will be doing agreed work over Christmas.

Yes I'm confident SBC will swap their deal from RH to FF. The problem is whether PP will actuality be granted for 500 houses on green belt. Plenty of NIMBYs will try to block that. We even had a troll on here trying to whip an anti stadium group because they hate any development.

As long as the takeover happens us fans won't care to much if the houses never happen but it will effect the £20m the consortium are expecting. That will ultimately cause us problems in another decade.
Did JHustin not say the 20 millons is not an issue it would not stop the take over .Hopfuly that is right .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back